Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting the Mothra set because I missed it, going to watch Godzilla and Mothra and see if I want Battra or not. Probably haha. Glad they're re-releasing these so people can get them. Got Ghidorah the same way; now bring on Rodan!

Wow, two weeks since anyone posted here. Is anyone going to buy those two SHMonsterArts poster figures? I'm really not interested in spending that kind of money on something I don't really want, but I bet those end up being worth a mint down the road.

Hell yea! As a kid growing up I had the import vhs of Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla 2 and I was so disappointed to see that the designs on the cover of the vhs tape weren't the actual designs of the monsters in the film. I still have the tape, this is the cover

dc2e82e54ad48cdf85bc0ca509e90d41.jpeg

Its awesome I finally get to own this mechag after all these years. Outside of the original design it is my favorite, even though it never appeared in a film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So menacing in that picture

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

yea he is, I think a black wash on the Monsterarts figure will bring home the "I'm about to **** your **** up" look, that's what I feel is missing. I'm actually quite happy with this as a whole though.

bctm-mechgodzilla-03.jpg

Of course I grew up with the poster image displayed prominently in my room so I'm very biased lol

I would have liked the bottom half of the design to be a little less blocky but considering he transforms into three smaller vehicles and the bottom half is a tank I can accept the design choice. The only thing that kind of bothers me is it looks like the wings and tail are one piece so if you want to display him minus the wings you're going to have to remove the tail as well.

Now they just need to give us that Rodan.

The figure itself is more disappointing imo. It definitely looks very blocky and I don't know why they did that. And I also agree, a weathered paint job or something would bring out the terror a little more. He looks like a death machine in the poster.

BBTS dropped the price on the poster version of Godzilla. Already paid nippon yasan plus shipping yesterday :slap

do you not get some kind of refund if a price drop occurs? That seems kind of ****** if you don't.

The figure itself is more disappointing imo. It definitely looks very blocky and I don't know why they did that. And I also agree, a weathered paint job or something would bring out the terror a little more. He looks like a death machine in the poster.

yea at first sight it was disappointing, we first saw this a month or so ago, but having time to digest it and compare it to the poster, I'm happy with it. I don't mind the hero paint finish on him as I can do the wash. Considering the only other option for this design was this
PC267888.jpg

I'm good with what the Monsterarts is

Last edited:
Anyone looking for a Gigantic Burning or XP 64 pm me i'm willing to let them go at very reasonable prices...well reasonable for this hobby lol.

Let me know, I need the money.

do you not get some kind of refund if a price drop occurs? That seems kind of ****** if you don't.

BBTS only had the import (as in buying it from the Bandai site + markup) preorder available until recently, Bluefin must have decided to/were able to distribute it. Ordering from NY is just buying from the Bandai site+markup, so there's no price drop for them, so he doesn't get a price drop. NY charges up front for those types of preorders.

That newest 91 is tempting, but I spent a lot of cash at MegaCon this past weekend. I picked up the X-Plus RIC 2001 Ghidorah, Banpresto Shin, Sega Shin, SHMA Super Mechagodzilla, and the SHMA Special Color Destroyah. The RIC 2001 Ghidorah is very cool and the sparkles are really nice.

Hell yea! As a kid growing up I had the import vhs of Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla 2 and I was so disappointed to see that the designs on the cover of the vhs tape weren't the actual designs of the monsters in the film. I still have the tape, this is the cover

dc2e82e54ad48cdf85bc0ca509e90d41.jpeg

Its awesome I finally get to own this mechag after all these years. Outside of the original design it is my favorite, even though it never appeared in a film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know who the artist is who created that cover? It looks like Simon Bisely's work.

I really want to order the 91, but I have so much other stuff on pre-order. I think I'm gonna hold off and wait until it is released
and then try to pick it up from a friend on one of the fb Godzilla Groups.

I'm not going to complain about any Sakai release, but why another 91 only two years after the first when he has so many others to choose from?

Back