Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read that right now only Godzilla is being considered for preorder. Who knows if the others will see the light of day.
If you're talking about the KOTM MonsterArts figures, they are already on the MonsterArts' site under upcoming releases. Looks pretty safe that they'll all get made to me.

I don't know - those designs are... Exactly what I would've expected. Somehow, I'm disappointed. They look like fun figures, though. Godzilla seems to look a bit different, but I'm not zeroing in on how.

I don't know - those designs are... Exactly what I would've expected. Somehow, I'm disappointed. They look like fun figures, though. Godzilla seems to look a bit different, but I'm not zeroing in on how.

Godzilla’s spines have a ‘54 design now, and his toes and claws are bigger.

I can’t wait to see what neca has to offer. I’m happy they are doing Godzilla figures now and I love there g14 12 inch figure. So I can imagine the new ones will be amazing.

I'm actually really digging the designs. Mothra and Ghidorah especially.

Mothra has the largest design change. I am not sure how I feel about it since it just looks like a giant moth. They also made Ghidorah more bat like with the wings rather than a space dragon which I kind of like but makes me worry about how much shelf space this toy is going to take haha

Mothra will be the most divisive design but I really like it. I saw some concept art where the wings fold up and she actually walks some on her back legs. I really want to see how these all look in scale to each other.

Mothra has the largest design change. I am not sure how I feel about it since it just looks like a giant moth. They also made Ghidorah more bat like with the wings rather than a space dragon which I kind of like but makes me worry about how much shelf space this toy is going to take haha
I was thinking the same thing hahah. Ghidorah's wings look MASSIVE

And I'm glad they did something a little different with Mothra. Her front arm things remind me of the male MUTO and I love the patterns and colors they chose for her wings. I'm curious to see how they have her behave since she's sort of a protector of man, and super excited to see her in action.

I'll take whatever X-Plus can give me as far as the 2019 Godzilla design goes, but a gigantic would be an absolute dream. Blue translucent dorsal fins for the Ric, same pose as the statue displayed at Tokyo Comic Con.

d96.jpg

For some reason NECA is not showing their figures yet for King of the Monsters, despite SHMA showing off theirs this past week. However, they did officially announce the license last night and provided some early details.

47354933_2147510325311341_3279888823978295296_o.jpg

Godzilla (2019) - To be released March 2019

This figure continues the 12" HTT scale used for Godzilla figures and will feature 25 points of articulation.

Mothra (2019) - To be released April 2019

Mothra will feature articulated wings and include a display base with support rod for simulated in-air poses.

Thinking Rodan and Ghidorah will be May, maybe May/June.

So is it safe to bet Ghidorah and Rodan will have swappable arms? One set fully extended and static and the other set retracted and poseable. I know NECA did something like that for Pacific Rim Otachi (though as two seperate releases).

If the shma are painted like their first Gamera figure they will be epic, but if they are painted like that last Gamera figure I will sell them all and just get the Neca figs. I am still smarting from that ultra crap paint job on the mouth.

I think the SHMA look great, but I think I'll wait to see NECA's. I'm excited for them now that they can make the other monsters. I hadn't really looked at Ghidorah's design before this, looks pretty cool but super thick necks look real top heavy.

I'm curious to see how the new NECA Godzilla scales with the old. I'd be interested in swapping out the head from the 2014 for the new one, it's the one area where working off the early CGI model hurt them, it lacks a bit of detail. The spines are a bit too soft, but we know now the 2019 has '54 spikes so those are all new. I don't mind the 2014 feed so I wouldn't swap them out.

I got my XPlus Deluxe King Kong yesterday; I took some pics but they turned out crappy. Liking him more than I thought, only slight issue is his feet don't align with the footprints in the base. They're not deep foot prints so it's not a big deal, but just a little off.

I got my XPlus Deluxe King Kong yesterday; I took some pics but they turned out crappy. Liking him more than I thought, only slight issue is his feet don't align with the footprints in the base. They're not deep foot prints so it's not a big deal, but just a little off.

If the feet aren't aligned enough to meet even a flat surface evenly, the problem may be solvable with a blow dryer.

Unfortunately, due to timing, I had to pass on Kong, maybe if he's still available when things turn around, though at this point, I'll probably hold out, NECA will likely do figures of him for Godzilla vs Kong.

Back