Godzilla vs King Kong

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup that?s the tail in the background causing the destruction in the opening shot of the trailer

WB does it again :yess:

Oh and that is one dumb looking MG lol

Hopefully he looks better in the movie

It?s a toy.... and a bad looking one.

Also that rap song is barely a rap song lol. I?ve heard worse . Just a guy yelling here we go! Doesn?t mean it?s rap. I mean maybe it?s a rap song but I?ve heard far worse songs played. Atleast it wasn?t any 10s zoomer mumble rapper lol

I was not bothered by the song all that much. I am just not a huge fan of pop music in place of an actual score. Nothing dates a film more or puts it in the obvious place of pandering to a certain demographic.

Thor?s use of The Immigrant Song was totally stupid and cringeworthy.

Many films that do not have a huge built in audience are guilty of this. Pop corn films routinely use pop music to wake up the audiences for key scenes so that will remember that scene from what is otherwise a bland movie.

Transformers , Fast and Furious, DCU and a slew of others that pander to that type of audience member who really just goes to see films for the violence , T@A and action.....those folks love that pop musical ques.

It does not bode well for an actual good film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks worth an HBO Max viewing. I feel like the scaling on both Kong and Godzilla is off, like they scaled Kong up but also scaled Godzilla down. Godzilla crawling up on the deck of what looks like an aircraft carrier threw me off. Nonetheless, I'm excited to see how this turns out.

We have to remember, this isn't just being sold to us old folks who grew up on the franchise, it's trying to be exciting for kids and teens and has to aim at that generation. I think the trailer does a good job at balancing it all.

People also praised the KOTM trailers and then had bad things to say about the movie, so as a marketing exec, I'd be stumped as to what is good marketing for these movies at this point.

Yea pretty much they aren?t gonna put hey Jude or beach boys or whatever people listened to in the 50s and 60s in a modern movie to hype you up for monsters lol

They sort of tried, they used Clair de Lune and Somewhere Over the Rainbow in the KOTM ads and I thought they made very exciting trailers, and that seemed to fail, so if playing to more intelligent audience backfires, next alternative is to the lowest denominator.

Frankly, since they own rights from KOTM, they should just use the classic I***ube Godzilla theme and call it a day, though this trailer focuses more heavily on Kong.

I was too into the action to really notice or care about the music. If anything, I think using the eerie music from the HALO jump in 2014 was a bad idea, that marketing and movie have the most sour taste in the series for fans and last thing you want to do is remind people of that.

See this shows exactly the issue ....

Read the last few posts and it?s obviously a marketing nightmare.

I personally loved the choral music from the halo jump in the first film....the score for that film was perfect to me. I also felt it was a great Godzilla film.

With KOTM, the score was mostly forgettable , with the notable exception of the original theme being placed perfectly.
I also thought the music choices for the trailers was spot on ......that first trailer gave me chills.

I was too into the action to really notice or care about the music. If anything, I think using the eerie music from the HALO jump in 2014 was a bad idea, that marketing and movie have the most sour taste in the series for fans and last thing you want to do is remind people of that.

G14 was the reason I didn't see KotM in the cinema. I was really disappointed by it. It's a shame as I really like KotM and I wish I had seen it on the big screen. Now I'm invested in it I don't think I'll have the option to see GvK in the cinema as none are open.

G14 was the reason I didn't see KotM in the cinema. I was really disappointed by it. It's a shame as I really like KotM and I wish I had seen it on the big screen. Now I'm invested in it I don't think I'll have the option to see GvK in the cinema as none are open.

Oh that?s sad. We have a theater open. And it?s only allowed 30%. Being I am vaccinated now, it will be the film I finally return to the cinema to see.

As a fan of the japanese godzilla movies, I am somewhat excited for this.

But the 2014 movie was mediocre, and the KOTM was just bad to me. I will wait for reviews for this, but lets say I am worried this is the Rise of Skywalker to KOTM's The last Jedi.

See this shows exactly the issue ....

Read the last few posts and it?s obviously a marketing nightmare.

I personally loved the choral music from the halo jump in the first film....the score for that film was perfect to me. I also felt it was a great Godzilla film.

With KOTM, the score was mostly forgettable , with the notable exception of the original theme being placed perfectly.
I also thought the music choices for the trailers was spot on ......that first trailer gave me chills.

That first comic con trailer is absolutely perfect. That song and the dead bodies and that dead centipede monster. It was such a grim trailer. I wish the movie was more a Godzilla focused movie and all that ghidorah stuff came afterward . Cause I loved that trailer .

What did you just call JAWS lol

Lol he?s not the only one. Everyone and there mom noticed. It?s on every YouTube dissect trailer video . So the secret is out. They should have hid that frame better. Also the toys leaked months ago

Back