Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still hate how that thing leans. I remember him being very upright unless he was about to fire his atomic breath

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I love this!! Don't know how I missed it. Came out in 2016.

1954 train gripper may now have widespread release and no longer just an exclusive.
"X-Plus’ January announcements reveal that there will now be more options for collectors to get their claws on one."

30cm-Godzilla-1954-Train-Front.jpg

Did anyone happen to get this and do you recommend it.
I do see several on eBay though $175-$500

Went to go buy this guy....All of them raised the price at the same time........:slap
Seems a little bit too much of a coincidence if you ask me. Maybe they read this thread. :dunno

The lean isn't true to the film, but true to the maquette.

These are actual footage of the original maquette appears in the film:
FC6C3677-67D8-4BE2-A266-3E06D7288B06.jpg
B28BFD7C-5AD9-42A9-8A9F-724046B260F6.jpg

But then again, I agree the lean on Kaiyodo's doesn’t look good. BTW, The original maquette doesn’t leant like that. It simply standing up straight, well, kinda:

890362654.jpg

The lean was Kaiyodo’s product engineering false by making those hollow, tiny ankles gotten pressured by having too much weight relying on them. You can fix it by heating them with hair dryer though, re-position them and filling the maquette's both feet and legs with industrial-grade reinforced foam. Done.

I'm not sure on the initial release price, but everyone that I have seen
on Ebay is between $2000-$3000. Nearly $900 is still expensive, to me
at least, but if I had the extra $$, I would get one.

The maquette was originally selling through Evangelion store and 7-11 in Japan, I believe. This made it used to be quite an exclusive item. Got my kit from the previous one though.

It came in 2 options at first:
1. Raw unpainted red soft vinyl garage kit.
2. Painted and assembled
And finally, 3. The original Ivory-colored.

8X,000 yen for painted ver. is a good deal. I recommended getting it if you're an accurate-ist AND will fix that lean anyway. However, it's 1-meter long in length so you might need new display table just for it lol.

Why does one have to be an accurate-ist to go for the Kaiyodo?

Because it's the most accurate to 3D CG we've seen in the film so far, truly appeared in the film and was produced by Hideaki Anno himself?

And after seeing the mentioned news about the new batch is coming in March 2018, with only 87,400 yen price tag (excluding shipping) for painted version from HLJ, then for such hardcore fans who got a chance and a shot... why not?

BTW my Gigantic Ric is still in the box as I got real busy. Probably do touchup next month.

Been admiring these gigantic shin godzilla's for a while now. Really dig the x-plus but i like that kaiyodo too. Don't own any godzilla figures to date, so this would be my first. Kinda want to see some in hand reviews of the kaiyodo before I make the plunge, but I prefer the pose a little more on the x-plus.

Hey guys, I was just curious if anyone would know how rare one of these are, or what the going price would be for one. Thanks!
20180125_174835.jpg

Back