GoDaddy CEO Shoots Elephant!!! MURDERER!!! >:(

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamboota

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm cancelling my ____ing account...

Also, I just found out that namecheap.com will offer a discount if you use BYEBYEGD coupon code and will also donate $1 to savetheelephant organization

GRAPHIC VIDEO:

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://www.video.me/Embed.ashx?vid=380843&width=640&height=382&autoplay=true&LoopCount=0"></script>

https://mashable.com/2011/03/31/godaddy-ceo-elephant/
GoDaddy CEO Bob Parsons may have achieved a new social media equivalent of jumping the shark. Call it “shooting the elephant.”

A video of Parsons shooting an elephant in Zimbabwe is making the rounds Thursday, causing the domain registry company to become a Google Hot Topic and the subject of criticism. Leading the charge is PETA, the animal rights group, which has closed its account with GoDaddy and is asking others to follow suit. Parsons, a Vietnam vet known for his brash image, brought on the publicity by himself by posting the video on his blog.

The video shows the damage elephants caused by trampling a farmer’s sorghum field. Parsons and his fellow hunters then waited at night for the elephants to return and Parsons shoots and kills one of the elephants. Dozens of villagers then come to pick off the elephant’s meat.

Anticipating a backlash, GoDaddy competitor NameCheap.com has already swooped in. The company is running a transfer from GoDaddy to Namecheap.com for .com, .net and .org domains for $4.99 with 20% of the proceeds going to SaveTheElephants.com. For its part, GoDaddy has yet to address the issue on its company blog. Reps from the company could not be reached for comment.

This isn’t the first time GoDaddy has courted controversy. The brand is known for its envelope-pushing Super Bowl ads that feature “GoDaddy Girls” bouncing out of their shirts. One such spot, featuring a retired football player named Lola who becomes a lingerie designer, was punted from the 2010 Super Bowl.

Yeah...thats what the article was saying! :mad:

I mean...who would ____ing think this is ok! Like WTF! for realz! Arrgghh!!

the people that were hacking the thing to bits for their lunch seemed to appreciate it. he was feeding the hungry africans. he saved lives and gives us bigger boobs on tv :lecture

in all seriousness, I'm not sure I see THAT much difference between shooting an elephant and a cow or deer. its bigger? at least they didn't just shoot it to dump in the river, they seem to be utilizing the animal for food anyway.

Looks like it fed alot of hungry people, looks like 50-100 or more, its not like he took the head home to hang on his wall.

It wasn't wasted so :dunno

An elephant died in Africa, we got bigger problems in Japan and the Middle East and right here in America. Grow up.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/M7HJH0IH3dc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tig-elephant%20humping.jpg

Looks like it fed alot of hungry people, looks like 50-100 or more, its not like he took the head home to hang on his wall.

An elephant died in Africa, we got bigger problems in Japan and the Middle East and right here in America. Grow up.

Aren't elephants protected like Bald Eagles? So it's ok to kill a bald eagle as long as we eat it?

It's not about what problems in the world are bigger than another it's about what's right and wrong and this guy's a ____ing ******, but apparently we're infantile for caring......our bad........

Aren't elephants protected like Bald Eagles? So it's ok to kill a bald eagle as long as we eat it?

It's not about what problems in the world are bigger than another it's about what's right and wrong and this guy's a ____ing ******, but apparently we're infantile for caring......our bad........

No they are not, yes you are. Apology accepted.

:lecture Pretty much.

Yea those hundreds of people who didn't starve, ____ing bastards, that elephant had so much left to contribute, I hear he won the young up and coming scientist 09 award and had a full scholarship to MIT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back