gohastings.com

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went by the Richmond, KY store yesterday. All toy/trend items were 70% off, but the selection was miserable. It was mostly little Pop! Vinyls and Bif Bang Pow! figures. Some of the stuff was grossly overpriced, imo. They had a Twilight Zone "Five Characters in Search of an Exit" set that was at least $60 pre-discount. Even with the savings, $20 for five 3" figures isn't a super deal

The only NECA products left were the standard peg warmers. They had an entire rack of Divergent figures and about ten of the Prometheus Engineer. I picked up the latter for about $3 post-discount. Certainly wasn't a must-have, but it's hard for me to resist any Alien-related figure for that price. Also scored the Deanna Troi PVC statue from Diamond for $12. I'm not the biggest Star Trek: TNG fan, but I thought it was a decent sculpt for the price. Passed on the cross-eyed Borg Queen statue, though.

Went by the Richmond, KY store yesterday. All toy/trend items were 70% off, but the selection was miserable. It was mostly little Pop! Vinyls and Bif Bang Pow! figures. Some of the stuff was grossly overpriced, imo. They had a Twilight Zone "Five Characters in Search of an Exit" set that was at least $60 pre-discount. Even with the savings, $20 for five 3" figures isn't a super deal

The only NECA products left were the standard peg warmers. They had an entire rack of Divergent figures and about ten of the Prometheus Engineer. I picked up the latter for about $3 post-discount. Certainly wasn't a must-have, but it's hard for me to resist any Alien-related figure for that price. Also scored the Deanna Troi PVC statue from Diamond for $12. I'm not the biggest Star Trek: TNG fan, but I thought it was a decent sculpt for the price. Passed on the cross-eyed Borg Queen statue, though.

Thats sounds like a 1 star Yelp review you just made. Im saying this with a smile not a knock on you.

Last edited:
well, this is interesting.
I recieved a final email from Gohastings that read the following:
Dear Hastings Loyalty Club Members,

It has been our pleasure to serve you over the years and we thank you for your business. We are pleased to announce that goHastings.com has been acquired by Calendars.com, the largest online retailer of calendars plus games, collectibles, toys and gifts! Our friends at Calendars.com will be your new source for all your pop culture favorites. Here’s an exclusive introductory gift to welcome you into the Calendars.com family.

That gift is:
20% off plus Free Shipping of orders of $15 or more, the code is HASTINGS

They primarily have the action figures that Hastings carried. After briefly looking around, I didn't find anything there I really want.
Also, I found that a lot of Neca figures are not listed under the brand Neca. Best to search there by the license like Alien or Predator to find those types of items.
The main reason I shopped Gohastings was for deals on used CDs, Calanders.com unfortunately does not carry them.

That is very interesting! Calendars.com already carried a fair amount of collectibles, including NECA figures (I got a few of NECA's 1/4 scale figures from them), so it'll be interesting to see all of what they carry going forward.

Back