Godzilla vs King Kong

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
King Kong vs Godzilla looks pretty good! The monster scenes look clear, well lit, and you can actually tell what’s happening.

Holy crap that rap music was embarrassing it totally ruined Godzilla?s reveal and almost the entire trailer :slap

Horrible dialogue

Kong looked meaner in KSI he looks like a sad puppy now meh

Incoherent narrative how can there be only 2 left what happened to all the monsters from GKOTM!

They showed too much typical WB lol

So Godzilla is being provoked to be against the humans that is interesting

Oh well at least no rain or fog and neon lit night shots

Chant music is back

But that rap absolutely horrible

So my hawk eyes just caught something else...

Aside from the enchanted axe, anybody else see some robotic feet on that screen??? Mechagodzilla?

jE58bth.png

Last edited:
Wait, the actor who played Tarzan (Alexander Skarsgard) is the guy saying they need the little girl to communicate with Kong? The casting director for this film has a droll sense of humor. :lol

So why is godzilla suddenly like, half the size he normally is?

I think it's an impostor. Kong will take him out early and then the real bad guys will use the body to make mechagodzilla and they'll unleash a whole slew of mecha monsters and kong and the real godzilla will team up to take them out.

At least the you can see the fights clearly in this movie, so that's good. I see lots of human characters that we're supposed to give a crap about...:dunno

I just don't want that American family drama stuff that is supposed to appear to the lowest common denominator. The Roland Emmerich sludge in blockbusters gets so tiresome, especially in a american godzilla movie.

Why Skull Island so far is the only decent movie out of this series.

So why is godzilla suddenly like, half the size he normally is?

I think it's an impostor. Kong will take him out early and then the real bad guys will use the body to make mechagodzilla and they'll unleash a whole slew of mecha monsters and kong and the real godzilla will team up to take them out.

Godzilla changes size in every movie, even from 1st to 2nd they altered him. I do think your right that a fake Godzilla is likely causing trouble, and the real godzilla is probably tanning on a beach when he starts getting randomly harassed. I think in the trailer that is mostly the real godzilla (though at the very beginning that looked possibly mecha for a moment.)

Yeah fake Godzilla is definitely a thing

The dna from KG head from the last movie was probably used

Godzilla does look a little shiny and golden doesn?t he lol

I don?t know but fake and or mecha are definitely in play here

It looks to be about what I was expecting.

I completely agree with Jye on the music. It took me right out of it. But the premise of a giant monkey fighting a giant dinosaur monster is already ridiculous (in a good way), so I kinda whatever on it I guess.

To be fair movies of these nature are kind of tough, because it's whole existence is to just be eye candy and have giant creatures fight and destroy stuff. That's what we want to see! Problem is you need all the human characters to create a more structured plot and things you can relate to, if you want a complete movie. But then those human characters and their stories are never what we're there for in the first place, so those parts are often boring and drag the movie down (doesn't help when they're often poorly executed too). It's kind of a lose lose situation.

Do we know how long this thing is going to be? I think the most ideal scenario is a movie that is 90 minutes MAX, with beginning introductory action scenes for Kong and Godzilla respectively, followed by an initial encounter in the second act, and then a final encounter in the third act with all sorts of crazy shenanigans. You can have a little bit of human stuff just to string it all together, but this would be a rare occasion where not having much time to flesh out the characters would be a good thing.

Have aliens ever been a thing in original movies?

In some of the scenes in the trailer you can see some aircraft in the background that don't really look like helicopters or any other regular aircraft.

It looks to be about what I was expecting.

I completely agree with Jye on the music. It took me right out of it. But the premise of a giant monkey fighting a giant dinosaur monster is already ridiculous (in a good way), so I kinda whatever on it I guess.

To be fair movies of these nature are kind of tough, because it's whole existence is to just be eye candy and have giant creatures fight and destroy stuff. That's what we want to see! Problem is you need all the human characters to create a more structured plot and things you can relate to, if you want a complete movie. But then those human characters and their stories are never what we're there for in the first place, so those parts are often boring and drag the movie down (doesn't help when they're often poorly executed too). It's kind of a lose lose situation.

Do we know how long this thing is going to be? I think the most ideal scenario is a movie that is 90 minutes MAX, with beginning introductory action scenes for Kong and Godzilla respectively, followed by an initial encounter in the second act, and then a final encounter in the third act with all sorts of crazy shenanigans. You can have a little bit of human stuff just to string it all together, but this would be a rare occasion where not having much time to flesh out the characters would be a good thing.

I do believe that WB has finally learned their lesson and this one might finally offer a ton more good shenanigans like you said and in daylight not covered by rain and fog so I think this one will finally deliver the goods regardless of the humans but please keep that rap music out of it that was just embarrassing lol

Trailer played out exactly as expected.

giphy.gif

Story looks to be somewhat more inspired than KOTM... monster scenes look better... but I predict Skull Island will still be the best of the bunch; it wasn't a masterpiece, but the number of character actors and kooky archetypes made the human moments enjoyable. What they did with KOTM (and seemingly GvK) is hire a bunch of dramatic actors famous for giving subtle and understated performances. It gives the movie poster a sense of class, but they're completely wasted on these flat characters.

Think about it.

John Goodman as the over-eager scientist
Samuel L Jackson as the bitter veteran
John C Reilly as the nutty castaway
Tom Hiddleston as the hip mercenary

vs.

Bryan Cranston as (the best) concerned citizen
Kyle Chandler as concerned citizen
Vera Farmiga as concerned citizen who does something astronomically stupid
Ken Watanabe as concerned scientist
Sally Hawkins as concerned scientist
Charles Dance as generic bad guy

I really hope there's more to this movie than the trailer lets on, and not just in the way of creatures.

Last edited:
I definitely am in agreement about the terrible rap music. That crap does not go well with anything.

There's this big build up in the trailer that culminates with, "yeah... come on...yeah....*mumble mumble mumble*".

It's like the equivalent of someone honking a bicycle horn to hype you up.

Edit: yeah, those things in those screengrabs are exactly what I was talkibg about, thanks.

Aliens have definitely been a thing.

The older godzilla movies have some human characters, but it was usually scientists dealing with personal demons, alien spies, or an excuse for military coups.

The issue isn't having human characters in the movies, its having it stuffed with family relationship nonsense. Instead of making interesting human characters, it focuses on family drama, which the original movies avoided most of the time because its lame.

Marvel movies like Thor thankfully started moving away from that because the simple love relationships are so forced, tired and boring at this point.

Back