Go Hero + Executive Replicas Lost in Space

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As someone who has purchased all the figures in this line thus far, I would rather see them finish it out in a style consistent with the figures already released than to crank up the quality and redo the five figures they already produced. For those of us who were old enough to have watched LIS when it first ran on TV the cheesing aspect of these figures lends a certain nostalgia. My biggest complaint with these is they had great prototype sculpts for all the cast, but ditched them. Having seen the original sculpts for all of these the portraits were as good as, or better than recent SS likenesses like Snake and any Harrison Ford they try to sculpt. Cheap factory production caused the heads to end up looking like something you would expect from Hasbro, with better likenesses. At the end of the day I am not thrilled with the price but this is likely the only chance at getting the rest of the LIS crew. Having a little inside information into the early stages of this line, Will was always going to be a problem to get out because he required a special size body that wasn't a common stock item. Could it have been better? Yes, but at least something is coming out I can work with, without having to hire a custom seamstress.

Yes, Will needing a boy body is a common setback. However, having a bit of inside insight also, I know that back when SFM was doing them a body option was brought to their attention and never followed thru with.
SFM and its ego killed the first phase of LiS. They seem to think giving the license to their sister company and hiking the prices up $100 is a good solution.
Its really a shame.

I would have gladly bought every figure from this line as I already own all that were already released. Looking at the product now, I think I might be done. For a $100 or so price increase, I certainly would expect to see improvements relative to that cost.

I would be perfectly okay with the rest of the figures coming out looking like the originals. Consistancy is what I prefer if you can dispaly 7 or more figures from the same source material together. The original portraits may not hold up to the **** retentive expectations of some collectors, but they looked like the actors and had the appropriate kitsch for figures based on a cheesy '60s tv show. These newer releases have poor quality likenesses that make it harder to pull the trigger because you know you will have to drop more money to get an accurate sculpt. As much as I want classic Star Trek figures I am passing on both the Moebius and QMX figures as I predict zero probablity of getting characters like Chekov and Sulu. I wont buy the Firefly figures for the same reason. The one time a company is willing to go this deep into a license (that isn't Star Wars) and they drop the ball on the three yard line.

Don't forget that Executive Replicas IS Sci Fi Metropolis which is the company that couldn't get this line out consistently back in 2008.

How long was it between announcement and release on Verda? I'd expect the same level of delay with Will. And rocket pack John has been out for pre-order for a very long time, hasn't he? I switched my pre-order on him from one store to another awhile back, so I can't tell when I placed the original.

Originally? December of 2008. :lol

Attachments

• SFM ToyFair 2008 price list.jpg
    SFM ToyFair 2008 price list.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 110
A bit of a joke if you asked me. Talk about back-burner. You'd think the companies involved (at least Phicen) would have better management of their plans. 2-3 years is crazy. 8 years doesn't even qualify as a plan.

This was announced BEFORE Obama even took office...?

A bit of a joke if you asked me. Talk about back-burner. You'd think the companies involved (at least Phicen) would have better management of their plans. 2-3 years is crazy. 8 years doesn't even qualify as a plan.

This was announced BEFORE Obama even took office...?

To be fair, the 2008 date goes back to before Phicen and GoHero becoming involved. I still don't think partnering with them was a good move but now its on ER to show they can do more than they did as SFM. Changing their sculptor certainly wasn't a good choice.

They should just release that jetpack -- they'll sell as many of just that to Bond fans as they will of the full figure to Lost in Space fans. More I'd bet.

I suggested that to them when the LIS line was coming thru SFM. Release the jetpack and a weapons/accessory pack. Its at least putting something out in between the HUGE voids separating figure releases. And could sell to many cross genre collectors.

This is one of the reasons I didn't pre-order the John Robinson. I have lost faith in their ability to follow through or even communicate the status of their projects.

They were never the greatest at communicating the line's status or updates.
A true shame as it cost them a lot of potential sales as SFM and now that seems to be continuing as E.R.

They said it wouldn't work. They wanted to release full figures but could not "break bread" with any company they tried to ally with.

Is it safe to preorder the jetpack figure on their website? Looking at all the delays I'm wondering if this will ever actually be released.

Back