Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no idea. Jye started it though. And that was the first thing that came to my mind.

My contribution was trying to get wez to divulge more info on this trailer!

just won this. anyone have experience on assembling and painting soft vinyl?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Kaiyodo-1-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

You scored that for under a grand? Well done,mate!
"Soft"vinyl is a mis-leading term;pretty much all vinyl kits are the same material. It's soft only in comparison to resin.I'm assuming from your comments that you haven't built a lot of kits. You'll have to trim the parts(heat the section needing to be trimmed with a hair dryer,cut CAREFULLY with a fresh X-acto blade).You may want to stuff the lower sections with newspaper or,if you're really ambitious,plaster, though the size of this beast would make plaster expensive and ridiculously heavy.Mainly you just need to follow the directions;the various sections will interlock as you build. I hope you're prepared for the sheer size of this beast;it is quite literally the size of a child(with a LONG tail).Good luck with it...PS

Those X-Plus figures are very nice that's a great collection. I'm afriad to dive in for lack of money and space, but they have a King Seesar that is just beautiful. That Godzilla '99 looks very neat.

Speaking of Godzilla '99, the MonsterArt version is looking incredible. I cannot wait.

1489274_735411596486569_1607536930_n.jpg

Yeah, they didn't do him ANY favors lol....maybe it's to make 2000 look even better. Like when girls hang with ugly friends so they can stand out more? lol

You scored that for under a grand? Well done,mate!
"Soft"vinyl is a mis-leading term;pretty much all vinyl kits are the same material. It's soft only in comparison to resin.I'm assuming from your comments that you haven't built a lot of kits. You'll have to trim the parts(heat the section needing to be trimmed with a hair dryer,cut CAREFULLY with a fresh X-acto blade).You may want to stuff the lower sections with newspaper or,if you're really ambitious,plaster, though the size of this beast would make plaster expensive and ridiculously heavy.Mainly you just need to follow the directions;the various sections will interlock as you build. I hope you're prepared for the sheer size of this beast;it is quite literally the size of a child(with a LONG tail).Good luck with it...PS

im glad there is just 2 of us bidding. i made a last second bid. wow this looks hard to do. hope i can study first since this will be my first kit. i have to be extra careful not to ruin this. having newspaper seems interesting

Sign up over at The Clubhouse Modeling Community . They have a Kaiju dedicated section . Looks like the site is down right now but there are a bunch of great and very experienced people over on that site. Good chance the person who sold you was a member over there

will check the site. but yep it is down right now :( hope it will be up soon

*thank you for the tips bros

I have no idea. Jye started it though. And that was the first thing that came to my mind.

My contribution was trying to get wez to divulge more info on this trailer!

:lecture

Jye is stirring things up again....

:lecture

Looks badass, who the hell posed the '64 though :lol

64 is just like "Look at my junk yo!"

Yeah, they didn't do him ANY favors lol....maybe it's to make 2000 look even better. Like when girls hang with ugly friends so they can stand out more? lol

:rotfl

Gold star for me! :lol

Thank you for clarifying.

:rotfl

Nothing new. :lol

That masked bandit jye was referring to!

That's right Kemosabe. :rotfl

im glad there is just 2 of us bidding. i made a last second bid. wow this looks hard to do. hope i can study first since this will be my first kit. i have to be extra careful not to ruin this. having newspaper seems interesting

will check the site. but yep it is down right now :( hope it will be up soon

*thank you for the tips bros

I wouldn't be too nervous, if this is your first it's actually good practice, it's so big that trim and assembly should be easy. Most kits are in the 8-12" height range and feature small, intricate parts.

Back