Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol

let me put you on the spot

which is your favorite Xplus from this list:

30cm im assuming?

Tough. This is not easy.

The easy scratch offs for me are 99 and 01. Something about 99's eyes (the clouded look) really ruins the face for me. 01 looks okay, but the 25cm is much better imo.

03 is a fantastic figure. Beautiful to look at and to display. But the other two are so iconic looking I have to put this guy in third. But im not even a fan of the design much or the movie so my praise is speaking volumes for this fig. A rather dynamic pose. I have him po'd and I cant wait for him to arrive.

But the top two contenders are '64 and '89. 89 should be coming out later this year and I think I actually prefer the pose of thr 25cm (but both are gorgeous). 64 was truly perfected. I love the design and the pose. For that combination im picking him.

Why no '54 though? Hes the biggest and looks so epic.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

When is the 24" figure released.

Sometime this month :panic:

June-July

PO sold out at BBTS for now, still available at EA though.

NECA recently tweeted, July, probably mid-July to stores and late July to start shipping from places like BBTS, the 12" hit stores mid-May and shipped from BBTS late May.

Didn't see BBTS sold out, glad I ordered it day 1 :) Hopefully it'll ship fast when they get them too.

I'm bummed that the neca large figure still has a bendy tail. Its essentially the same as the smaller figure with a bit more detail.

It's not a bendy tail, NECA lists it as bendable just to mean it's articulated and not solid like many Godzilla figures, but the tail is all plastic and fully articulated like SHMA. Here you can see the joints.

godzilla2014_24htt_04.jpg

LEGAL-Godzilla4.jpg

I'll press the button one time to make sure it works than never touch it again trust me its how I function lol

Depending on how loud it is and how it sounds, I might want to push it every once in awhile :lol

Oh okay good. Neca's website confused me about the tail they said wired I believe.

Oh okay good. Neca's website confused me about the tail they said wired I believe.

No worries, I've been following this figure for a long time, as soon as NECA was announced as a licensee, I hoped they'd do figures and hoped they'd do a 12" tall figure.

From one of the most anticipated movie releases this year, the relaunch of the classic Godzilla franchise.
This 12″ tall action figure with is highly detailed and fully articulated, and 24” long from head to tail! Over 25 points of articulation, bendable tail, and sound effects. Batteries included.
The classic movie monster has never looked so good in toy form.
Case of 2.

https://necaonline.com/46768/produc...to-tail-action-figure-modern-godzilla-case-2/

Nice that batteries are included, probably be able to activate it in the box. I can't wait to see how he'll be packaged.

They messed up calling it a bendable tail on the web page, I even talked to Randy way back and he said the 24" HTT was big enough they were comfortable doing full articulation, they went part bendy on the 12" HTT because of the thinner parts, knowing NECA, they would have broken so it was wise to do part bendy.

That's true. When I think of bendy tail I think of wires that end up being non-functional over time or wear and tear. They should have said posable tail.
Batteries included were expected. NECA is good about that.

30cm im assuming?

Tough. This is not easy.

The easy scratch offs for me are 99 and 01. Something about 99's eyes (the clouded look) really ruins the face for me. 01 looks okay, but the 25cm is much better imo.

03 is a fantastic figure. Beautiful to look at and to display. But the other two are so iconic looking I have to put this guy in third. But im not even a fan of the design much or the movie so my praise is speaking volumes for this fig. A rather dynamic pose. I have him po'd and I cant wait for him to arrive.

But the top two contenders are '64 and '89. 89 should be coming out later this year and I think I actually prefer the pose of thr 25cm (but both are gorgeous). 64 was truly perfected. I love the design and the pose. For that combination im picking him.

Why no '54 though? Hes the biggest and looks so epic.

Thanks for the feedback, I keep going back and forth which to be my first XPlus.

It changes every day. :slap

I think it would be the 99 if they were to reissue, I just love him in that movie.

*runs to watch reviews of the 54.

Thanks for the feedback, I keep going back and forth which to be my first XPlus.

It changes every day. :slap

*runs to watch reviews of the 54.

Well 89 will be announced later in the year (I bet). 03 comes out next month. So try to get 64 now you'll fall in love (if you like the design but im assuming you do because you seem smart).

Well 89 will be announced later in the year (I bet). 03 comes out next month. So try to get 64 now you'll fall in love (if you like the design but im assuming you do because you seem smart).

yeah, i'm no dummy.

Ok, i'm down to 3 choices, but I can only get 2 out of the 3 (awf cawrse).

03 (is there a non scar version?)
GMK

Yikes!

Last edited:

yeah, i'm no dummy.

Ok, i'm down to 3 choices, but I can only get 2 out of the 3 (awf cawrse).

03 (is there a non scar version?)
GMK

Yiles!

No non-scar version.

Im not big on the gmk...unless it was the 25cm. But if you do like it ive heard great reviews.

I've definately narrowed it down to 3-4 looks that I like.

But i'm sorry, there is no 30-25 cm that will beat SHMA G2000, so in all actuality I already own my favorite Godzilla.

But I definately will be jumping into the 30cm Xplus line starting July with these diamond reissues.

At most though I only want a max of 2-3 X-Plus, I have no desire to be a completist.

I've definately narrowed it down to 3-4 looks that I like.

But i'm sorry, there is no 30-25 cm that will beat SHMA G2000, so in all actuality I already own my favorite Godzilla.

But I definately will be jumping into the 30cm Xplus line starting July with these diamond reissues.

At most though I only want a max of 2-3 X-Plus, I have no desire to be a completist.

If you like the Godzilla 2000 maquette look a lot, you might want to consider picking up the Banpresto figure at some point. He's pretty neat and if you keep an eye out, you can get a pretty decent deal on him. I've seen them go for $50-$60.

As far as X-Plus is concerned, it's up to you. I really like all three of those figures. Would be difficult to omit one for me.

Banpresto 2K added to the list. :lol

:hi5:

Oh well, guess its that time of the day where I fight against my impulses.

Off to Ebay to stare at the Gigantic 2001.

I hold my finger just inches from the buy button. :lol

That is the only thing out there that beats the SHMAG2000.

My wife gets very nervous when i'm on that page. :lol

Banpresto 2K added to the list. :lol

:hi5:

Oh well, guess its that time of the day where I fight against my impulses.

Off to Ebay to stare at the Gigantic 2001.

I hold my finger just inches from the buy button. :lol

That is the only thing out there that beats the SHMAG2000.

My wife gets very nervous when i'm on that page. :lol

There's 2 versions, black skin and green, I have the green one and love it, his tail wraps around an is huge, it's a wider than tall piece, worth $50-$60 but no more.

Surprised Xplus never made an Orga, I would get him fully formed, they could even have his spaceship as an accessory.

Found this on Ebay:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 123
Back