Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

That looks great jye!!!

I agree. I love stylized Godzilla designs all the time. The T-Facto Godzilla Evolution, the "Original Image" Godzilla kit, Honey Bones '54, and the early illustrations of Godzilla '99 way more than the in-film product. Several people have mentioned they prefer the Sakai 2014 over the in-film version. Jaws' point about GBG is accurate as well. He looks less like a man in suit and more like a real life unstoppable nuclear diety. I think that '89 bust looks more feral and vicious than the one that was posted after it and I can still easily tell which suit it's representing.

100% agree with everything.... Plus The second bust is more accurate but that first one is just a mean looking SOB. I don't like Busts but I would get that stylized 89 Godzilla.

I had to read this a couple of times and even have my wife read it in order to get my head around it...

I think you took my loving of that 89 bust to mean that I love it as a perfect replica of the 89 Godzilla. I know that it is not what G looked like in 89 but it is what the bust was named and so I called it that... I love it cause it looks cool. Not because I think it's an accurate portrait of the big G. It is obviously a stylized version and I love it :)

Like you I love Godzilla in all his forms... I like the SHMA Godzilla 2014... Even though the company took many liberties with it. I love the SHMA Godzilla 2000... Which actually looks nothing like G 2000 rather it looks like yuji sakai's interpretation of G 2000. I prefer that look actually.

I get a tad hung up on your "but I have a difficult time liking something just because somebody says it's supposed to be something." With that logic I should not like the above mentioned SHMA or the SSC Godzilla because they have taken some artistic liberties also. Same goes for the GBG.. It is a stylized version of Burning Godzilla... But I still love all of them, despite their lack of accuracy, because they all look awesome!

My point it.. I like what I like.

That Godzilla bust could have been called Godzilla 54 and I would still love it because I like the look of it.

I apologize if it sounded like I was attacking your taste, because I wasn't. As I stated, taste is a personal thing. You like what you like. I probably did attribute you liking it more to accuracy than to simple aesthetics than I should have. My attempted point was that regardless of how great it looks, I find it hard to like things like this. I love conceptualized Godzillas as well as accurate Godzillas, but I don't think this is either. It appears to be a nice attempt at an accurate Godzilla, but it falls way short.

I have way too many Godzilla models and figures to have any love for nice attempts. I have the Gigantic GMK and BG, but I'm not thrilled with them. I have them moreso because I have everything else X-Plus did. Same with the first 30cm 89. It's bad for a 'Garage Toy' which is supposed to be a preassembled model, but once again, I had everything else. It gets tiring collecting that way. Lots of people love that 89 and that's fine. I try to let people know if I think there are better options, but I'm not telling them what to like.

I apologize if it sounded like I was attacking your taste, because I wasn't. As I stated, taste is a personal thing. You like what you like. I probably did attribute you liking it more to accuracy than to simple aesthetics than I should have. My attempted point was that regardless of how great it looks, I find it hard to like things like this. I love conceptualized Godzillas as well as accurate Godzillas, but I don't think this is either. It appears to be a nice attempt at an accurate Godzilla, but it falls way short.

I have way too many Godzilla models and figures to have any love for nice attempts. I have the Gigantic GMK and BG, but I'm not thrilled with them. I have them moreso because I have everything else X-Plus did. Same with the first 30cm 89. It's bad for a 'Garage Toy' which is supposed to be a preassembled model, but once again, I had everything else. It gets tiring collecting that way. Lots of people love that 89 and that's fine. I try to let people know if I think there are better options, but I'm not telling them what to like.

No problem... I like it but I can see how it would not be to everyone's tastes... I have tons of older Godzilla stuff and have just recently started getting into the Xplus stuff because of the diamond reissues. Anyways thanks for the clarification :)

I'm starting to think he was an assembly line regect with all this glue on his head.

But you know what, it gives him character and makes him look all gnarley. :lol

It reminds me of Mothra's web spray. :lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 175
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 178
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 175
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    962.3 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
S.H Monsterarts Gamera for 2015!

Attachments

• ga3.jpg
    ga3.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 162
  • ga2.jpg
    ga2.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 161
  • ga1.jpg
    ga1.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 154
I just whizzed in my pants a bit. Finally!!! Do I dare hope for Gamera 3, Iris and Legion? Then they can get to Jet Jaguar, Megalon and the Mutos and I would be a super happy Godzilla collector. Gamera rules!!

Back