Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm, might get the large Ghidorah. Going to stay away from the Jakks stuff for the most part. I will be getting all the SHMA and Neca stuff though.

At the moment they say no plans, can’t do it under $100.

Oh well, I guess MonsterArts at $180 is IT then.

Bandai's Movie Monsters should be OK, but I was hoping for Neca since they did the winged Otachi for $75ish.

Could be a PR stunt, who knows, very disappointing at the moment but SHMA is so expensive, I’m going with a repainted JAKKS Ghidorah for now.
I'm actually surprised with how cheap SHMA Ghidorah is considering it has 3 fully articulated necks and a freaking 2 foot wingspan.

Yeah its priced surprisingly well compared to other shma stuff.
Im just gonna hope for a 25 cm xplus libe for now

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Neca once upon a time produced a giant LOTR Balrog and a Alien Space Jockey. They weren't concerned about price then.

More looks at the JAKKS line from figures.com.

DSCN3978.JPG

DSCN3979.JPG

DSCN3980.JPG

DSCN3981.JPG

DSCN3982.JPG

DSCN3983.JPG

DSCN3984.JPG

DSCN3985.JPG

DSCN3986.JPG

DSCN3987.JPG

DSCN3988.JPG

DSCN3989.JPG

DSCN3993.JPG

I dont know why anyone would put those in their collection for display. They look cheap.

I mean, if you got kids - get hype.

I collect Godzilla for the fun of Godzilla, if it looks cool I get it. I'm getting the JAKKS 12" tall Godzilla because it looks like a great sculpt and it's only $20 and with a slight repaint, should look awesome. I'm getting the 6" Ghidorah for 2 reasons, one being that NECA at the moment is saying they're not doing one, and the second being that it comes with a little Boston city dio to break apart and anything to do with these monsters and Boston I'm going to be all over, which leads to me getting the Godzilla vs Ghidorah set because it includes a back drop art of a demolished Fenway Park.

Speaking of NECA, adding salt to the wound.

https://www.tohokingdom.com/interviews/neca_randy_falk_video_07-2018.html

https://vimeo.com/281042419

For the new movie, we're starting with everything that appears in the film for next May.

We're doing all the monsters.

There's gonna be some deluxe figures and some higher price points.

Was there a tweet or something of them saying they're not doing Ghidorah? I honestly can't see how it'd cost over $100. When you think about it, whether he's got 3 heads and 2 tails it doesn't matter, they're all the same molds. Would the wings add that much?

Was there a tweet or something of them saying they're not doing Ghidorah? I honestly can't see how it'd cost over $100. When you think about it, whether he's got 3 heads and 2 tails it doesn't matter, they're all the same molds. Would the wings add that much?

7FE5FF5B-D04A-440F-9C6D-CCD58DA552C7.jpeg

CDA39ED7-BD9F-4D86-AE8A-EA6571E31889.jpeg

413B5B4F-4390-428E-A58C-9F81DCA62F1A.jpeg

And more expensive. As it is, the cost of SHMA Ghidorah is double what I’m paying in total for NECA Godzilla, Mothra and Rodan. Even in 25cm scale, X-Plus Ghidorah would probably be $300-$400, and huge, not everyone has the money or the space. I’ll bet getting the big 4 from KOTM from X-Plus will run close to $1000.

And more expensive. As it is, the cost of SHMA Ghidorah is double what I’m paying in total for NECA Godzilla, Mothra and Rodan. Even in 25cm scale, X-Plus Ghidorah would probably be $300-$400, and huge, not everyone has the money or the space. I’ll bet getting the big 4 from KOTM from X-Plus will run close to $1000.
Yep although Ghidorah will be probably the most pricey in the bunch, I do agree but to be honest, I'd rather not have Ghidorah then spending money on that one coming out from Jakks. I guess with a nice repaint it could look better.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

I’m gonna give it a repaint and see, Ghidorah is like Joker to Batman, I can’t have Mothra and Rodan and no Ghidorah. I even recently got the BC ‘74 Mechagodzilla so i really can’t be absent a Ghidorah.

I’m gonna give it a repaint and see, Ghidorah is like Joker to Batman, I can’t have Mothra and Rodan and no Ghidorah. I even recently got the BC ‘74 Mechagodzilla so i really can’t be absent a Ghidorah.
I agree, he is an awesome character. I do have one XPlus of him and it is stunning. I guess it also depends on the price point of this Ghidorah. If it's reasonable, then might be worth it and go for a repaint to make it shine.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

The JAKKS 6” scale Ghidorah is going to be $15, not bad in today’s market, $10 less than a standard NECA and about half as nice.

Back