Going to C4? Adam Hughes print....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man I love this print!!!!
DarthSaffron said:
Hi all!

Adam will be at Celebrations 4, the gigantic Star Wars Convention in Los Angeles later this month. He'll be in the art show with the following print availble ONLY for the 5 day convention...

nouveauleiawebiu8.jpg

print size 17 by 39 inches, price $75, edition 250 pieces

Radagaster said:
Ok, this person who's attending CIV for me is not sure if they can make it. So, to guarantee I get one, can I sign up with JJ, and then if my friend makes it to CIV, get the copy from JJ's reserved list? I realize this sounds convoluted, but since I can't predict what my friend does, and my need to lock in a copy, I hope this route is open. All that means is that JJ will have one less print to worry about.

the only problem I forsee is that you need to send J.J. your payment for him to pick it up. If your friend does instead? Well J.J. has your money...
I'd go with the sure bet, if its improtant to you to not miss out.

So who do I need to send money to or can some nice soul pick this up for me?

Adam, I'm gonna have a lot for you to sign by the time the Baltimore Con rolls arround :monkey3

DarthSaffron or Adam - these aren't pre-order items right? We can show up at the C IV and still get them can't we?

Damn it! :monkey2

I was really tempted with this last night but decided to leave it. Thinking that when I woke up this morning that there would be no way for me to get one. Now it's been extended!!!! :monkey2 :chew

Does anyone have links to the other prints that are listed?

So do I just send payment and that's it? I take it that the held 100 haven't all gone then?

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

Is my maths correct for Adam's print:

Print: $75
+ $6.1875 (local sales tax)
+ $5 (shipping)

= $86.1875

+ $2.4994375 + $0.30 (PayPal fees)

Total: $88.686937 or $89 (rounded up)

Thanks,

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

Darklord Dave said:
DarthSaffron or Adam - these aren't pre-order items right? We can show up at the C IV and still get them can't we?

No there not, there only doing this for people who can't go to C4(it's less than 100 that they put aside for this). The rest will be on sale at C4.

Viking28 said:
No there not, there only doing this for people who can't go to C4(it's less than 100 that they put aside for this). The rest will be on sale at C4.
It better be way less then 100. 50 is 20% and that should be the max. Im sorry I know everyone can't go but if they only had 150 left at the start of the show that would be compete BS.

mfoga said:
It better be way less then 100. 50 is 20% and that should be the max. Im sorry I know everyone can't go but if they only had 150 left at the start of the show that would be compete BS.

I think it is a very nice gesture, and I appreciate them even letting non-attendees get one.

I personally think Exclusives, especially Convention exclusives, are a horrible idea and wish they all would just go away!!! But being practical, I know they won't, so I am thankful I even get a chance to get one. I do not have a problem with a 50/50 split between attendees and non-attendees from any company, and think that would be a very fair way to do Con exclusives... if they just have to do them!

lcummins said:
I think it is a very nice gesture, and I appreciate them even letting non-attendees get one.

I personally think Exclusives, especially Convention exclusives, are a horrible idea and wish they all would just go away!!! But being practical, I know they won't, so I am thankful I even get a chance to get one. I do not have a problem with a 50/50 split between attendees and non-attendees from any company, and think that would be a very fair way to do Con exclusives... if they just have to do them!
I agree that exclusives aren't great but they a fact of life. My problem is you have 250 peices for 10s of thousands of people now cut that in half thats even worse. If you give half of them to non attendees whats the point. I think that a portion should be held for die hards who cant go but a large % should go to those who attend.

mfoga said:
I agree that exclusives aren't great but they a fact of life. My problem is you have 250 peices for 10s of thousands of people now cut that in half thats even worse. If you give half of them to non attendees whats the point. I think that a portion should be held for die hards who cant go but a large % should go to those who attend.

I think that's my point... what is fair? A "die hard" fan who collects everything or a casual fan who collects only select pieces... both are just as deserving to buy the exclusive. Most fans just can't afford to go; is it fair they don't get the chance to at least try to purchase an exclusive. If you look at it from the angle of percentages, there will be many more fans not attending than who do, so if you are trying to be fair, you would actually reserve a larger percentage for the non-attendees than you would for those going... as in Sideshow's split for items like SDCC Vader, Yavin Luke, etc. A larger percentage goes to non-attendees than the other way around. I know, it ain't pretty, but all I'm concerned with is trying to be fair with everyone, whether they can go or not... if we have to live with these exclusives.

I think what mfoga is saying is that there IS a difference between someone who pays good $$ and travels to a show and is unable to get an exclusive item because it was pre-sold to non-attendees and the majority who are not able to attend the show at all. Right or wrong, like it or not... these are called "Exclusives" for a reason, and those who pay $110 and untold more in travel expenses to be at a show should by right get first dibs.

This is why LFL asked Adam not to accept pre-orders for his print. They don't want him selling out before the show. However, as mfoga pointed out it's a bit ironic that they are allowing the Yahoo group pre-sells to stand, which means a large portion of the prints WILL be gone before the show.... to people who won't even be attending. mfoga's point is that is more unfair to those who are attending than pre-selling out to attendees would have been.

I'm on the fence here. I see both sides. But as someone who will actually be attending the con (who is not allowed to secure a print beforehand) I must admit that the whole Yahoo group presell thing does kinda rub me the wrong way too. Why should someone who is no even going to the convention be able to secure one of these prints, yet we can't? I think LFL goofed by allowing that, no matter what the percentages are.

(All that said, this is not an indictment of Adam, Allison, or J.J.... who are all obviously just trying to do right by the fans. But it seems no less unfair to those attending, because now we HAVE to go straight to the Art Show and Adam's booth as soon as the Con opens in order to get a print and even then there is no guarantee)

Why can't you just secure one through the same means as the non-attendees?

pickard said:
Why can't you just secure one through the same means as the non-attendees?

Because we apparently would have to pay J.J. extra to cover Paypal costs/fees, plus shipping... which would be kinda silly if you are going to be at the show yourself.

IrishJedi said:
This is why LFL asked Adam not to accept pre-orders for his print. They don't want him selling out before the show. However, as mfoga pointed out it's a bit ironic that they are allowing the Yahoo group pre-sells to stand, which means a large portion of the prints WILL be gone before the show.... to people who won't even be attending. mfoga's point is that is more unfair to those who are attending than pre-selling out to attendees would have been.

I'm on the fence here. I see both sides. But as someone who will actually be attending the con (who is not allowed to secure a print beforehand) I must admit that the whole Yahoo group presell thing does kinda rub me the wrong way too. Why should someone who is no even going to the convention be able to secure one of these prints, yet we can't? I think LFL goofed by allowing that, no matter what the percentages are.

The Yahoo group the way I understand is like a fan club for Adam, but unlike GG, MR ect ect your not paying dues. So thats why they were able to get some for his fans that were not able to go.
Also they are not getting a large portion of the run, if you guys remeber last year LFL let SWShop have a % of the prints to sell. .
I think what these guys are doing is pretty awesome, these guys are fans of the artists and collect what the artists produce. Like were fans of Sideshow and collect what they produce. Sideshow gives fans of theirs who cant go a chance at their exclusives, I don't see why its wrong for anybody else not to do it.

Viking28 said:
The Yahoo group the way I understand is like a fan club for Adam, but unlike GG, MR ect ect your not paying dues. So thats why they were able to get some for his fans that were not able to go.
Also they are not getting a large portion of the run, if you guys remeber last year LFL let SWShop have a % of the prints to sell. .
I think what these guys are doing is pretty awesome, these guys are fans of the artists and collect what the artists produce. Like were fans of Sideshow and collect what they produce. Sideshow gives fans of theirs who cant go a chance at their exclusives, I don't see why its wrong for anybody else not to do it.

Let me ask you this, then... Are you saying that it somehow makes someone "less" of a fan of Adam, etc if they are not active members of these Yahoo groups? Because that's what it's sounding like you're implying, which would just be silly.

Yes, entities like Gentle Giant and Sideshow offer pre-orders for their fans/customers... but it's not limited to a finite segment. What if Sideshow only offered pre-orders to collectors who are active members of the Rebelscum discussion threads, but not SSF or even directly through their own site? That's right... this is not the same thing.

Again, this is not a snipe at Adam and company. They were open to having attendees reserve prints as well and wanted to do the best for EVERYONE. Lucasfilm simply asked them not to accept reservations for Adam's print (but allowed the Yahoo pre-orders to continue). mfoga, myself and others are just perplexed that while they would not allow attendees to pre-secure prints they are allowing non-attendees to do so through the Yahoo group. That's not necessarily right or wrong, mind you, but it is slightly disconcerting to those who ARE attending the con (and in many cases are spending lots of $$ to do so).

The first AH! fan who comes to C4 and goes to the Art Show only to find out that all of the prints are gone is really getting punched in the shorts, imho. Because who is honestly to say that this person is any less of a fan than those in the Yahoo group who got a print but were not even at the show? And there's the rub.

Last edited:
I see what you are saying but............you included GG in there and no GG doesn't over their exclusives anymore to everybody you have to be a part of their fan club. I guess the guy not will to fork out dough for the GG fan club just isn't a hardcore fan like the guy who does.

I do see what you are saying about not reserving any for the C4 goers, but they tried so that falls on LFL not them.

The first AH! fan who comes to C4 and goes to the Art Show only to find out that all of the prints are gone is really getting punched in the shorts, imho. Because who is honestly to say that this person is any less of a fan than those in the Yahoo group who got a print but were not even at the show? And there's the rub.

Well if he is the first AH! fan who goes to C4 he should have himself one as well as 200 or so others.

Back