Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
uh oh ! i feel a sick habit coming on and im gonna end up really broke .. time to have a fire sale in order to satisfy my urge

3.jpg

Fortunately, I'm pretty good at restraining and just admiring a lot of the really nice pieces. I don't really feel too tempted unless it's '54 or '85, then it becomes nearly impossible to resist :lol

Pieces like that are exactly why I wish Sideshow would do a dio line. I wish I lived in Japan or close by enough where this stuff was so commonplace to find. Sideshow taking on the license would make cool stuff more readily accessible, though I don't think they could ever reach the sculpt quality you get with Sakai and some of these guys who just really get Godzilla and how to capture all his nuances, but I'm sure their stuff would be some of the better stuff available, there's plenty of rediculous quality Godzilla stuff out there too.

Godzilla 2000 (1999)
Godzilla vs. Megaguirus (2000)

Bandai 6" Figure

105.jpg

106.jpg

107.jpg

108.jpg

Banpresto 10" Figure based on Godzilla 2000 Concept Art

109.jpg

110.jpg

111.jpg

112.jpg

113.jpg

114.jpg

Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack (2001)

X-Pluse USA 6" Figure

115.jpg

116.jpg

117.jpg

118.jpg

I don't have a figure for Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla 2002, however, the main difference betwen that suit and the one below is the red scar on the chest.

Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S. (2003)

Bandai 8" Figure

119.jpg

120.jpg

121.jpg

122.jpg

And lastly, Final Wars. I have 3 figures from Bandai for this film. Originally I bought the 6" version, but something seemed off about it to me, I didn't feel like it represented the suit quite right and I saw images of the 8" version and felt it really captured it well, so I got that. The 4" one I got as a free gift with some other Godzilla item I bought, seller must have had no use for trying to sell it or something, wasn't even a big purchase I made, but what the heck, I'll take freebies. Also, for the full body shots of the 8" figure, and the 2003 figure, I popped the very last few inches of the tail off for the shots to accommodate the background, they both have long tails that actually come off the figure in 2 parts, makes storage easier.

Godzilla: Final Wars (2004)

Bandai 4" Figure

123.jpg

124.jpg

Bandai 6" Figure

125.jpg

126.jpg

Bandai 8" Figure

127.jpg

128.jpg

129.jpg

130.jpg

And to close out the evolution of Godzilla, a little graphic I made once for Les.

GODZILLAS.jpg

And just for fun, another image I made of the Banpresto '54 in the shot where Godzilla first lands during his main attack of Gojira.

G54.jpg

Those puppet are pretty cool. What do they spray to replicate the atomic breath affect?

I totally agree with you on Mechagodzilla. The 70s design is the best and the 90s design was the worst of the the three versions. I really loved many of the monster designs from the 60s and 70s. That's why I've loved those X-Plus figures I have so much the three releases so far have been based on the classic designs from the 60s and 70s. Their next release is Godzilla from the Millenium Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla film. It's not my favorite design, but I really think the figure does look great.

007375.jpg

I just got my payment request notice for this guy. I knew he was coming out in April, but was hoping that it'd be a little closer to the end of the month. I'm planning on going to a convention in a couple weeks and wanted to have a little extra cash for that. Oh well, he looks very cool. I should have him in a week or so. I'll post pics when he arrives.

Well, I grew up on the 4 O'clock movies (famous American T.V. show) and their Godzilla week was always my favorite.

I'd have to say figure wise, Medicoms 1954 version Godzilla Suit still ranks at the top for me.
But it's almost impossible to get the 1954 version that was made before 1998.
I heard there was only 1 factory run on this before 1998 with
only 3000 made. Then the others made in 1998, 2004-2006.

Here's some pictures......:D

RAHGODZILLASUIT6.jpg

RAHGODZILLASUIT4.jpg

RAHGODZILLASUIT.jpg

I know I'm dating myself, but when I was a small boy in the early 70's, I
also remember having a 12 inch Godzilla figure that had glow in the
dark eye's, teeth and spines. For the life of me, I don't remember
what company made it, but it didn't have much articulation, that I
do remember. Also, it was a harder plastic and I think it had little
glow in the dark fire parts you could put in it's mouth.

Anyone know which one I'm talking about??

Last edited:
hope everyone had a wonderful easter

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/fRWYQyd9QI4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/fRWYQyd9QI4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_detailpage&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/6Rk6ODZT2mk"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/6Rk6ODZT2mk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZU2pP7rmZSU"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZU2pP7rmZSU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/VLrO7lc267Q"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/VLrO7lc267Q" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

This thread got me to pull out my Godzilla DVDs. I only have 5, but I plan on getting them all and watching them in order. I'm hoping to find the best version of the original Japanese releases.

Gojira (1954)

51HEXHBZ4VL._SS400_.jpg

Very cool to have finally seen the original version. I don't think I can even watch the Raymond Burr version any more.

I REALLY want this one.

GZ-142-5-500.jpg
I have it, love it and recommend you get it too! :lol

remember this scene .. picture not that great , but you get the idea ...

bigslam1.jpg
Oh My Freakin' God! :google It is a thing of beauty... :drool
What's the size on that kit?

Not that it matters, I can't spend that kind of money and get it painted anyways... :(

Sakai's never made a mini one, has he???

Well, I grew up on the 4 O'clock movies (famous American T.V. show) and their Godzilla week was always my favorite.

I'd have to say figure wise, Medicoms 1954 version Godzilla Suit still ranks at the top for me.
But it's almost impossible to get the 1954 version that was made before 1998.
I heard there was only 1 factory run on this before 1998 with
only 3000 made. Then the others made in 1998, 2004-2006.

Here's some pictures......:D

How can you tell the difference between the first run of the 1954 figures and the later ones? I bought mine in 2001.

This thread got me to pull out my Godzilla DVDs. I only have 5, but I plan on getting them all and watching them in order. I'm hoping to find the best version of the original Japanese releases.

Gojira (1954)

51HEXHBZ4VL._SS400_.jpg

Very cool to have finally seen the original version. I don't think I can even watch the Raymond Burr version any more.

I have this DVD. Nothing like the original classic Gojira that started it all.

How can you tell the difference between the first run of the 1954 figures and the later ones? I bought mine in 2001.

The year shows up on the bottom of the feet on
the Godzilla suit. When ever they did the factory run
they would change it in the mold to reflect the year.

Dammit!
:banghead!!
:lol

This thread just forced me into getting some Godzilla goodies over the weekend, I got this Ultimate Monsters blind box Godzilla (not my pic)

!BjiJV(g!2k~$(KGrHqUOKjUEsnmQsjzRBLT5-6ysIg~~_12.JPG

And Bandai's Godzilla Millenium... again not my pic...

31-JF5cpsnL._SS400_.jpg

Thanks a lot Sean!! With your amazing pics it's impossible to avoid the frenzy!

Little tip though, if you can, stay clear of anything from Bandai USA, I've seen the Bandai USA versions of the figures I have, and they're pretty much all subpar in quality. If it's all you can find or afford, Bandai USA is a fine option, but given a choice, I wouldn't buy their stuff, I have their burning Godzilla only because at the time it was the only and best option and it was when Bandai USA first started releasing stuff and I didn't know any better like I do now.

Yeah I know, I actually have a couple of Japanese Bandai Godzillas and the difference in quality is noticeable... material-wise and paint apps, but I thought it was a cool figure nevertheless... it was an impulse purchase... as I was looking for some toys for my nephew @ Toys R Us.
:lol

Back