Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe X-Plus just saw the value in his name from the SHMA line and decided they want in on the action. He probably has a deal with Bandai, cuz they seem to like control, where he produces new work for them, but is free to sell existing work to X-Plus. I'd love to see X-Plus sell his Shin Gojira, based on early pics of theirs, his would blow it away, even if only 10" or so.

His shin, his huge '64 and his '03 are my must haves. I want a good '65 from him too.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

IMG_9516.JPG

I believe most, if not all, Sakai sculpts they've released to date have been pre-existing Sakai work that they just used to make vinyls from, I don't believe he's sculpted new work for any of them.

Yes, these are previously released resin models. Before XM started releasing them in vinyl, they were extremely limited and very expensive. You pretty much had to be an existing customer to get one.

Saw Shin Godzilla last night and really enjoyed it. I was trying to see it again without a 6 year old sitting next to me. I wish it had one more big action scene but I came away happy with this very gritty, but different take on the franchise.

Gojira definitely had another evolution or metamorphosis or two in him still.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I like the NECA sculpt but I gotta say - the head is too big. I don't know if that's something they can 'shrink' at this point or not. Hopefully?

For me sh monsterarts will be my favorite but man I just think the neca one looks beastly and for like $20 I mean can't go wrong. I can see the head is big but it's still cool looking to me

Just saw this neca shin gojira figure on toyark and it looks awesome (picture from toyark website)
View attachment 298079

Yep looks awesome. Not sure if we will be getting the S.H Monster Arts version in the states or not but definitely getting this figure from Neca. Some of the stuff coming out for the movie are only available overseas.

Yep looks awesome. Not sure if we will be getting the S.H Monster Arts version in the states or not but definitely getting this figure from Neca. Some of the stuff coming out for the movie are only available overseas.

The monsterarts isn't coming stateside? Is it sold out on ami ami already? That's where I ordered it

The monsterarts isn't coming stateside? Is it sold out on ami ami already? That's where I ordered it
Don't think it will I may be wrong but heard it isn't for some reason the u.s will not get a a lot of these shin godzilla items.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I was going to put this in the movie section, but this is where the true G-Fans dwell, so...

SHIN GODZILLA
The Batman Professor Review
2 stars out of 5

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!

NO, REALLY - SPOILERS

SHIN GODZILLA really puts a phrase I use in my university classes to the test:

"I'd rather see an ambitious failure than a complacent success."

The film works on a lot of levels, notably in showing the collateral damage that a gigantic creature could inflict on a densely populated city. There are shots of Godzilla wading through urban areas that are truly awe-inspiring, as well as scenes of the JDF in action that feel absolutely real. The build-up to Godzilla's first appearance, and the faltering response by the government is very well depicted, with lots of crosscut dialogue from a host of characters, giving the first half of the film a driving sense of urgency. However, it's soon apparent that this "talking head" motif is the touchstone that the film comes back to again and again, and it becomes increasingly tiring. By the end of the film, the whole "let's come up with a way of defeating this monster without resorting to nukes" feels like APOLLO 13 by way of Michael Bay.

Of the actors involved, Hiroki Hasegawa, comes off best as the lower level gov't operative who ultimately gets a shot at saving the nation from destruction at the feet of Godzilla or the hands of the US government. However it's Satomi Ishihara as the Japanese-American daughter of an American senator who nearly sinks the movie for me. Clearly hired for her looks, her American accent is cringe-worthy, and you do not believe for one moment that she was raised in the US with access to it's levers of power. The rest of the cast functions well enough, but few leave any lasting impression.

Now for GODZILLA. SPOILERS GALORE.

The design and abilities of this newest iteration of the King of the Monsters smacks of "let's be different and outrageous for the sake of being different and outrageous. The "Puppy Slug" that originally comes ashore is terrifying and ridiculous in equal measure, marred by both a poorly realized head design and the least convincing CG seen in the film. When he later emerges as this film's "Boss" version, he is admittedly cooler looking than my first impression from the trailers, appearing as a cross between the 1954 Gozi and the 1995. My problem is that he moves very slowly, and seemingly with little purpose. When the JDF and the USAF attack, my most serious issues with SHIN GODZILLA fully manifest. After an awesome display of BIG G honing his radioactive breath, he goes on to fire it out of his back and then his tail! Speaking of his tail, the last shot of it triggered PTSD from GINO's offspring running amok in Madison Square Garden.

Also, the lower jaw separation is pointless IMO, but possibly the worst part is that this is a Godzilla movie with less Godzilla in it than the 2014 version.

I'm not going to say this film is an absolute failure, but it certainly didn't resonate with me in the end.

Sorry, Crispy, you could have been a contender.

Last edited:
Comparing NECA's Shin Preview photos to the prototype sculpt we saw before, I'm not sure it's that different, however the lower jaw does seem to have increased in size quite a bit. It's almost giving him an underbite. Perhaps just re-scaling that one piece? (Of course then you might have issues getting it to fit over the existing head portion...) :confused:

Back