Going to C4? Adam Hughes print....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will Adam be at Comic-Con in San Diego? If so, is there a way to pick this one up from him at Comic-Con instead? It looks like the route that J.J. chose leads to additional manhandling. This would go well with the GG Slave Leia statue IMHO.

Adam, you hit a home run with this poster. Way to add classiness to a statue, if I may say so.

So, according to his math it will be $89 + shipping + insurance for the print.

Hmmmmm.... this is killing me.

Atom Hues said:
As for the subject of pricing, MAN. I never knew all the stuff you have to factor in. I mean, this wasn't like a job I do for DC or Lucasfilm. I did this myself. I didn't get paid a work-for-hire rate to do it. No money for at least a week's work.
I'm just wondering, Adam, is this how it is for all the artist who do prints for C4? Isn't there any Lucasfilm sponsorship?

I think your price is very fair...I just can't afford it right now. :monkey2

Radagaster said:
Will Adam be at Comic-Con in San Diego? If so, is there a way to pick this one up from him at Comic-Con instead? It looks like the route that J.J. chose leads to additional manhandling. This would go well with the GG Slave Leia statue IMHO.

Adam, you hit a home run with this poster. Way to add classiness to a statue, if I may say so.

Thank you!

We're not allowed to sell the print anywhere but the 5 days of Celebrations 4, unfortunately. That's why JJ is being a stand-up guy and buying them on-site for folks that can't be there.

-AH!

As someone who is not a member of the Yahoo! group (but WILL be attending C4) I just hope there are some prints left after they're reserved through that one. :monkey3

Atom Hues said:
Thank you!

We're not allowed to sell the print anywhere but the 5 days of Celebrations 4, unfortunately. That's why JJ is being a stand-up guy and buying them on-site for folks that can't be there.

-AH!

Adam, how about if I paid Allison to buy it for me and she or you can bring my print to ComicCon?? :lol :lol :lol

Personally, I trust your handling skills over the Post Office ANY DAY. :rotfl

IrishJedi said:
As someone who is not a member of the Yahoo! group (but WILL be attending C4) I just hope there are some prints left after they're reserved through that one. :monkey3

J.J. has been limited in the number he is allowed to pick up, specifically so he doesn't end up buying the whole edition! Its also why we aren't taking "pre-orders". J.J. is the only source we are allowing for pre-show requests.

Radagaster said:
Adam, how about if I paid Allison to buy it for me and she or you can bring my print to ComicCon?? :lol :lol :lol

Personally, I trust your handling skills over the Post Office ANY DAY. :rotfl

your best bet is going to be J.J. With the nightmare that is this year's convention season has grown into, I simply cannot add something even as small as that to the list of things I have to do. Also, if I do it for you, I have to do it for all the other folks that will want it as well... Sorry!

DarthSaffron said:
a couple of guys from Adam's Yahoo group have offered to pick up prints for people that won't be in attendance at C4 and ship them out afterwards. Adam's group is here:

https://groups.yahoo.com/group/hughes-fans/

and the actual post from the guy helping everyone out is here:

https://groups.yahoo.com/group/hughes-fans/message/29596

the cut off to place a request with J.J. ws supposed to be tonight, but we might extend it, depending on how many pieces he and his orders account for.

Shooot, the page dosen't seem to be working :(. Due to all the traffic? Maybe it would have been better sharing the link via PM? All the lurkers taking advantage.

Cloud said:
Shooot, the page dosen't seem to be working :(. Due to all the traffic? Maybe it would have been better sharing the link via PM? All the lurkers taking advantage.

yahoo has been a bit funky today.... but the second link will probably only work if you are a member of the group.

Ok, so if I have someone pick it up for me, is it basically a first-come first-serve until the edition runs out, or is there a way to soft guarantee ahead of time. I realize you mentioned there's no "pre-orders" -- but wondering how to get it since J.J. seems to have some ability to "guarantee" for people not attending. Thanks for doing this for all of us!

DarthSaffron said:
J.J. has been limited in the number he is allowed to pick up, specifically so he doesn't end up buying the whole edition! Its also why we aren't taking "pre-orders". J.J. is the only source we are allowing for pre-show requests.

Good. Phew! Thanks, Allison.

I'll be hitting the Art Show FIRST THING on Thursday AM (or, after the doors open at Noon... unless they'll let me in earlier with my Associate/VIP badge).

Just remember that I know where you guys live. :lol j/k

Radagaster said:
Ok, so if I have someone pick it up for me, is it basically a first-come first-serve until the edition runs out, or is there a way to soft guarantee ahead of time. I realize you mentioned there's no "pre-orders" -- but wondering how to get it since J.J. seems to have some ability to "guarantee" for people not attending. Thanks for doing this for all of us!

J.J. IS the only "pre-orders" we are doing. We talked with Lucasfilm about it; and capped the number we felt it was ok for him to get. To take pre-orders on top of that; well we all agreed there'd be a real risk of selling out the print before the art show even opened. And we decided that just wasn't going to be cool.

So; we went with J.J. getting prints for the non-attendees over doing a regular pre-order. He's restriced to getting considerably LESS than half the edition... so there will be well over 100 prints still available when the show opens. I think if you head on over to Adam's table at the start of the show, you'll be fine. It IS first come, first serve, but there should still be quite alot at the opening of the event.

IrishJedi said:
Good. Phew! Thanks, Allison.

I'll be hitting the Art Show FIRST THING on Thursday AM (or, after the doors open at Noon... unless they'll let me in earlier with my Associate/VIP badge).

Just remember that I know where you guys live. :lol j/k

just one warning; we never ever ever sell anything or take sketch list requests before the actual opening time. If the show starts at noon, we won't sell until noon. Otherwise we'd sell out to dealers and exhibitors, which oddly enough fans get pretty cranky about.

So I ask that no line form, no one lurk or linger in the vicinity of the table, before actual opening time. I can be a real &$%* regarding this. We want to protect our fans, and make getting art as easy as possible for them.

Ok, this person who's attending CIV for me is not sure if they can make it. So, to guarantee I get one, can I sign up with JJ, and then if my friend makes it to CIV, get the copy from JJ's reserved list? I realize this sounds convoluted, but since I can't predict what my friend does, and my need to lock in a copy, I hope this route is open. All that means is that JJ will have one less print to worry about.

Radagaster said:
Ok, this person who's attending CIV for me is not sure if they can make it. So, to guarantee I get one, can I sign up with JJ, and then if my friend makes it to CIV, get the copy from JJ's reserved list? I realize this sounds convoluted, but since I can't predict what my friend does, and my need to lock in a copy, I hope this route is open. All that means is that JJ will have one less print to worry about.

That sounds to me like something you would need to talk to JJ about directly. Has anyone from this board gotten on his list yet? For all we know he could have reached his quota already.

He still taking orders for it! He is also picking up Randy Martinez's C4 prints so if anybody wants one....

Back