Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pics from a hobby magazine.

BANPRESTO

ClvY4v_VAAAMzNH.jpg:large

BANDAI

ClvY4wBVYAEa384.jpg:large

The more I see this new Godzilla...the more I'm not liking it. I mean...the scarred look isn't all bad, but I'm hating the arms and...geez that mouth is...ugh.

The more I see this new Godzilla...the more I'm not liking it. I mean...the scarred look isn't all bad, but I'm hating the arms and...geez that mouth is...ugh.

I'm just the opposite. The more I see it, the more I love it. I'm over the little T-Rex arms, and he looks so dog gone mean. Bring on the figures..

I'm still holding out to see the movie, but I do understand what they are trying to convey. The monster-arts looks better than the movie so far though.

What a win for you MF, he came out great, can't wait for your pics! :rock

Please take lots of close ups of the tip of his tail so that I can show the wife.

Just for you :lol, I'm excited, now seeing then side by side, I definitely want the 6" and 12" vinyls so I'm keeping both orders, I assumed they'd be the same pose but they aren't which is nice.

Now if that immaculate Banpresto could just come to mass market.

If the movie is great the design will quickly be forgiven.

I love the design, I will regardless of the movie, but if the movie is really good it would just enhance my enjoyment. For me, Final Wars and Revenge are the only movies I'd say I consider truly bad, the others are varying levels from ok to good to favorite.

Is that what the Banpresto will actually look like, more or less? Because it's under $100 USD, isn't it? So what would be the point in paying more for the smaller 25cm X-Plus version if they're both in the same league in terms of sculpt and paint?

Is that what the Banpresto will actually look like, more or less? Because it's under $100 USD, isn't it? So what would be the point in paying more for the smaller 25cm X-Plus version if they're both in the same league in terms of sculpt and paint?

So far the Banpresto is only officially a lottery prize, no word on mass market release or price.

Kinda thought X-Plus gave up on Gamera. Here is their new Legion slated for August release. Why does the yen have to be so strong all of a sudden? It's costing me an extra $30 for the gigantic 62 since order date.

legion.jpg

So far the Banpresto is only officially a lottery prize, no word on mass market release or price.

That's where I'm confused. The Monster King Shin Gojira listed on BBTS is made by Bandai, not Banpresto. Or are they the same? (I guess Banpresto was bought by [absorbed into] Bandai Japan in 2008...) Regardless, It'll be interesting to see how it comes out when you receive it. :wink1:

That's where I'm confused. The Monster King Shin Gojira listed on BBTS is made by Bandai, not Banpresto. Or are they the same? (I guess Banpresto was bought by [absorbed into] Bandai Japan in 2008...) Regardless, It'll be interesting to see how it comes out when you receive it. :wink1:

Here's a breakdown of the Shin Gojira figures we've seen so far.

BANPRESTO

So far, this is a lottery prize only, sculpted by Yuji Sakai, running about 12" tall.

7797572_orig.jpg

photo.jpg

BANDAI

So far, we have two vinyl figures coming from Bandai, the Movie Monster Series figure standing about 6" tall, and the Monster King figure standing about 11" tall. BBBTS has listed both of these for sale.

MMS

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BAN16925&mode=retail

img_movie3.jpg

7820036_orig.jpg

Monster King

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BAN16926&mode=retail

NaFPXnc.png

CkUn1C1UgAAuNBk.jpg:large

tumblr_o8fi42btJd1qcqjsdo1_1280.jpg

Here's a few pictures of them together.

ClZndCMUgAIHxRY.jpg

Right hand page here.

ClvY4wBVYAEa384.jpg:large

SH MONSTERARTS

177857669_orig.jpg

5974861_orig.jpg

SEGA

13233075_1797140213848388_3327182469205646180_n.jpg

13263663_1797140787181664_1060905777772138317_n.jpg

13244722_1797140807181662_3782987601513021058_n.jpg

GASHAPON

CkglhsfUYAAFMOp.jpg

CkgliQKVAAE0XuY.jpg

MOOK

Not sure what Mook figures are, but there's the campaign to have this one produced it'd be one of two colors and is supposedly sculpted by X-Plus.

4707704_orig.jpg

UNKNOWN

This is some soft of mini figure, I've read 5cm tall, that is part of the lottery that Banpresto is included in.

539485558_orig.jpg

Displaying this one will require some additional space in the rear. :lol

image.jpeg

That's what's good about the Bandai 11" version, his tail is posed going up.

Last edited:
Awesome. Thanks for the picture work. That SEGA's pretty cool too. If I find the space, I may just hold out for X-Plus. (Though that SH MonsterArts is pretty tempting...) Who am I kidding? I should wait to make sure I even like the movie! :lol

I think they hit a homerun with him.

I really hope they use his huge tail as it should be used, as a destructive force.

His arms might be small but his tail more than makes up for it!

It looks like he's dragging another monster behind him!

One swing of that tail should be able to destroy a massive amount of infrastructure, buildings and military.

I just don't want a nice Godzilla like 2014 is what i'm getting at! :lol

Last edited:
Back