Gondorian Helm set, Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Fountain Guard Helm is broken

Bummer, they will sort you out though. That wing looks very fragile.:x

Looks like an Attack Troll lopped off the wing! Bummer dude!

:sick

since you got this direct from ss, replacement for that helm shouldnt be a prob.

looking at how the helms are packed, i thought at first they come in 4 separate boxes packed into one big box. I'm glad that they didnt, this way here saves a lot of weight and cost mainly of course!

My helms have just arrived also, and one the wings on my fountain guard helm has broken also. Have you had any reply from sideshow about this yet? I would hope that there will be a replacement, as it is really disappointing to have my first sideshow product arrive in so long - and find it damaged.

It makes me :sick :puke

Scriff

oh man, my citadel guard helm is also damaged. knowing that this is LE of 1000 pieces, will ss replace with a spare one (do they have spares?? :dunno ) or will they just take it back, mend it and send it back to you??

if it's an obvious breakage i understand ss would surely do something but what if it's just a crack? will they reject on their grounds that it's not serious enough for an exchange. i mean which collector wants a cracked product right.

anyone?

Yup mine arrived brokne to.
I emailed Sideshow 24 hours ago and no reply, hopefully I get one soon.
Noel, I think they will just send a new one and make you smash the brokne one.

that sounds great. but mine isnt like a total breakage where a part is separated from the helm.

but rather a crack on the cheek plate of the helm on on side. i can see the crack on the inside of the helm as well. and the thing is, it seems like someone tried to patch it up, there's like a smurge around the area of the crack and there is no paint there.

the top pointy part of the helm also looked like as though it was scratched with scotch brite or something. i can see many lines on it and again, it has that matt look where there's no paint either. what's up with that... :dunno

i'm so disappointed. it it's an outright breakage it would be so simple, just take a shot of it and send an email to ss. but i dunno if they will change mine or should i break something so that they will change it?

I'm awaiting a reply from SS as well, doubt I will get one until next week - I hope they have a reasonable stock of spares - this sounds like a bit of a problem helm as a few people seem to have a broken FG helm.

Here's hoping we get a good resolution!!

Scriff

Well it has been 4 days now that I contacted SS and still nothing.

I had a broken wing and they responded to me within a few hours. However, I e-mailed the SS rep I had already been working with directly because the helms were mailed to the wrong address.

What they had me do was repack just the damaged fountain guard helm in the box the whole set came in (or any box) and simply mark it with a four digit number. They say UPS will pick it up within four days and return it to them. Then they will replace it.

EDIT: UPS picked it up shortly after I posted this afternoon, slapping a label on it and leaving a tracking receipt with me. That was fast. And they actually came to the right address, not the one it was misdelivered to. Color me impressed.

Sorry to hear so many arrived damaged in Australia.

Hope you guys get a decent resolution - keep us posted. :elf

Finally!!!!!!!!

I just got this e-mail on a Friday however so I doubt the 24 hours would take place over the weekend. But hey it is a response and that is a great start:

Dear Scott,

Thank you for contacting our Customer Service Department.
I'm so sorry that you received a damaged item.

I am forwarding a copy of your e-mail to Jon in our Return's Department.
He will be in contact with you in the next 24 hours with all the
necessary information to retrieve your damaged piece and he will arrange
to send you a new one.

He can be reached directly (admin edited for Jon's sanity's sake)

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Best regards,

Erin
Customer Service

:rock

You are in good hands. Jon kicks ass. I recieved GoSF busted, twice & he got everything handled in a timely & professional manner. The third time it arrived it was perfect!

:banana

:spook

:taz

-Cheers

Jon and Erin are the ones who helped me, so you're in good shape.

I'm hoping it will all work out. Still waiting for a reply from SS - doubt it will be over the weekend, but at least fubeca has given me the email of the bloke that is helping him - in case I hear nothing.

Scriff

good news ss replied back. had to smash the helm up and send pics to them. phew!

good to know there are still replacement helms available! :dance

I got another response back from SS. Here it is:

Dear Scott,

This email is to inform you that your Return Authorization request has been processed and your corresponding RMA # is 5622. Please put this # on the outside of the box we originally sent you the item in or one of your own if need be; this # is the only information needed on the outside of the box. UPS will retrieve the item from the location to which it was delivered within the next 4 business days after 06/20/05, so if you will not be available during these dates, please make the package available to the UPS Personnel.

As soon as we receive the package back from UPS, we will send out your replacement as quickly as possible. Thank-you for your patience in this process!

Best regards,

Jonathan Rasmussen

Returns Department

The damaged one is going out tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks SSW!! :rock

oh it's the same guy that replied me. why is it that my damaged helm need to be destroyed and they will send a replacement after seeing the pics but for your case, they have to go thru the trouble of getting it shipped back to them?

Re: re

US damages usually require return of the damaged merchandise. It's only international returns that usually ask for it to be destroyed.

Back