Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am AAALLLLL over this figure. It certainly beats the Mezco one to death. I think Neca may label it as original because of the proportions. To be true to the 33, the legs are too long and he didn't have any battle scars.

BUT!
This is exciting because if they have THIS Kong licence, maybe they have the licences for the 76 (Don't judge me :lol), and :pray: Peter Jackson's. Skull Island would be awesome too, but please Peter Jackson.

I will stand in line with you to get a NECA ‘76 Kong.

Regardless of the movie, this is an amazing design.

c3e4f7f199b9b89e42dad5a63ab55bc8.jpg

I am AAALLLLL over this figure. It certainly beats the Mezco one to death. I think Neca may label it as original because of the proportions. To be true to the 33, the legs are too long and he didn't have any battle scars.

BUT!
This is exciting because if they have THIS Kong licence, maybe they have the licences for the 76 (Don't judge me :lol), and :pray: Peter Jackson's. Skull Island would be awesome too, but please Peter Jackson.

:lol :lol

F51620F2-0209-40B5-8323-79C51F9A4CF5.jpeg

BUT!

I will stand in line with you to get a NECA ‘76 Kong.

Regardless of the movie, this is an amazing design.

c3e4f7f199b9b89e42dad5a63ab55bc8.jpg

I'm right there with you guys but I love the movie lol. I liked the alternate story take, Love Kong, LOVE Charles Grodin in that role.

I'm right there with you guys but I love the movie lol. I liked the alternate story take, Love Kong, LOVE Charles Grodin in that role.

I love the movie too, I grew up on it, even enjoyed Kong Lives, nice having a sequel. Had a crush on Jessica Lange back in the day. I only saw ‘33 once as a kid and just couldn’t appreciate it til I was older and it hit dvd with the 2005 Kong hype. The 2005 Kong is too close to a real gorilla, the ‘33, ‘76 and 2015 Kongs look like movie monsters.

I love the movie too, I grew up on it, even enjoyed Kong Lives, nice having a sequel. Had a crush on Jessica Lange back in the day. I only saw ‘33 once as a kid and just couldn’t appreciate it til I was older and it hit dvd with the 2005 Kong hype. The 2005 Kong is too close to a real gorilla, the ‘33, ‘76 and 2015 Kongs look like movie monsters.

Yeah I totally agree on that, I was SO excited for Jackson's King Kong, but the movie just fell absolutely flat to me. Like you said the design is just a big gorilla for the most part and I didn't care for his version of the story much at all.

I watched the '33 and '76 a ton as a kid. I liked King Kong Lives enough as a kid (I mostly remember trying to freeze frame Linda Hamilton's boob though lol), as an adult that was a bit of a slog to get through. I have a vintage movie poster for that one though! One of the few legit ones I have.

I remember the 77 kong was supposed to fight the 89 godzilla if I?m not mistaken. They even had a poster of it on an old vhs tape I had.

Thanks, I received my X-Plus Yuji Sakai '84 yesterday. Beautiful sculpt, Sakai nailed it once again. The eyes are insane, they look like plastic eyes inside a suit, and highly detailed, and the teeth look great.

The let downs for me are the flat black skin and the blue tinting on the spines. The spines have a metallic paint, which seems somewhat accurate to some shots from the movie, but the blue tint mixed with metallic finish combined with the flat black skin makes the overall piece feel like a big Bandai and not a collector piece that costs hundreds. I'll definitely be getting it repainted at some point, the amazing sculpt deserves an equal paint job.

45CAjOL.jpg

They drop the ball on their Sakai series paintjobs more often than their regulars. I thought drybrushed highlights were a staple for X-Plus' Godzillas, but the Sakai stuff doesn't get them for some reason.

Back