Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I want to open this post with a screen shot of a comment I had made in reference to GodzillaSpawn's acquisition and build of the Dunk '84 Godzilla kit.

G84.JPG

My interest in this piece goes even further back, years back, when I had found a Godzilla kit website that showed the old Kaibutsuya resin kit. The sculpt has seen a handful of releases, first as a resin kit limited to 50 pieces and then a few vinyl releases, including Dunk, which all seemed to be limited to around 50 pieces each too.

I typically go for pieces that capture the suit/film look, but there's just a quality to this particular one that has always made me think "wow" when I look at it, it just looks badass, like what an even more terrifying '84 could have looked if they built off that design.

So, after what is probably at least a decade of wanting and wishing, he is finally in my possession, and it is every bit worth the wait. I can't wait to do real photo work with this piece, the textures should do some really cool things with the light, and it just has an attitude about it that should be fun to play with.

IMG_1861.JPG

Soon, I should be getting my X-Plus Sakai '84 and my '84 collection will feel very complete, though it's not to say if a new one came around that looked cool, it wouldn't find a home with me haha. I'd entertain getting the MM28 '84 for the right price but I doubt that'll ever happen.

So I want to open this post with a screen shot of a comment I had made in reference to GodzillaSpawn's acquisition and build of the Dunk '84 Godzilla kit.

View attachment 486624

My interest in this piece goes even further back, years back, when I had found a Godzilla kit website that showed the old Kaibutsuya resin kit. The sculpt has seen a handful of releases, first as a resin kit limited to 50 pieces and then a few vinyl releases, including Dunk, which all seemed to be limited to around 50 pieces each too.

I typically go for pieces that capture the suit/film look, but there's just a quality to this particular one that has always made me think "wow" when I look at it, it just looks badass, like what an even more terrifying '84 could have looked if they built off that design.

So, after what is probably at least a decade of wanting and wishing, he is finally in my possession, and it is every bit worth the wait. I can't wait to do real photo work with this piece, the textures should do some really cool things with the light, and it just has an attitude about it that should be fun to play with.

View attachment 486625

Soon, I should be getting my X-Plus Sakai '84 and my '84 collection will feel very complete, though it's not to say if a new one came around that looked cool, it wouldn't find a home with me haha. I'd entertain getting the MM28 '84 for the right price but I doubt that'll ever happen.
That's amazing. I'm happy for you. I'm actually going to let mine go as it really doesn't fit my display much anymore. It is a great and very rare piece. You've always been an 84 mark and happy to see you getting those grails. The sakai is a stunning figure.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I don’t care for either, but they show off the figures even better than previous looks and it makes me excited for the clean ones.

I think these are the last two neca godzilla figures under this contract so I'm a bit disappointed they are the same figures with a gimmick

Unfortunately, if their license is in doubt, approvals may not be available for new product so make some money on work you’ve already done while you can.

From latest Pixel Dan interview with Randy from Neca

-Godzilla license might be on hiatus because of a new company doing stuff for the new movie (doesn't sound good for Neca continuing license)

-have 2 new Godzilla figures sculpted not shown yet

From this comment I assume that they are new sculptures, not just repaints. But I may be wrong.:dunno

X-Plus. The one in that photo is the PX (Previews) reissue. The original Japanese release doesn't include the Muto head.

ahh very cool. Starting to get back into the Godzilla hype especially with GVK around the corner. I think X-Plus will probably do a Godzilla from GVK? Might save up for that one.

It's curious why they chose 25cm for 2019 Godzilla instead of 30cm, unless they are planning to do a Ghidorah to pair with it and keep the size of that piece down. They don't often do the 25cm line, and other than to do something like the DAM lineup where there was a large group of monster and keeping the overall display down, I don't see much point putting out figures that are only a couple inches shorter.

I think it's part what you said, but even in scale with the 2019, a 25cm ghidorah would be huge still. Bigger than the showa for sure, especially since 2019 is a BIG 25cm figure. I think they keep pumping them out in 25cm so that they get people to buy those and also down the line can release those monsters again in 30cm anyway. Just more sales to capitalize on.

They could have just released the recent Godzilla 1999 and orga as 30cm I would think. But there are collectors who only get the 25cm figures since they are in scale and some kaiju may only be available in this size (ghidorah, mothra, biollante, destroyah).

It's amazing how many products in such a variety of sizes exist for Godzilla. My own collection consists of 2", 3", 4", 6", 8", 10" and 12" pieces.

It can be exhausting. Sucks when you try to stick to one scale but then a better figure with a better pose or sculpt comes out in a different one lol

Thankfully I've never really kept to a scale, especially with Godzilla, it's always been, if I like it, I buy it lol. Wait'll you see my updated '84 collection when the Sakai arrives, all those sizes I listed are represented just in that one design.

NECA-King-Kong-001.jpg

I don't think there's a dedicated Kong thread here, so figured to post here. NECA is making a Kong figure finally! It's about 8" tall though, so really doesn't mix with anything else I have, I guess besdies the taller electronic SH Monsterarts '89 Godzilla. But either way, glad another figure is coming and also that it's going for a '33 look but still says 'original' design.

Info from Toyark: https://news.toyark.com/2020/06/09/king-kong-7-inch-scale-figure-by-neca-390500

Back