Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has no relevance to the current conversation and you guys probably know this already, but I heard that there will be a script reading of Godzilla 2012 at G-Fest XIII.

This has no relevance to the current conversation and you guys probably know this already, but I heard that there will be a script reading of Godzilla 2012 at G-Fest XIII.

I find that to be highly unlikely, but if it's true, cool!
EDIT - Just saw on the G-FAN website that this is true, awesome!

You'll enjoy G-Fest by the way - real relax atmosphere.

I have my fingers crossed that the G2012 film will be a moderate hit, Sideshow will acquire the rights to distribute collectibles based on Godzilla, and then we'll get some badass, Godzilla Sideshow dioramas.

Last edited:
I find that to be highly unlikely, but it's true, cool!

I have my fingers crossed that the G2012 film will be a moderate hit, Sideshow will acquire the rights to distribute collectibles based on Godzilla, and then we'll get some badass, Godzilla Sideshow dioramas.
That would be just awesome.

I wish I had planned to go to G-Fest this year. It's pretty close to where I live. Next year perhaps.

I remember seeing a large, maybe 2 foot high Godzilla statue/figure, probably vinyl, at a mall in Torrance, Ca back around 1985-1986. I think it was priced at or around $100. I can't remember what type of mall store it was in but it wasn't any type of vintage shop and/or toy or comic shop. I remember thinking "Man, I wish I had a lot money because I would buy that!". Does anyone have an idea of what figure this could have been? It's possible it's not as cool as I remember it to be especially with all the high-end collectibles I've grown accustomed to but back in the mid-80's it certainly caught my eye.

BB

My first thought goes to the Super Premium, but that was released in '94.

LS10.JPG

Could it have been the Shogun Warriors Godzilla by Mattel?

mattelGojiShogun.jpg

The $100 price point has me stumped. I can't think of too many figures that would have been that pricey back then.

This was released in 1984. The 18 inch Great Monster Series Godzilla by Bandai.

LS01.JPG

I love those big large scale Bandai vinyls, but they go for so much now...

I'm okay paying $200+ for hot toys, but for vinyl? I'm hesitant.

The $100 price point has me stumped. I can't think of too many figures that would have been that pricey back then.

This was released in 1984. The 18 inch Great Monster Series Godzilla by Bandai.

LS01.JPG

Dude, that's probably it! What did this retail for back then? I'm sure it was at least $100 but I could be wrong. I remember the price was out of my league at the time. Maybe it was cheaper?

Thanks!

BB

Cool, a Godzilla thread on the Freaks board. How have I missed this.

I just recently scored the M-1 BioGoji 1:1 costume replica head from eBay. I had this kit once before and built it, but I sold it when I needed money before ever painting it. This time I painted it right away. I'm just waiting on a display case before I gray up the skin, but the mouth and eyes are painted.

KGrHqMOKnIE2cn4YGtFBNv0vvLdGg_3.jpg

1.jpg

3-1.jpg

I didn't use the pre-printed eyes and lenses. I decided to paint my own on the sculpted eyes to look like they did in '93.

EyeDetail.jpg

Front.jpg

that is sweet !! nice job !!

I find that to be highly unlikely, but if it's true, cool!
EDIT - Just saw on the G-FAN website that this is true, awesome!

That would be awesome. I'm really hoping it'll be a good movie or at least better than the 1998 one. I think just by looking at the concept art that it has surpassed the 1998 film so I have faith in this movie. I'm going to be really pissed if the world ends in 2012 XD.

Last edited:

It's been confirmed that the "Godzilla 2012" script reading is actually just a fan-made film, not the Legendary Pictures big budget production.

Back