Go Hero Flash Gordon Pre-Order

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GH NL Text...

Greetings Collect-O-Boys + Girls Who Like Toys,

Spring has sprung. The grass has ris'. I wonder where my Buck Rogers is! The figures are actually being assembled now! I should have final photos shortly, and will post them along with Cody, Skeleton, and others we have coming along. When Buck is ready to ship, I will notify you folks who may have changed credit cards, addresses, or political affiliations before we charge it. ALSO - I am super proud to let you in on a little secret that is brewing about this figure. This Buck Rogers figure is being considered for induction into multiple museums right now. I will announce when it is finalized, but I wanted to share that news with you as it is a bit of a boost after having waiting for so long.

PRE-ORDERS: We are still taking Pre-Orders for Buck Rogers now as well as on Flash Gordon, coming later this year. We will be taking preorders next month on a few items we have shown. As always with preorders, we do not charge until it is ready to ship. And we will try to spread out the projects so we do not completely lay waste to your wallet.

The Buck Rogers Atomic Pistols are HERE! Do not miss out on this amazing piece of science fiction history! Each piece comes with Individually Stamp Numbered Metal Pistol, Electro Gold Plated Metal Finish, Sparking & Popping Mechanism, Adjustable Flint (w/ Spare Flints), Hand Crafted Mahogany Finished Recycled Maple Box, Laser Etched Box Graphics, Magnetic Seals on Box Lid, Numbered Die-Cast Emblem Inlayed on the Box Lid, Fitted Black Display Mold, Reproduction Die-Cast Buck Rogers Figurine, Reproduction 1937 Patent Drawing, Reproduction Box Style Sleeve w/ Vintage Graphics, Numbered Certificate of Authenticity, and Orange Safety Plug (for you people who have to take it outside and play). For wholesale, please contact DKE, but hurry!

NYCC Wrap Up: Thank you to Winston and Martin at Executive Replicas, to everyone who stopped by, chatted, and took pictures! (Even that weird dude with the funny t-shirt who would not leave - you know who you are!) We made quite a splash and were told several times we had the most exciting products! Check out the video from our friends at Big Kev's Geek Stuff and some coverage from the latest issue of ToyFare! Please send any other photos you find and we will post them! I want to answer the top 3 questions I got...

1 - The Cyclops is huge and we do not have a price yet, but will soon! (Is it worth the price going higher if we have an electronic eye? Let me know!)
2 - The Astronaut and Space Pod are being released by Executive Replicas. Go Hero will have an exclusive version!
3 - Yes...that is my actual wife and not someone paid to make me feel important.

GO HERO FRIENDS: Each month I plan to showcase a few items or factoids I think are noteworthy by companies that are doing interesting work. This may include news from one of our licensors, admiration of a competitor (Hot Toys Joker is Amazing!), or even something weird that I think is interesting yet irrelevant. Let's start now...

Our partners at Bluewater Productions are releasing stories by the one and only William Shatner! Take a look at these all new comics from this Pop-Culture icon! And...have you seen Female Force? While it may not be everyone's cup of tea, I am more than a little curious about seeing Sarah Palin mind controlling Alaskan volcanoes to explode! Hillary Clinton with "Pantsuit Powers"! And Michelle Obama who...um...what does she do? Apparently she know how to sell out comics everywhere! These may end up being record breaking comics for an indy comic company! GO

FIRESIDE CHAT: I have gotten a lot of calls from customer, cohorts, friends, and supporters that want to know what has been happening with the Buck project. For those interested in the full details of this now epic production, I will be writing my account where I explain how we literally got sabotaged by competitors in cahoots with our now former factory. It will be a long story of leverage, litigation, and lies, but I promise you that it ends with the good guys crossing the finish line. The film rights to my story, entitled "To Make a Buck", are still available. I would like to be played by the Darby O'Gill era Sean Connery - fresh faced, full of vim and vigor. Before he got all sophisticated with the spying and the what not. Seriously, thanks for hanging in there with us. We are working through it all now and will be on track with all the future projects!

Until next time...beware...someone “Merciless” in coming!,

Steve (what a great idea to make expensive toys in a horrible recession) Forde

https://www.goheroshop.com/home.php

Last edited:
So if the Buck is being assembled now in China, then we're at least a month or 2 away from them making it across the pond and into our waiting arms.

I'd be curious who the "competitor" is that interfered with the factory.

So if the Buck is being assembled now in China, then we're at least a month or 2 away from them making it across the pond and into our waiting arms.

I'd be curious who the "competitor" is that interfered with the factory.

I asked but he wouldn't tell me. Too nice a Guy I think. But I had a prime suspect in mind. It was pure hell for him, though -- he had to Hire a Guy in Asia to Rep them and intervene. In the end the new Atomic bodies cost him a lot more, but he's not passing it on to us.

Anyway, all is straightened out now...

Very cool info. The more info, the better.

Buck and Flash are crazy awesome but I just want to be able to order some Atom bodies. :(

Good to hear there is more progress with Buck - thanks for posting the NL.
Sounds like they should have some to show at SDCC.

I'm glad Go Hero made it through the storm with the saboteurs. I hope to get my Buck figure soon and I'll be sure to order a Ming, since he's next on the slate.

I preferred the original head too. It looked a little more like Buster Crabbe.

I think it is more about the paint work and neck joint being visible than a changed sculpt. Overall paintwork looks darker...

Yes, it appears to just be a difference from proto to production paint, it doesn't really look like the sculpt is different.

I think it is more about the paint work and neck joint being visible than a changed sculpt. Overall paintwork looks darker...

I notice the neck joint is more visible too. I might have to try a Hot Toys neck post.

DID YOU GUYS NOTICE THE SKELETONS ARE COMING SOON!?!?!

$120 for 3 pack seems like a great deal to me!!!

Also note per website "*Skeletons will not actually do your bidding" :lol :(

That is a great price... $50 for one is very reasonable, but 3 for $120 is too good to pass up :rock :rock

Always loved the Skeleton Warriors :rock :rock :rock

Wonder if they'll have a price for the Cyclops at SDCC?

I think they look really good too. Can't wait for both Perseus and Sinbad, definately something new for my collection.

Definitely look good... I think they captured the look very well. Wonder how the poseablity/stability of the body will be?

skeletons3.jpg

ske3_2.jpg

i bet they'll need a stand of some sort. I hope there is a tightness to the upper arms though so they'll hold those sword swinging poses..

I feel pretty good about GoHero... the Buck Rogers body was very nice on my figure. No small feat for a first go at 1/6 figures. Not to mention being so easy to work with for returns and replacement parts.

they look like a good new addition, would love to see them continue to nab licenses like Erroll Flynn films, that kind of oldschool stuff.

I'm wishywashy on the toyishness of the headsculpts at least via pics, but they seem innovative and new in a lot of aspects.

The metal swords, shields is exciting for Perseus.

Flash looks great. It's nice to see GoHero punching above their weight, especially in a recession.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back