Gotham City Origins series -Commissioner Gordon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ya know, the show looks kinda amazing. Every concern I had with it being a 'CW' or WB type show was quickly dismissed within that 2 minute trailer. Will be there Day one, even though its FOX and we all know what that means most times!!! Batman's greatest villain is actually that network!

the trailer for this just looks really really bad. Typical

Trailer was not bad - Did we just watch the same 2 minutes? Oh wait, you're from the East Coast....? i understand.... ;)

Yea I thought it was far from bad. Even without bats I'll watch for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This looks worse than Arrow. Which is ****ing wretched. Why the **** did I even get excited for this? This cancellation will give Seth MacFarlane another slot, I guess.

This looks worse than Arrow. Which is ****ing wretched. Why the **** did I even get excited for this? This cancellation will give Seth MacFarlane another slot, I guess.

Yeah it is not what I expected it to be.Green Arrow is still horenous typical CW crap I have no idea why there is always a marked drop between film and TV.

And it is not a question of budget for special effects its the overall story telling.

I still think they couldn't have picked a worse spot in the timeline to focus on. The taglines should have said "Before... anything of importance happened" :lol Everyone is just way too young and early in their 'careers' to be of much interest IMO. I think focusing 10 more years in the future would have been great. Bruce is who knows where training, crime is escalating, the villains are forming, Batman is getting needed. Eventually work Bruce into the story and then Batman. But Catwoman, Bruce, and Ivy all look like middle school age at best. Is Arkham's School for Gifted Youngers going to be apart of this? :lol

Yeah, a smaller gap between this and Batman would have been great, at least the show could end with sightings of the Batman or something like that.

I think it'd be nice to get some insight into Bruce's childhood after the murder; it's a time in his life that is never really touched upon. Plus, I don't see why the show has to focus strictly on this time period. I still think we should get a few seasons of this, have one of the seasons end with Gordon transferring to Chicago, and start the next season Boardwalk Empire style, with a mustachioed Gordon, glasses and all, riding a train back into Gotham, 5-7 years later, with a recast, older Bruce Wayne also arriving, Year One style.

I think it'd be nice to get some insight into Bruce's childhood after the murder; it's a time in his life that is never really touched upon. Plus, I don't see why the show has to focus strictly on this time period. I still think we should get a few seasons of this, have one of the seasons end with Gordon transferring to Chicago, and start the next season Boardwalk Empire style, with a mustachioed Gordon, glasses and all, riding a train back into Gotham, 5-7 years later, with a recast, older Bruce Wayne also arriving, Year One style.

:exactly: There's no reason they can't jump ahead a few years after setting the base.

I was gonna watch this regardless but having seen the trailer I have slightly higher hopes....especially if the junior rogues are more cameo and less the focus....I bet it will do ok.

Don't be like that. Gotham Central was one of the best Batman books of the past 20 years and it focused almost exclusively on the GCPD.

I still think they couldn't have picked a worse spot in the timeline to focus on. The taglines should have said "Before... anything of importance happened" :lol Everyone is just way too young and early in their 'careers' to be of much interest IMO. I think focusing 10 more years in the future would have been great. Bruce is who knows where training, crime is escalating, the villains are forming, Batman is getting needed. Eventually work Bruce into the story and then Batman. But Catwoman, Bruce, and Ivy all look like middle school age at best. Is Arkham's School for Gifted Youngers going to be apart of this? :lol

I'm still sad it's not actually a Gotham Central show. That would have been the best of both worlds, especially if they merged it with Batman Year One. Can you imagine a thirties-something Gordon coming in to Gotham City, making friends and enemies within the police station while dealing with the corruption and Oswald's gun trade, with in the background the rumors of a bat creature running around fighting crime? Ending with a season finale that lets the two properly meet up and team up to stop something big from happening, leading to Gordon also becoming commisioner? And then from the second season onwards you can start introducing new villains and focus on the angle of how the police and the people of Gotham deal with those, while keeping Batman's dealings in the shadows. I think that approach could have really worked.

Ideally, though, if I could map out how I hope this show would progress, it would probably be like this:

Seasons 1-3: The journey of young Bruce Wayne and some of the other characters (basically, what we're getting); end Season 3 with Gordon transferring to Chicago.

-Young Justice/Boardwalk Empire/Rome style time jump-

Season 4: Year One storyline focusing on the manhunt for Batman from the GCPD/Gordon perspective with a new, older Bruce Wayne/Selina Kyle, etc.

Seasons 5-7:Gotham Central style show where Batman is relegated to the shadows.

Ideally, though, if I could map out how I hope this show would progress, it would probably be like this:

Seasons 1-3: The journey of young Bruce Wayne and some of the other characters (basically, what we're getting); end Season 3 with Gordon transferring to Chicago.

-Young Justice/Boardwalk Empire/Rome style time jump-

Season 4: Year One storyline focusing on the manhunt for Batman from the GCPD/Gordon perspective with a new, older Bruce Wayne/Selina Kyle, etc.

Seasons 5-7:Gotham Central style show where Batman is relegated to the shadows.

More like:

Season 1: Cop show.
Season 2: Canceled. :monkey4

Her hair looks pretty normal to me.:dunno

gotham-set-pics-wayne-parents-death.jpg

gotham-set-pics-wayne-parents-death-2.jpg

gotham-set-pics-wayne-parents-death-3.jpg

One thing that really REALLY bothers me is no pearl necklace!! Whyyyy!

I don't see why they can't jump in time but what I really want to see is Bruce's training. I love that part of his story. On top of that, Batman, like Green Arrow, really lends himself well to a television series. It's a detective show. He deals with a new villain every season. This way, you can actually have a bat family that you see more than 2 hours of every 2-3 years. Batman's movies don't make much sense considering he's out there every night workin' the streets as they say. How can you get a proper feel of his partnership with Alfred and Robin in just 2 hours when you have to fit all the other stuff in? Let Batfleck be the JL Batman and let's have a real Batman detective show.

Anyway, my only reservation about this show is the young catwoman. NOT INTERESTED IN THAT

If it were my "Gotham" I'd have totally made her the Jodie Foster character from Taxi Driver/a Holly Robinson analogue. Falcone's illegitimate daughter growing up in a Gotham whorehouse until her mother ODs and leaves her to fend for herself with an abusive pimp. It would explain her moral code and identity as a thief, as she grew up trying to get by, and it could also go a ways to explaining the whole "Catwoman" persona; it's a source of empowerment for a woman who's been abused the better part of her life. Although, I suppose, that would probably be too racy for FOX.:lol

Back