Godzilla Minus One - December 1, 2023

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How the **** did they make this movie

View attachment 677581
I think it shows. For the most part, it's VERY small sets, the large shots are CGI and while very passible , look like TV level. The TV level CGI has gotten pretty good and also cheap.

Now , add using mostly unknown actors, and minimal CGI, and limited advertising, and its realistic.

The boated budgets of American films have more to do with overpaying people at the top who do very little of the heavy lifting, and marketing.....

I hope we see more films like this , and less big budget Fast and Furious garbage.

Actors were paid with fish.

I0gR.gif

The Boy and the Heron...#1 movie in the US this weekend. An ANIME release is #1??? In the super crowded Christmas season?!? Japan is absolutely KILLING IT.

Also HIGHLY recommended especially for fans of Hayao Miyazaki.
Did you see it? I have not been able to yet, but definitely want to see the last Ghibli film in the theater.

I was lucky enough to visit the Ghibli museum in 2015....so I am a huge fan....

Japanese culture and films are way way popular with my kids

Last edited:
The Boy and the Heron...#1 movie in the US this weekend. An ANIME release is #1??? In the super crowded Christmas season?!? Japan is absolutely KILLING IT.

Also HIGHLY recommended especially for fans of Hayao Miyazaki.
Just add an “i” to Heron and the movie changes completely lol

Did you see it?
Yes, hence me saying that I highly recommend it. :)
I have not been able to yet, but definitely want to see the last Ghibli film in the theater.
It's definitely an awesome swan song and very fitting final film for Miyazaki's unparalleled career.
I was lucky enough to visit the Ghibli museum in 2015....so I am a huge fan....

Japanese culture and films are way way popular with my kids
Very cool.

Last edited:
Went and so Minus Zero again today.

I enjoyed it more. Still great.

The end still needs something. It’s anticlimactic a bit because all the other Godzilla moments are so great and intense.

Not sure what I would change but it needs just a little somethings.

Still a 9/10 movie though.

I actually liked Silent Night, the best Punisher movie ever made:lol

The lack of dialogue will make it impossible to rewatch. It’s an interesting idea but didn’t help the film it hindered it.
I liked it too but I wanted to *love* it, especially after waiting so long to see him return to shoot em up action.

At least they saved money on dubbing for worldwide release, lol.

Back