Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lighting doesn't make a difference for me, it looks great for what it is, it just loses some of the details I love about Godzilla 2014. Compare the video image to this shot.

godzilla-the-king-arrives.jpg

True it does lose some detail that you see in the movie but no big deal for me. As long as it turns out awesome I'll be happy.

Yeah but megazord and some of their enemies survived volcanos too lol the black hole thing missed Godzilla I thought and the absolute zero made Godzilla retreat in limping fashion from what I remember. He wanted no more lol.

Godzilla has never been stabbed by anything close to as big as that. Not saying he couldn't win, but if megazord and dragonzord combined or summoned Titanus..I think Godzilla would be sent with his tail between his legs. After all, Godzilla has been sent home by monsters much less powerful than him before lol

He might run off to fight another day, I just meant he wouldn't be oblitterated like Rita or Zedd's monsters.

Cool video of the SHMA G2014, but it definitely highlights all the lost details from the movie design that I love. As much as their are things I love about this figure compared to NECA or anyone else, overall, it doesn't do it for me. This is the 3rd best Godzilla 2014 figure to me from what we've seen.

Hmmm, I'm really looking forward to getting the SHMA but as of now, I like the sculpt and posture of the neca figure a lot more. I think I'll be able to get a better pose out of my SHMA than what they have here though.

Last edited:
I don't get why SHMA figures are always posed with their legs so far apart, ever since like the first Godzilla, they're always putting them in these crazy battle poses. They make very authentic figures, most of the time, but because of their articulation, they really turn them into action figures instead of posable, faithful figures. When SHMA started, I just thought we'd get typical Godzilla figures with added articulation to have more posabiblity but the posing SHMA does nowadays looks more geared at kids and recreating Godzilla Unleashed.

Cool video of the SHMA G2014, but it definitely highlights all the lost details from the movie design that I love. As much as their are things I love about this figure compared to NECA or anyone else, overall, it doesn't do it for me. This is the 3rd best Godzilla 2014 figure to me from what we've seen.

That looks... surprisingly like crap. (Okay, so maybe I was a bit too excited earlier. Apparently.)

Well, shoot. I guess I'll be over here waving my little light for X-Plus to save us from squeaky over-articulated versions. :lol

That looks... surprisingly like crap. (Okay, so maybe I was a bit too excited earlier. Apparently.)

Well, shoot. I guess I'll be over here waving my little light for X-Plus to save us from squeaky over-articulated versions. :lol
I think the 2-up prototype and their final product is looking more and more dissimilar. I'm not nearly as hyped. And I have to see the large NECA in person but im not too high on that either.

I think people are getting dissappointed with Godzilla 2014 figures because the 2014 design has the most bland color palette of any Godzilla with his spines being the same color as his skin and his claws, just a whole lot of grey, maybe some highlights to the skin but subtle, Toho Godzilla's at least offer a bit more interesting color scheme with the spines and claws and even the bigger eyes help.

Maybe its the pose...but the final product doesnt look as dynamic and as well sculpted as the proto.

If it popped out as well as the promotional pics or if it does when its in the box ill retract that last post lol. I feel like the way they have him displayed he lost some of that ferocity he had in the earlier pics

For reasons that I would rather forget, I had to sell my original Bandai 18" Godzilla, 20 years ago. I recently scored a Thai knockoff, and painted him up on Monday:

Last edited:
Back