GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS - Legendary Pictures' Godzilla 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understood that reference. :lol

Fun movie! I thought the pacing was a bit uneven and a lot of it was outright silly (subs outrunning nuclear blasts, etc.) but it seemed that anytime I there was a lull something so insanely cool would happen that it'd put a huge old grin on my face all over again.

I have to say I enjoyed it and my kids did too. I absolutely loved all four of the main monsters and they really took me back to when I first saw them as a kid.

I don't feel the usual "Khev passion" in this review.

Ha, I suppose not. But it was a fun enough two hours and I'm glad to gave caught it in a premium auditorium before Dark Phoenix and Secret Life of Pets knock it to the smaller screens this Friday.

The new Terminator trailer felt even sillier on the big screen.

I really want to experience this on a big screen... but I'm just not sure I can get to it before it disappears like you say. I may be doomed to seeing it for the first time on the small screen.

What was the best part?

I might have liked Rodan's awakening the best. He's really the only baddie who took out civilians. Then the subsequent air battle/chase with the fighters was great.

It did have a pretty satisfying battle royale at the end too.

The movie as a whole is very "one note" but like John Wick the one note it hits it hits very well.

Well, since the only other baddie is Ghidorah, then that means Ghidorah doesn't kill any civilians? What does he do, step around them?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Well, since the only other baddie is Ghidorah, then that means Ghidorah doesn't kill any civilians? What does he do, step around them?

:lol

It's a WB film after all.

RAjRnQE.gif

I feel like one of the most under appreciated moments of this movie is that they somehow managed to work in Mothra twins. What a film.

Totally. I loved all the callbacks to vintage lore. There's probably a lot that I missed too. I did feel kind of giddy hearing them refer to Ghidorah as Monster Zero and am glad they kept him an alien.

Why is he called Monster Zero?

Are there really the Twins in this? Oh jeezus...

Maaaaa---tuuuuuu--rahhhhhhh!

Jye was lying, wasn't he -- the monsters really do talk in this.

Why is he called Monster Zero?

Are there really the Twins in this? Oh jeezus...

Maaaaa---tuuuuuu--rahhhhhhh!

Jye was lying, wasn't he -- the monsters really do talk in this.

Mosura :lecture :lol

And I don’t remember if they explicitly mention why it’s called Monster zero. But it’s the code name before they find the Ghidorah name later.

I supposed the two options are it’s maybe the first titan they found? Or because it’s located in the Arctic, frozen, subzero temperatures etc... :dunno

Ghidorah the Space Monster is found on ice... on Earth?

This movie gets worse with every post.

:lol
Spoiler Spoiler:

Back