Good Deals on Whedon Items

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a possiblity but what happens is people sell them on here and this board does not have too many Buffy fans that don't already own them. So when they go up no one is interested and forces the seller to go lower. Unfortunately it happend to Mike a little while ago with the Spike Ex PF and that is sideshows best buffy PF. If you stay away from eBay and wait for one to pop on here I am pretty positive you can get it pretty cheap.

I guess that's cool if someone here sold a PF cheap so that they knew someone here on the board who really wanted it could have it, but obviously they could have sold it on ebay and made more money. I'm fairly new here, but I'd be surprised if too many people here actually wanted to sell their PF's. Of course, maybe it's just me, I couldn't ever imagine giving mine up now that I have them! Maybe I'm just a :cuckoo: Buffy fan! :D

Hmmm, sitting here thinking about it, there is more than just the Whedon board - I tend to forget that because I don't care for other statues. I guess I can imagine that there are "statue fans" who own Buffy statues, but they care about their superhero/star wars/whatever else statues more than their Buffy statues, so they would eventually give them up. But would they sell them here or just take them to ebay?

I have to say I'm not all that invested in statues. I prefer the 12" figs myself. I like to be able to pose them. :lol:

I guess that's cool if someone here sold a PF cheap so that they knew someone here on the board who really wanted it could have it, but obviously they could have sold it on ebay and made more money. I'm fairly new here, but I'd be surprised if too many people here actually wanted to sell their PF's. Of course, maybe it's just me, I couldn't ever imagine giving mine up now that I have them! Maybe I'm just a :cuckoo: Buffy fan! :D

Hmmm, sitting here thinking about it, there is more than just the Whedon board - I tend to forget that because I don't care for other statues. I guess I can imagine that there are "statue fans" who own Buffy statues, but they care about their superhero/star wars/whatever else statues more than their Buffy statues, so they would eventually give them up. But would they sell them here or just take them to ebay?

I find most try to sell them here first because for the most part they can deal with people they talk to everyday. You have a better chance of not getting scammed on these boards and don't have to deal with fees.

Hm. Seems I've stumbled upon a Buffy Throne of Slayer (REG) going for about $290. That seems like a good deal, no? I mean, granted this isn't the best looking Buffy piece, but it would be nice to have to go with my Faith and upcomig Angel maquettes. It sure beats the ones I've seen around going for $400+ What do you all think? Good deal?

Well, people could all of a suden need money. Or want cooler Buffy statues. I would be suprised if not one person here on the board sold their Buffyverse PFs to be able to buy a maquette instead.

Hm. Seems I've stumbled upon a Buffy Throne of Slayer (REG) going for about $290. That seems like a good deal, no? I mean, granted this isn't the best looking Buffy piece, but it would be nice to have to go with my Faith and upcomig Angel maquettes. It sure beats the ones I've seen around going for $400+ What do you all think? Good deal?

I think if it hovers around that price range, it's a good deal. But much more than thay, I'd be inclined to hold out for an Exclusive.

I think if it hovers around that price range, it's a good deal. But much more than thay, I'd be inclined to hold out for an Exclusive.

Lol, if you think the Reg's at $400+ are bad, you don't wanna know what the Exclusives are going for. And it's so funny, cause I saw a Reg go for $400 that I was THIS CLOSE to bidding on but I let it go and it sold, and now two days later I see one for $290. I'm not sure I'm gonna get any luckier than this lol. I'm sure the guy who bought the other one is kicking himself. If he would've waited just two more days... :lol

Lol, if you think the Reg's at $400+ are bad, you don't wanna know what the Exclusives are going for. And it's so funny, cause I saw a Reg go for $400 that I was THIS CLOSE to bidding on but I let it go and it sold, and now two days later I see one for $290. I'm not sure I'm gonna get any luckier than this lol. I'm sure the guy who bought the other one is kicking himself. If he would've waited just two more days... :lol

I think it's not a bad deal, and I'd go for it if I were you. Plus it's an awesome piece. :hi5:

It was a Regular that sold for that much????

I'm not a big fan of the newsletters anymore. I still don't understanding why someone in Location A can get the newsletter 8 hours before someone in Location B. And when it comes to random 'warehouse finds,' 8 hours....is kind of a big thing.

I'm not the most tech savy, but the delays get annoying after awhile. :lol

I got my newsletter in time and had at least a good 6 minutes with Buffy in my cart to check out. And decided against it. I thought having a duplicate might make me feel better because I love the red pants Buffy so much. But I hoped that if I backed out, someone who really wanted her would get her, and not just someone to flip it.

So there was good time to get her IF you got the letter on time.

I don't have a good deal to post but a favor to ask. A good friend of mine on the board (The Monster) is looking into getting Buffy on dvd. If one of the collections comes up relatively cheap, and you happen upon it, could you please post it in here? I would love to be able to help him out.

I believe they are all on Amazon Prime and Netflix instant watch. For like $9 a month he could watch the whole thing.

Yes, I have Netflix and Buffy, Angel, Firefly/Serenity, and Dollhouse are all available for instant streaming. $9 and he can watch them all. Actually, if it's his first time using Netflix, he gets his first month free, I believe (if they're still running that promotion).

I think it's something he wants to own. But I can definitely tell him. I have Netflix too, but completely forgot about renting the dvds.

Damn. Amazon had the whole Buffy series collection (the new one) as their deal of the day for like $70-$90 a week or two ago.

Back