Good Hotel in San Diego for SDCC 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daikkenaurora

Super Freak
Reaction score
Does anyone know good hotels that arent that expensive in San Diego that are close to the San Diego convention center? I'm trying to book a hotel for SDCC 2010.

Thanks

All hotels jack up their prices...
just to give you an example, if a standard room for "X' hotel goes usually for let's say $160.00 a night, it will cost you between $350.00-$450.00 a night... and that's the official rates.

Maybe your best bet is through SDCC hotel deals?...
I live here so I really don't know how this works, but I'm sure plenty of Freaks will help you out!

just to give you an example, if a standard room for "X' hotel goes usually for let's say $160.00 a night, it will cost you between $350.00-$450.00 a night... and that's the official rates.

I live here so I really don't know how this works, but I'm sure plenty of Freaks will help you out!

That happens for every hotel when a con comes around and since its the biggest, I figure so would the prices. Those bastards.

And it sucks because I've never been to San Diego so I dont know any good hotels.

see if you CC has a rewards program, that's how I've booked mine for three years now. You can find a room for less than $150 a night.

see if you CC has a rewards program, that's how I've booked mine for three years now. You can find a room for less than $150 a night.

Nope, my CC doesnt have rewards towards hotels. :(

If you belong to AAA, you can get some decent prices too. I plan on using them for 2011 SDCC.

I do have AAA. :chew

I looked at some of the Hotels SDCC will be offering and a few arent bad. I tried to find them using orbitz and got nothing. I guess SDCC has exclusivity.

Grab a sleeping bag and head to Kuzeh's house!!! :rock

picture.php

I'm staying with Sam :rock
:rock

Um, no, I'm not going :(

I lied just to feel like a was apart of something.
th_9.gif

Daikkenaurora, if you really need to save money your best bet is to share a hotel room with other Freaks. If you can't or don't want to do that then you will have to either pay through the nose or stay farther away from the Con. Just make sure sure you stay close to a trolley line.

I always stay out in Hotel Circle. There is a mall Trolley stop near there to park the car. It works out pretty well except when the train is crowded after the con closes and you can't put your arms down because they are full of swag :lol

Back