Gran Turismo 5

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah actually the "sweet" was to the release date ... id be really disappointed in no online play.... hopfully youre right Batty

yeah actually the "sweet" was to the release date ... id be really disappointed in no online play.... hopfully youre right Batty
I agreeing with you about the no online play and thinking it could kill the game.

Someone verify something for me.

I have an Xbox 360 and got enough gift cards and cash to buy a PS3 for Christmas. One of the demos I downloaded from the PSN Store was Gran Turismo 5 Time Trial.

I've played a lot of Forza 3 and think the graphics are outstanding and was looking forward to seeing how well GT5 looked in comparison. When I played the demo though I was shocked to see that it looked like poo poo compared to Forza 3.

I also noticed that the GT5 demo was only around 200+ MB so maybe that is why?

What does everyone else think about the GT5 demo and the graphics?

What does everyone else think about the GT5 demo and the graphics?

I think that demos generally speaking have poor graphics compared to their final build counterparts. That being said, considering the amount of time between the GT5 demo(s) and the final release of the game, the retail version should look amazing. Well worth the wait I'm thinking. Better than Forza 3? I don't know, I haven't played that one yet :eek:

I think that demos generally speaking have poor graphics compared to their final build counterparts. That being said, considering the amount of time between the GT5 demo(s) and the final release of the game, the retail version should look amazing. Well worth the wait I'm thinking. Better than Forza 3? I don't know, I haven't played that one yet :eek:

Hopefully, I was a big fan of the series when I had my PS2. I'm not trying to start a 360 v. PS3 fanboy war, I was just surprised in how bad it looked to Forza 3.

Am I the only one who has downloaded the demo?

new confirmed features (read it and weep forza fans):lol

highlighted my favs

- Deformation for every car in the game although race cars will see even more damage
- First screens of GT5's night racing
- 1,000+ vehicles, all with modeled interiors
- Up to 16 players online
- Indy cars and tracks will be included
- Head tracking is reconfirmed and it's for use during racing
- Multi display is back (using 3 PS3's for a wider view)
- HD uploads to YouTube
- Weather
- Night racing for all tracks

- All cars will have cockpit view (the 170 premium are the ones on which the interior will also damage - the rest only external damage)
- Night & Day cycle and weather effects on all tracks
- Damage (visual and mechanical)

Last edited:
Sounds good to me... Is there an official release date????
This game is taking forever to hit the shelves.

Nevermind I found this list and it answers my question.

1,000+ vehicles
All vehicles have fully modelled cockpits (170 premium cars will have interior damage modelling)
All vehicles will have both physical and mechanical damage modelling
Indy (IRL) cars and tracks
NASCAR cars and track (a big oval then)
Up to 16 players online
High-definition video uploads directly to YouTube
Multi-display rendering
Head-tracking
Full weather and night racing on all tracks
Night/Day on all tracks

Nevermind I found this list and it answers my question.

1,000+ vehicles
All vehicles have fully modelled cockpits (170 premium cars will have interior damage modelling)
All vehicles will have both physical and mechanical damage modelling
Indy (IRL) cars and tracks
NASCAR cars and track (a big oval then)
Up to 16 players online
High-definition video uploads directly to YouTube
Multi-display rendering
Head-tracking
Full weather and night racing on all tracks
Night/Day on all tracks

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Back