gohastings.com

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tatooine Luke arrived today. Box had some shelfwear but it's ending up in the attic anyway.

Figure looks nice but appears to have one leg longer than the other. He's going to end up standing with a lean to the left because of it. Weird.

That's fairly common with the Buck. If this is your first time you are lucky. I have several Bucks that have one leg longer than the other. But I pose them with one leg slightly forward and slightly bent and its fine.

Here I was thinking mine was the faulty one that got past quality control. My Luke has two right shoes, had to break out the super glue because the droid caller broke, the unlit lightsaber came apart in the middle, and the clip on the back of the binoculars snapped off other than that I do like the figure..... maybe there's a glue shortage in China lol ! :emperor

The clip in the back of my binoculars also snapped off. I checked and it had been held by a tiny sliver of glue. Not a biggie to fix but annoying.

That's fairly common with the Buck. If this is your first time you are lucky. I have several Bucks that have one leg longer than the other. But I pose them with one leg slightly forward and slightly bent and its fine.

Yes, I guess I have been fortunate. I think this is only the second Buck fig I've received with the leg length problem. The pose I put him in actually looks great, so he'll be staying that way indefinitely.

I didn't like Luke's tunic so I covered it with his cloak. Not the way I wanted to display him but the tunic just looked pretty bad.

Boots and leggings were amazing but ankles were floppy on mine.

Facial paint apps were really nice but the hair will get a repaint.

Overall, I'm really happy with this figure, especially with getting it for under $40 shipped. ;)

It looks like most here have had good experiences with Go Hastings. Let me tell you about my experience...

I ordered ANH Leia for ~$24 shipped several months ago. The process did have a little hiccup: the first time I tried to order, the browser crashed so I had to try again. I got a confirmation email right away for the second try so I thought everything went smoothly. The website says to wait 3-10 business days, so I didn't really think about it for a while. When I got my CC statement I saw that I was charged twice for the order. No biggie. I figured my first attempt must have gone through after all even though it did not generate an order number. I called Hastings right away and they were more than happy to fix the error and refund me the extra charge. While I had someone on the line, I thought I would mention that it had almost been 10 business days but still no package. They told me not to worry and give it an extra work week. So I waited 3 full weeks and no shipment, so I called again. I asked if there was some way to track the package from their end (since there was no tracking info in my order page), but they said no. I even asked if perhaps I should give it another week or so. They told me that it probably got lost in the mail, but all they could offer was a refund--they couldn't send out a new shipment. I said I still wanted the item and they told me that I would have to place the order again. Unfortunately the sale was over and they would not honor the sale price. They could only offer me free shipping. There was some uncomfortable back and forth but I finally gave up and said I would just take the refund. It was annoying and frustrating, but I just accepted it and moved on.

The following week, I actually did get the figure. It had taken full month after it had shipped from Hastings. Apparently they used media mail for it which also explains the lack of a tracking number. The box was beat to hell and the Leia was just rattling around inside with a few token air bags that offered no support. The figure itself was otherwise fine. I thought about it for a second and decided the right thing to do was to contact them and tell them to charge my card. Big. Stupid. Mistake. I told the Hastings guy the whole story and he told me that they could not just charge my card again. They told me that I had to send back the figure. I told them I still wanted the figure but they said I would have to re-order the figure and that they would not honor the sale price. So I would have to mail back the figure that I had gotten for $24, and re-order it for full price. He said something like, "I can't tell you that you should just keep the figure..." I asked to speak to a manager or someone else to try and come up with SOMETHING. I told him it was impossible that the only option I had was to return this. There had to be some kind of solution that would not involve the return and re-order of the figure. He said my only option was to mail it back because he could not authorize me simply keeping the figure. I told him I would have to think about all of this and got off the phone. The whole situation was beyond ridiculous. You know that saying "no good deed goes unpunished"? Well, I was living it that day. Stupid me trying to be honest.

The next day the Hastings guy left a message on my machine and finally offered me a perfectly reasonable solution: Mail them a check for the amount. I called back and got the details, and I watched my checking account carefully for the next couple of weeks to make sure they would cash the check and they did.

WHEW! Sorry for the long story! Moral? Twofold: One, give Hastings extra time to ship, because they use super cheap media mail. And two, never follow you conscience and do the honest thing!

Sounds to me like they were telling you to just keep the figure as their mistake, without saying that.

But you did the right thing.

Thanks. I kinda got that sense as well, that's why I mentioned it.

Bottom line, I would order from them again if I saw a deal I couldn't pass up. Next time I'll know better as to what to expect!

Got Han today. Same as most: packed loose w/couple air bags, SS box has significant wear, but figure is correct and untouched. Very happy with service. Incidentaly, they shipped Parcel Post. Got it in 6 days. Happy I waited-$36 shipped is tough to beat.

Is it? I'd never heard that before. The shipping was pretty cheap--only $4 for what turned out to be a fairly big box that you could have easily placed maybe six Sideshow figures in.
Here's what the USPS website says re: Media Mail:

"For sending small and large packages consisting of books, film, manuscripts, sound recordings, video tapes, and computer readable media (such as CDs, DVDs, and diskettes)."

I don't guess anyone would know what you were actually sending, but it's probably a violation of federal law to screw with their shipping policies.

i bought the Indiana Jones - Raiders of the Lost Ark on january 2 and i recive the statue today january 16 the shipment is very slow they use the USPS and the Packaging is bad but the statue arrive in good condition.

I've ordered a DX Joker from them once. The box was very dented, scuffed, and damaged because they did not provide adequate (meaning NONE) packing materials in the package (the package was huge, a lot bigger than the DX box). The figure was fine since Hot Toys packed it really well. But they're (gohastings) offering me a full refund.

I probably won't risk buying anything like that from them again. Maybe something small and cheap.

if you go to the website and use the Coupon code: HASTINGS you will save an additional 10 to 30 percent.

Media Mail is for printed or recorded material.
It's not for figures, etc.

I don't know. Whether or not action figures are a source of media depends on who's asking. Media to me means communication or a means to do so and looking at things like conventions as well as this forum, action figures provide those means as well. The USPS's definition is pretty general, again, just no advertising:
Media Mail® service is a cost efficient way to mail books, sound recordings, recorded video tapes, printed music, and recorded computer-readable media (such as CDs, DVDs, and diskettes). Media Mail can not contain advertising except for incidental announcements of books. The maximum weight for Media Mail is 70 lbs.

Regardless of your interpretation of what "media" entails, though, I'm not sure how statues or toys could fit into this description:

"mail books, sound recordings, recorded video tapes, printed music, and recorded computer-readable media (such as CDs, DVDs, and diskettes)"

Seems pretty unambiguous as to what is allowed there to me. I mean, televisions are a means of communicating media, as are computers, but they aren't listed as acceptable items to be transmitted via Media Mail and I suspect that a postal employee wouldn't think that they were (though I don't know for sure).

Whatever the case, my guess is that the people who ship these things print out the labels online finding the cheapest possible option, and that usually ends up being media mail, and that's that. I doubt they sit there thinking about what Media Mail is supposed to be used for, or losing much sleep over whether they are violating the spirit or letter of the policy or not :D

Regardless of your interpretation of what "media" entails, though, I'm not sure how statues or toys could fit into this description:

"mail books, sound recordings, recorded video tapes, printed music, and recorded computer-readable media (such as CDs, DVDs, and diskettes)"

Seems pretty unambiguous as to what is allowed there to me. I mean, televisions are a means of communicating media, as are computers, but they aren't listed as acceptable items to be transmitted via Media Mail and I suspect that a postal employee wouldn't think that they were (though I don't know for sure).

Whatever the case, my guess is that the people who ship these things print out the labels online finding the cheapest possible option, and that usually ends up being media mail, and that's that. I doubt they sit there thinking about what Media Mail is supposed to be used for, or losing much sleep over whether they are violating the spirit or letter of the policy or not :D

Per request from winning bidders, I've actually shipped several action figures media mail. A few have even been opened and inspected and I've never had any problems... not even when I explain what the item is and ask to send it Priority and the USPS employee suggests media mail as a cheaper option. As a matter of fact, Pix shipped me the Jabba throne media mail and that's written right there on the box what it is and I'm pretty sure he took it in to mail it. I highly doubt the company's own employees are ignorant to the rules when they'll suggest shipping something media mail and in the same transaction make me cover up the "Flat Rate" printing on a box that's been slightly modified to handle a TrueType.

I think the description of Media Mail on the USPS website should be updated then (i.e. expanded). It takes a pretty loose interpretation of their description to justify sending toys or statues, IMO. If it is more cost effective for the post office to use shipping methods that take much longer, and if they want to encourage people to go that route, I think they should change the name and description of the "Media Mail" option.

As for employees of USPS, there are employees with variable levels of knowledge of their shipping options, in my experience :D

It looks like most here have had good experiences with Go Hastings. Let me tell you about my experience...

I ordered ANH Leia for ~$24 shipped several months ago. The process did have a little hiccup: the first time I tried to order, the browser crashed so I had to try again. I got a confirmation email right away for the second try so I thought everything went smoothly. The website says to wait 3-10 business days, so I didn't really think about it for a while. When I got my CC statement I saw that I was charged twice for the order. No biggie. I figured my first attempt must have gone through after all even though it did not generate an order number. I called Hastings right away and they were more than happy to fix the error and refund me the extra charge. While I had someone on the line, I thought I would mention that it had almost been 10 business days but still no package. They told me not to worry and give it an extra work week. So I waited 3 full weeks and no shipment, so I called again. I asked if there was some way to track the package from their end (since there was no tracking info in my order page), but they said no. I even asked if perhaps I should give it another week or so. They told me that it probably got lost in the mail, but all they could offer was a refund--they couldn't send out a new shipment. I said I still wanted the item and they told me that I would have to place the order again. Unfortunately the sale was over and they would not honor the sale price. They could only offer me free shipping. There was some uncomfortable back and forth but I finally gave up and said I would just take the refund. It was annoying and frustrating, but I just accepted it and moved on.

The following week, I actually did get the figure. It had taken full month after it had shipped from Hastings. Apparently they used media mail for it which also explains the lack of a tracking number. The box was beat to hell and the Leia was just rattling around inside with a few token air bags that offered no support. The figure itself was otherwise fine. I thought about it for a second and decided the right thing to do was to contact them and tell them to charge my card. Big. Stupid. Mistake. I told the Hastings guy the whole story and he told me that they could not just charge my card again. They told me that I had to send back the figure. I told them I still wanted the figure but they said I would have to re-order the figure and that they would not honor the sale price. So I would have to mail back the figure that I had gotten for $24, and re-order it for full price. He said something like, "I can't tell you that you should just keep the figure..." I asked to speak to a manager or someone else to try and come up with SOMETHING. I told him it was impossible that the only option I had was to return this. There had to be some kind of solution that would not involve the return and re-order of the figure. He said my only option was to mail it back because he could not authorize me simply keeping the figure. I told him I would have to think about all of this and got off the phone. The whole situation was beyond ridiculous. You know that saying "no good deed goes unpunished"? Well, I was living it that day. Stupid me trying to be honest.

The next day the Hastings guy left a message on my machine and finally offered me a perfectly reasonable solution: Mail them a check for the amount. I called back and got the details, and I watched my checking account carefully for the next couple of weeks to make sure they would cash the check and they did.

WHEW! Sorry for the long story! Moral? Twofold: One, give Hastings extra time to ship, because they use super cheap media mail. And two, never follow you conscience and do the honest thing!

i have to admit this happened to me and I did the wrong thing. I called them like a month after I ordered something. It didn't arrive. I called them and got a refund. THE VERY NEXT DAY I received the item.

I never called them back. I can't say I'm proud of it.

Back