Go Hero ROCKETMAN 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are lenses in the helmet visor eye sockets, mounted from inside/middle. They reflect light from some angles, look dark from others and appear transparent looking straight on...

View attachment 201620

I'm now on the hunt for mini-magnets, magnetic tape was a bust. Toylion, could you please repost that picture of the magnets you used or let me what size to get?

BTW,here's mine in its box waiting ready for its Cavill head...

View attachment 201621
Like I said, I had to shave the inside of the hole for the magnet to fit. I just used a blade. Make sure you wear eye protection as the tip of the blade could bust or the shaving fly into your eyes.
11798236_10206529638455746_1057347520_n.jpg

11798378_10206528763793880_1631560708_n.jpg

Thanks TL, can't see the size on the package, I'm guessing they are 3/8" or 1/4" disc magnets?

I'm not home and can't tell by the glare. But if you measure the hole in the back of the rocket pack you should get an idea.

Thanks TL. BTW, played with the figure a bit today and my Rocketpack stays pretty close to the top of the shoulders but not close enough.

It just feels top heavy, I was afraid it was going to make the figure fall back. That's why I wanted it closer to the shoulders. Looks a lot better too.

This figure is amazaballs!
d5d0f91500d56a73e9177300cbf7d073.jpg
The die cast parts and attention to details are beyond anything I've seen and I've been studying this character's details for years. Bravo Go Hero!

Only problem is the top of the pack not attaching to the shoulders but it still looks great despite the slight gap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The die cast parts and attention to details are beyond anything I've seen and I've been studying this character's details for years. Bravo Go Hero!

Only problem is the top of the pack not attaching to the shoulders but it still looks great despite the slight gap.

Nice pose. It really is a nice figure. So glad they decide to tackle it.

Looks great, snakeeyes, love the pose.

Btw, I think I'm going with 1/4" x 1/16" disc magnets for the rocketpack gap. Oh, and my Cavill head is on the way. Will post pics when I have this guy done as a "hope it passes for" Judd Holdren.

Re: Go Hero teases an upcoming 12 inch hero!

Will try to emulate this ZOTS Judd Holdren as Larry Martin pose/publicity pic with my "placesetter" Cavill head which just came in.

Pics coming in a bit...

I still need to get magnets.

I think I'll get two. One for safekeeping and a second for a custom Judd Holdren as Larry Martin in ZOTS. To me, George Wallace looked more like Spencer Tracy than a period action hero, just need to find a comp head for Holdren somewhere.

Judd Holdren as Larry Martin in ZOTS

View attachment 95724

Also, if I remember, the figure will have a belt radio (like the one here) and I'm not sure but I don't think that was used in earlier serials like RMFTM.

Her's the trailer for RMFTM

1952 RADAR MEN FROM THE MOON SERIAL TRAILER COMMANDO CODY - YouTube

Wow! That head looks really great! Thanks for posting.

Wow! That head looks really great! Thanks for posting.

Thanks, took some doing to fit the head on this body correctly, but it's a bit too big to fit the helmet (the helmet fits over it, but eyes don't line up with visor lenses) so I have to do some whittling to downsize it. Basically I have to sand down the back of the head then repaint it. Magnets are on the way so I should have this done soon.

Last edited:
I finally, FINALLY finished my mod. As Kok said, there are a lot of minor aggravating issues which need to be resolved, but once you get them done, it's really worth it.

All I really did was replace the head, but that took many hours of sanding and filing the back of the replacement head to make it fit properly inside the helmet, then more filing and sanding so that the eyes would line up with the visor. The stock head is a bit smaller than a standard HT head. Then I repainted the back of the sanded down head. Then the visor wouldn't stay shut. The clear plastic tabs are too long, they work, but they don't function properly to keep the visor tight to the helmet -- too much slack. So I simply used strips of duct tape on the inside of the helmet to keep the visor shut.

I also used small 1/4" x 1/16" super strong magnets to keep the rocketpack tight to the figure. You can do this by using two magnets, no glue needed, placed over the screws on the inside of the rocketpack and then add two magnets inside the jacket. I removed the jacket, lined up the magnets on the inside of the jacket to the rocketpack, then slipped the figure back inside the jacket and locked the belt. Done. No glue needed.

Magnets
zs1_zpsappecthp.jpg

Unhelmeted
commandocodylm2_zpsizlyiok7.jpg

Complete - the eyes actually DO line up with the visor lenses...
zs3_zpszmyryejt.jpg

Anyway, glad the have this. I'm asking Evilface if he'll do a custom graphic "Zombies of the Stratoshpere" base and stand for me.

Last edited:
Couple more...

Eyes of custom head line up with visor lenses...

cody71_zpsnm368qam.jpg

cody14_zpsgxrszmry.jpg

New pose...

cody9_zpsntcjezvj.jpg

cody8_zpsxnuvx6yj.jpg

Last edited:
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who thought this figure was must have. At some point I'll display him, but my problem is wondering exactly which accessories to display him with.

Back