Go Hero + Executive Replicas Lost in Space

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nycc-phicen-exrep-gohero02_zpsyckzk8wo.jpg

nycc-phicen-exrep-gohero04_zpslbtcn04x.jpg

These are up at $279.99. Holy Cow! For that amount, the jet pack should actually fly.

Absurd price. It seems Go Hero is trying to out-do Hot Toys, as far as which company can charge the most money for their products.

Sean

Any other retailers with this up yet? Damn, that's a lot...

--

I have not seen too many retailers opting to carrying and sell the ER/GH specific products asides from Cotswold and a couple of others.

I do know ER/GH uses a niche distributor for some of their products, but I don't think the latest/newest offerings is going that route due to the limited production run given the higher price point and ER/GH could very well just sell the products direct from their own websites to avoid any middle man/pricing issues.

If that's the case, then more power to them.

As much as we collectors complain about pricing, etc., the niche products from ER/GH like this and the 2001 astronauts are specifically intended for very specific niche customers who'll pay MSRP for them and not necessarily the casual/general collectors like us who are price conscientious for obvious reasons.

I love the jetpack, always have. Also the jacket with the fuzzy hood that John Robinson wears.

I'm debating on this. The price is kinda an ouch though.

Alter Ego has this up for pre-order as well.

The first business to offer this at a more reasonable price, or offer a coupon, will get my business.

They justify the high price with the whole "rising cost" and we offer niche pieces in low quantities excuses but this price is higher than Hot Toys for chrissakes. And they won't show what body they're using.
It's a slap in the face to those who supported the line in its previous incarnation that this "rebirth" was supposed complete the line at prices that put that goal out of reach for many.

They justify the high price with the whole "rising cost" and we offer niche pieces in low quantities excuses but this price is higher than Hot Toys for chrissakes. And they won't show what body they're using.
It's a slap in the face to those who supported the line in its previous incarnation that this "rebirth" was supposed complete the line at prices that put that goal out of reach for many.

I agree, the price is absurd.
But when I asked on their Facebook page they justified the price by saying that some people would spend $200 on the accessories alone. That was literally their answer. I was pretty shocked by that. So they are basing the price on what a VERY few rich collectors might pay for a jetpack. Not very smart if they want to build the hobby and their consumer base. By raising the prices to such an unrealistic level they are making the collector market so small that it will be unsustainable.

They seem to have a bit of a problem with customer relations when addressing polite comments from customers as well. They said perhaps I wasn't cut out to have their "high end" products - which to me don't look anywhere near Hot Toys level. Nice way to loose a customer.

Sean

Back