Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol the pictures posted in reverse order. Thats the chair where I solve the problems of the world one by one.

He's finally arrived, omg, what an amazing figure, everything I'd hoped for, he's just so huge and heavy and the posability is great, the head looks awesome, too excited and tired at the same time. A few bent spines but not too bad, got the tail on without breaking the sound, dam is it loud. Easily worth the wait and worth every penny he cost.

I'm happy with mine too. Fixed the spines and attached the tail in about 2 minutes with the hair dryer. No sound troubles. He is a boss figure.

NECA's revised '84 figure, HUGE difference from before, I actually really want the figure now, it's not the best '84 ever but definitely worth the $18 to add to my '84 collection.

1985_Godzilla1.jpg

Godzilla1.jpg

Godzilla2.jpg

Godzilla3.jpg

Godzilla4.jpg

Godzilla5.jpg

Godzilla6.jpg

Godzilla7.jpg

YES! Thank you NECA!

:exactly:

Looks A LOT BETTER now! Thank you NECA for putting forth the extra efforts! :hi5: :clap

Neca definitely improved the 84 HUGE TIME. If I see him in my local TRU. I'll definitely pick one up. Looks great!

Sculpted spines on the 12" tall 2014 would have been the way to go. They could have given them that carved/bone look that they had in the film like the SHMA has. That would have put this bad boy over the top in the looks department and less frustrating for collectors with the free willy syndrome on their figures. Love this guy's face though. And the tail looks like a a creature who has been through mutation hell.

I haven't been able to take pics of mine yet, but I'm really amazed by the fine details that don't really show up in pics. Shots of the CGI model show a lot of texture on the top of his head where pics of NECA have looked smooth and I was ok with it but I noticed on the figure, it's there, very fine lines that if you don't light it just right, you can't really see, but I was amazed and excited by that. I'd read reports of the roar being quiet but mine is loud. I still can't get over the sheer size of him, in the pose I've got he stands 13" tall, the biggest Godzilla I've ever owned, just an amazing figure. Got all but 1 fin bent into proper shape, one of the ones on his neck is giving me a fight :lol

Like I said I wish they did more of a sculpt with the spines rather than a mold (I'd rather that than the roar action--speaking of mine is also very loud). But I do love him. He's a beast and the details are wonderful.

Agreed, the figure is so rich in detail, it's a head scratcher that the spines are so simplified, I'm guessing for molding they had to be separate. I would have preferred more detail and sharper points, but their size is spot on and the figure has a great display presence. The 2014 design is without question one of my most favorite Godzilla's ever. I just don't tired of seeing pics of it, just like '54 and '84. It's just cool all over. This is already one of my most favorite Godzilla figures ever, on pure figure quality, some of my vinyls have sentimental value but this is just an awesome figure.

You know what, I have to agree. I look at him next to my x-plus Goji's and I realize I do really like this design and the mean looking mug is captured beautifully. He's miles ahead of the 12" HTT which is a good figure but it just looks to tame and refined. This guy has the same look on his face that he had when he confronted the female muto--hate. He's definitely up there with my 14" Godzilla '91, shma 2000 millennium, and x-plus 64 as a all-time favorite.

I brightened the pictures a bit to capture details better.
9800b7c89e6d15e3dff64c77c922c786.jpg

984a43c52cb160f40093946d90ea6a7b.jpg

They nailed his attitued with the larger figure, and you're right, for whatever reason, details or something, that isn't present in the smaller figure. I have both and there's just more personality to the big one, the little one is an almost generic figure of the design, not really capturing any specific attitude or anything, it looks like him, but this big one, he's there. Some of the first painted shots from NECA reminded me of his face through the bus window at the bridge scene.

Back