Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The scary thing about this line is I don't even really have room for one of these guys. So I have to be extra careful about ever purchasing one. Even with my Super Premium Godzilla, I don't have a shelf big enough to support him :lol

The scary thing about this line is I don't even really have room for one of these guys. So I have to be extra careful about ever purchasing one. Even with my Super Premium Godzilla, I don't have a shelf big enough to support him :lol

I would just put him in the corner of my living room.

Wife would be so pleased. :rotfl

Tried that like 5 years ago. Mother shoved him in the dirty, dusty attic.

Lesson. Learned.

:lecture

Although to be fair he wasn't so much in the corner of the living room as he was on top of the dining room table. But I thought it was a very decorative centerpiece.

I feel certain that X-PLUS will be releasing the Kaibutsuya 95 version as well as the 89 version. I notice on Ebay that a kaibutsuya recaster is no longer selling any products. I guess Ebay kicked them off or at least I hope so. The 95 version is amazing so maybe the vinyl version will capture close to what it is in vinyl. My 95 is appx 50cm so it should be at least 43-45cm in vinyl. I am going to post a few of my bigger pieces I have to give everyone a idea of the scale. It would be cool if they did a limited prepaint version of the Kaiyodo big guy 89. I have one and still not painted him yet.

Here are a few of my larger pieces in my collection.
300e3c904e6424ce7e30c83bc14c82bb.jpg

The Sakai '89 is impressive for size, I always wished it'd been a better pose, not a fan of him aiming upward.

I can't imagine seeing multiples of the JAKKS 30" figure on a shelf next year.

The Sakai '89 is impressive for size, I always wished it'd been a better pose, not a fan of him aiming upward.

I can't imagine seeing multiples of the JAKKS 30" figure on a shelf next year.

I actually really like that pose, it's different than most and I can picture him in the middle of his triumphant roar!

I actually really like that pose, it's different than most and I can picture him in the middle of his triumphant roar!

I like the pose myself. I repositioned the legs and filled him with 2part expandable foam. He weighs in at about 45 pounds and has about 5 pounds of putty work on him. If anybody has a chance to get one I highly advice it. I bought mine in the early nineties for about 850.00US but the prices I have seen for the reissue is outrages.

Here is a quick tip to make those maser cannons look more realistic, pick up a couple of the tamiya weathering master sets. Easy to use and really works well.
26ffd000f1e2aa4f8a514f94401e339a.jpg

Last edited:
And people complain about the predator sculpts :lol

sweet jeezis does that light up?!

Not sure if this has been posted, but Kyle from Kaijucast visited X-Plus headquarters:

https://youtu.be/womDUibVWVs

Great video that goes behind-the-scenes on how figures get made, who makes the decisions, what causes the delays, licenses they're interested in, etc.

Four things in particular stuck out from this video:
1, we're getting a 25cm-scale Ghidorah
2, they're interested in Pacific Rim
3, they'd like to get the license to make figures from the 2014 movie
4... THE NEXT GIGANTIC SERIES FIGURE WILL BE BURNING GODZILLA :rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

I saw the Kaibutsuya kit from which the GMK sculpt was taken on eBay a while back and there was also a Desu-Goji available so I had guessed that would be the next one. Hope they use that sculpt because it kicks all kinds of ***. Less-stylized than the GMK and has an especially bulky, powerful look that would lend itself well to the larger size. Having missed out on the Bandai Super Premium, I think this will more than make up for it. :D

1455181_10151977812017207_908779605_n.jpg

I passed on the GMK due to already having him in 30cm scale and while I love the design, it's not iconic enough to warrant that size and price tag. This, on the other hand, will DEFINITELY be bought.

Is that the same Godzilla as this?
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzlzNcq8FJU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzlzNcq8FJU[/ame]

Back