God of War - Kratos Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my order in as well :lol :rotfl. I never realized that Sideshow had a Flexpay option. $83.99 per month, for 3 months is pretty reasonable.

I wasn't diggin' the Claw of Hades thing, so I settled for the standard release.

As much as it pains me, I'll have to pass. While I would have preferred a PF over a maquette, my biggest issue is with scale. A 1:5 maquette will just look odd in my display, which is all 1:4 scale. Congrats to those who did order one, though.

Never played. Cause don't have a ps3. Only xbox. But a buddy at work, who is not a gamer or a geek, loves GoW. Only game he's played... On his ps2. If my WL doesn't come through, I'll get over it. I forwarded a couple of the pics, waiting to hear the reaction.

I still dig the character design, and only reason I want a ps3 is for this game, so maybe I play soon.

Sounds good, and you should play (all of) them Scott. They are great games. And this PS3 is awesome too.

You know Bam I haven't played Chains of Olympus but I have heard it is great. Play that one too Scott.

It isn't great...it's more like ok.....but its mutha ____ing GoW!!!:rock

I'm the type of gamer that likes to play all the games of a franchise I like...i.e. Halo, Kingdom Hearts, BioShock, Gears....so I tend to not really listen to the reviews.

I tend to listen to my pants.

tumblr_kujx50P5ll1qa6c8ro1_500.jpg
[/QUOTE]

You know, looking back at the work in progress shots from the first page, not including the base, it looks like the only thing that changed was they sculpted his tunic instead of making it of cloth, hence, maquette instead of PF...

You know, looking back at the work in progress shots from the first page, not including the base, it looks like the only thing that changed was they sculpted his tunic instead of making it of cloth, hence, maquette instead of PF...

I LOVE the tunic. I don't think it wouldn't have came out so great if it was cloth/leather...or whatever they would have used.

I also love the boots too! :rock

and not 1/4 scale

I just compared the pictures again, and the boots look identical to me! What am I missing??

Do we know for certain that the work in progress was 1/4 scale? Of course, PF's are 1/4 scale so we would assume it would be 1/4 scale, but still...

you're just arguing for the sake of it :lol

No, I'm not arguing... I really see no difference between the boots. As for scale, where is it posted that the maquette is only 1/5th scale? Is that based solely on the 17" height?

kratos is roughly 6ft

1/4 scale would be 18" plus base then probably 21-22"

this is 17" including base

As much as it pains me, I'll have to pass. While I would have preferred a PF over a maquette, my biggest issue is with scale. A 1:5 maquette will just look odd in my display, which is all 1:4 scale. Congrats to those who did order one, though.

Realistically, this is actually in scale with all the other SS game maquettes to date: Starcraft 2, Diablo3. So it actually fits my collection.

Last edited:
kratos is roughly 6ft

1/4 scale would be 18" plus base then probably 21-22"

this is 17" including base

According to the Interwebs... he is between 6'4" and 6'6"... so if that base he is standing on is a scale 2' tall, then this piece is 1/6th, not 1/5th, otherwise, the base can only be about 6 to 8 scale inches tall. For 1/4 scale at that height, he would need to be 19" to 19.5" tall, plus base. :nana:

According to the Interwebs... he is between 6'4" and 6'6"... so if that base he is standing on is a scale 2' tall, then this piece is 1/6th, not 1/5th, otherwise, the base can only be about 6 to 8 scale inches tall. For 1/4 scale at that height, he would need to be 19" to 19.5" tall, plus base. :nana:

thank for proving my point that the pf would have been better :lol

ps. i said roughly 6ft ya ****** :lol

Back