Going to C4? Adam Hughes print....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IrishJedi said:
Lost in all of this debate is the fact that DarthSaffron's own C4 print rawks the house as well! :rock :rock

:duff

Ha! Yes, it is an insignificant side note that I too have a C4 print. Thanks for noticing, and for liking it! I can't believe that my first piece of printed licensed art EVER is a print commemorating the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars, one of my favorite movies. I think I must be one of the luckiest artists out there!

DarthSaffron said:
Ha! Yes, it is an insignificant side note that I too have a C4 print. Thanks for noticing, and for liking it! I can't believe that my first piece of printed licensed art EVER is a print commemorating the 30th Anniversary of Star Wars, one of my favorite movies. I think I must be one of the luckiest artists out there!

Do you have a link to yours and all the other art prints? I found one earlier at work but can't find it now! :eek:

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

Saffron's print:

sohn_thePrincess.jpg

The full round-up: https://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/C4_Artist_RoundUp_105007.asp

Adam Hughes here...

Wow. A little bit of fuss; not much, but I guess this needs to be addressed before a situation (even a minor one) develops.

Here's how it is....

We can only make 250 of the prints. So, demand will outstrip supply just on the fact that the print has Princess Leia in a bikini. Not everyone will get one. I'm a lifelong die-hard STAR WARS fan, and I'll probably end up spending the 30th birthday party apologizing to people because there aren't any left..... Man. Are we allowed to drink in the Art Show? Where's my contract.....

OK. As far as the artist is concernd, when demand is greater than supply and a pecking order is required, I personally feel that it's a 'first-come, first serve' situation, 'one-to-a-customer', for paying attendees. That means, fans who paid to get in, and made the pilgrimage to the City of Angels. Con employees, anyone with a dealer's badge, even stars from the darn film: all get told that the fans come first. Except Natalie Portman. She can have mine.

So, attending fans ONLY. So far so good, right?

Up steps JJ, a real nice guy who tells a few cats on my Yahoo group that if they can't go, he'll grab one for them. No hassle. Not a problem. It doesn't even violate the 'one-to-a-customer' rule, because we personally know the all the people he's doing a solid for. Still no problem, right?

Well. A dozen or so prints is one thing. But if that number snowballs (and it's starting to), then we start to break the first rule. It's not longer a nice favor done by a decent guy; it's a 'pre-order', a situation I patently wanted to avoid.

Lucasfilm is concerned I might sell out of the print before the con (a situation NONE of us wants...), so when we asked them how they felt, they told us they'd appreciate it if we did pre-ordering or the whole Yahoo group "hey, dude, grab me one; my kid has a recital" deal. Since JJ had already promised a few cats he'd get them a print, we decided to stay with that. I want as many people as possible to get a print; so does Lucasfilm. Even the midichlorians want that; isn't that nice of them?

So, here's the situation as it escalates. The Yahoo group deal is nice when it's a guy doing a favor for some pals. When people proceed to join my Yahoo group for the express purpose of getting the print, well, that's OK, too! Welcome to the party. Come on in, the water's fine...

But it's becoming a 'pre-order' situation now, and my little rule is getting stepped on like it's a WHO concert from the 70s. We told JJ it was OK to grab a few prints for non-attending fans, or people who could only show up on the weekend. We didn't empower anyone to post an information about it anywhere (like here at Sideshow Freaks), because then it's starting to smell like a well-organized pre-order situation, that thingie I want to avoid. I don't blame anyone; no one said "DON'T post this info anywhere!". No one's at fault. Well, I blame 9/11 a little. Just because.

So, we've just told JJ to cap the situation, and stop doing any more favors, which is all he's doing (he's not making any money off of this!). That still leaves us well over 200 lithos to sell the opening day. First come, first serve, one-to-a-customer.

I just want everyone to get a fair shot, but my experience doing conventions for the past 20 years lets me be aware that my personal STAR WARS Celebration experience could be marred by disgruntledness. Please don't be disgruntly.

And thanks to JJ for being gracious enough to help out a few friends, which is how all this started.

Thanks,

AH!

If I could afford two prints, then that would be the other one! I was eyeing it up earlier. I love the way... Adam does it as well... you lose the edges to things. If you know what I mean. The Stormtrooper's white bleeds straight into the white of the background. I saw Adam do this on a few of his... I think his Emma Frost is a good example. Her white clothes just bleed in. Love it! :chew

But as mentioned, my attempts look cack! :lol

PsychoCenobite said:
Does anyone else think the bottom part (attached the words 'Leia') of the print looks a bit like the shape of the Millennium Falcon? Or have I just been drinking too much? :monkey5

Whoa! I'm accidentally BRILLIANT!

And to think... I was just at the printers 3 hours ago, looking at the Nouveau Leia proof and going "Hey, Jabba's palace looks like a boy's naughty bits, and Sarlacc is a creepy metaphor for a girl's junk...! Who knew!"

-AH!

Andy Bergholtz said:
I love the big "CANCELLED" stamp over Oola's name on the list of performers. That's the kind of cleverness that makes Adam's work stand out from the crowd.
Actually if the denizens of Jabba's palace were creating a marketing poster announcing a performance by Princess Leia then Oola would have already been dead, thus negating any reason to put her name on the poster even before a cancellation sticker. :lecture Thanks for raping my childhood Adam. ;)

Adam . . .it all goes to show we luv ya man! No need to explain in here. Same goes for Allison. We all got gaga over AH! art, and forgot that Allison's is also on sale.

Personally, I have to admit that Allison's is another one I would go for. That's out of ALL the prints out there! If I didn't think this would go well with the GG Slave Leia statue, I would have ordered Allison's instead.

For the record, I'm going to defer my purchase to my friend who's going to the Con instead. That way, there's a chance AH! himself can personalize it.

Khev said:
Thanks for raping my childhood Adam. ;)

I couldn't help myself. Your childhood was wearing a tight sweater.

Yeah, I guess that's a good point, about Oola. Here's some rationalizations, offered via multiple choice, at no charge...

1. No one informed Jabba's royal graphic designer, Qwimby Fweee, that Oola had been promoted to Rancor kibble.

2. Technically, the poster should be in Aurebesh. So, it was actually innacurate long before it crossed paths with your cool, appraising stare.

3. It was my chick's idea.

-AH!

Adam, you said it exactly the way I was trying to say it (just in a lot more words):D

JJ is going out of his way to do a great thing for those of us who can't attend. It seems I got my payment in and I'm set. When there is a limited run of something, someone will always feel left out in the cold. I can't wait to take this to the Baltimore Con for you to 'personalize' it. You seem like a great guy and more importantly a fan at heart. :duff

Missed out on this one. It was the only one I really wanted too. But was gone early Friday if I understand correctly.

If any Freak got it, please think of your gentle admin before turning to evilbay. I'll make it worth your while.

Yeah that one was hard, he sold all but mabe 30 or so onThur and the rest were gone real early Fri.

After the McQuarrie prints (and book, which is beyond awesome) this was the first thing I purchased at the Con on Thursday. Just an amazing print.

Adam, you :rock

Darklord Dave said:
Missed out on this one. It was the only one I really wanted too. But was gone early Friday if I understand correctly.

If any Freak got it, please think of your gentle admin before turning to evilbay. I'll make it worth your while.

Yeah I'm now in second place behind Dave, this is truly amazing and I really would love to have one but with only 250 evilbay will get out of control... THis is where I cry...:monkey2

So please if anyone needs to pay their mortgage please let me know I would love to get this poster.

Awesome work Adam! AH!!!!!!

Fubeca said:
BTW does anyone know where to get Adam's Yoda "Sugar" poster... I love it!!!

I don't know but if you find out, please let me know.

Dave, if for some reason hell freezes over and I decide to get rid of the print, you're first in line. Fubeca, second.

Back