Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Supposedly that X-Plus was lifted from the film model, which is extremely chunky at times.

I'm just not a fan of the painted blue fins. They did it with the gigantic version and this looks even more awkward. I wish they'd bring back the translucent blue vinyl fins from the roaring 2014.

Yes, I actually do think the thighs and hips are accurate especially for his post-nuke appearance, which the ric is clearly based in.

I really love the standard's paint apps and price point. He's going to be a big 25cm figure. The ric looks beautiful when lit but I avoid light ups. Though on this guy I've never been more tempted to buy one.

638afbec8c63b1155d8b98307f54e72e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Supposedly that X-Plus was lifted from the film model, which is extremely chunky at times.

I'm just not a fan of the painted blue fins. They did it with the gigantic version and this looks even more awkward. I wish they'd bring back the translucent blue vinyl fins from the roaring 2014.

Interesting, I just can't think of an image where he looks that fat.

After a long hiatus I am back and wanted to see what everybody thought of this guy?
0420d88c3559aa64a00d4fe2ee3b05f6.jpg
006a8b229b982819a892ee048412910b.jpg

Well, I absolutely love the 2019 design. I have both the standard and RIC versions of the Gigantic 2019, and I'm going to double dip
on this one as well. Yeah from the front, he does look like a bit chunky, but like I said above, I love the 2019 design.

I tried looking at pictures and I think the sizing is right. He's definitely thicker than the giant comic con statue of him. It would also be hard to imagine that they'd give him such huge turkey thighs if they weren't looking at something official. In fact usually the japanese toy makers tend to slim the legendary godzillas down compared to their actual thickness.

Agreed its not the most flattering angle, but considering the 25cm line is probably the only line that has a chance at releasing the other monsters from the film I think he's too good to pass up.

I like my Godzilla thicc and chunky, it just adds more badassory all around. I got the Standard preordered, not sure about the Ric tho as the blue fins are too faded compared to the Gigantic Ric and the 30cm Roaring. I wish it's not a light up design, a painted version or blue translucent would so just fine. I mean sure the light up function looks nice and all but the chunky light up kit and the wire gets in the way too much, plus there's always the chance of burn out.

I like my Godzilla thicc and chunky, it just adds more badassory all around. I got the Standard preordered, not sure about the Ric tho as the blue fins are too faded compared to the Gigantic Ric and the 30cm Roaring. I wish it's not a light up design, a painted version or blue translucent would so just fine. I mean sure the light up function looks nice and all but the chunky light up kit and the wire gets in the way too much, plus there's always the chance of burn out.
Exactly how I feel 110%. The ric looks great when you pull it aside and plug it in (if it even stays working) but I also think the lighter paint job really makes the standard pop more. The spines when the ric isnt plugged in dont do it for me.

They are also reissuing the 30cm 75 Godzilla with light up gimmick too. Great chance for anyone who missed it.

Back