Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm only making these comments because it's a $240+ figure, but I think it looks off in the face straight on and something with the legs. I could be wrong of course, I'm just going off memory. The 3/4 view of it does look terrific though.

With multiple suits used in the film, he did look a bit different at times, but the reference here seems to be the main action of the film, and I think he captures it wonderfully.

5eMP8Ua.jpg

JRNT5ov.jpg

5ZDJTyC.jpg

nbVyQQF.jpg

s3r51Bz.jpg

gk8udbv.jpg

1PPkIfT.jpg

IOxOLjg.jpg

WObMI4k.jpg

With multiple suits used in the film, he did look a bit different at times, but the reference here seems to be the main action of the film, and I think he captures it wonderfully.

5eMP8Ua.jpg

JRNT5ov.jpg

5ZDJTyC.jpg

nbVyQQF.jpg

s3r51Bz.jpg

gk8udbv.jpg

1PPkIfT.jpg

IOxOLjg.jpg

WObMI4k.jpg

Yeah, Sakai doesn't make mistakes. His stuff from the 90's may be a little off, but there is no one better today. You can pretty much count on perfection.

Yeah, Sakai doesn't make mistakes. His stuff from the 90's may be a little off, but there is no one better today. You can pretty much count on perfection.

Without question, even if some features are a bit exaggerated, his 8" '84 he did for Kaiyodo remains the treasure of my entire Godzilla collection, the best representation of the film suit in any scale that I've ever seen, even this X-Plus doesn't beat it because of the close mouth, but it'll be a close second.

AWaUBYC.jpg

Looking forward to updating the family photo.

fTj6zmL.jpg

How much is shipping normally to the states? They have all these option at Hobby Search for shipping, but I don't know which one to use. Thanks!

How much is shipping normally to the states? They have all these option at Hobby Search for shipping, but I don't know which one to use. Thanks!

One Large monster series figure is about $45 to $50 by EMS. A 30cm series figure is about $55. I never bother with the slower mail, so I don't know.

One Large monster series figure is about $45 to $50 by EMS. A 30cm series figure is about $55. I never bother with the slower mail, so I don't know.

Typically when items get to be large, it's cheaper for some reason to use EMS.

Finally paid off my X Plus Gigantic 2019 Godzilla regular edition figure over the weekend. Now the wait until it gets here:tap

Well, it is supposed to be released at the end of the month, so hopefully the wait won't be too long.
I'm hoping not; as I have one ordered myself.

Anyone knows how Xplus "welds" or seals its seams?

I had one Sakai Shin, and it's pretty much flawless except for that seam on the forhead which is pretty common from what I can gather, but I got a second Shin for the office and that one doesn't have it, so it makes the one that has it more unsightly to me ever since.

People have recommended me some Epoxy but I don't really want to put putty on top of plastic, is there a way to like "weld" it or something? Maybe a soldering iron? Would that completely ruin it?

77271640_2781612291870540_2117309840593256448_o.jpg

Anyone knows how Xplus "welds" or seals its seams?

I had one Sakai Shin, and it's pretty much flawless except for that seam on the forhead which is pretty common from what I can gather, but I got a second Shin for the office and that one doesn't have it, so it makes the one that has it more unsightly to me ever since.

People have recommended me some Epoxy but I don't really want to put putty on top of plastic, is there a way to like "weld" it or something? Maybe a soldering iron? Would that completely ruin it?

77271640_2781612291870540_2117309840593256448_o.jpg
You absolutely don't want to use a soldering iron on it. The result would be horrible. They just use glue on these things. Don't know if that could be broken down with some glue remover. What you could try is heating it up with a hair dryer until it is really soft. If you can press the gap closed enough to suit you, then you can put a line of super glue in it and hold it closed until the glue dries and the vinyl hardens.

I think it's their first piece so we'll see once it releases. I took a gamble and PO'd it too. I hope the final product looks as good as the promo images.

The Gigantic G19 is suppose to release on the 27th from HobbySearch so tomorrow it is. I hope everything goes smooth.

Back