Glass (Split Sequel) January 18, 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Willis was terrible in this, didn’t seem to be in character at all except for the first 10 minutes, which I enjoyed.
Once they got to the institute, it was so boring IMO. I couldn’t stand the American Horror Story actress. That whole hour was a waste, why would they not believe they have super powers. It was so dumb and slow....
When Glass started to finally speak, I finally got into it again. His escape plan was great.
Then once the secret society black clover tattoo people showed up, it got really stupid. Hated that twist, took me out of the movie big time.
Then they kill everyone and the other twist showing superheroes were real but the footage shown wasn’t even that good. Dumb ending and how they treated David was a disgrace. Awful, a movie I wish I never saw like Last Jedi, Crystal Skull, and that last Aliens movie.

Cant argue with any of that... I did not find any of the asylum stuff to be boring.. Perhaps I will the second time. Of course I see that some that had the same response that I did to the movie like it more the 2nd time.

I think its way better the TLJ, KOTCS, and Alien Resurrection

Cant argue with any of that... I did not find any of the asylum stuff to be boring.. Perhaps I will the second time. Of course I see that some that had the same response that I did to the movie like it more the 2nd time.

I think its way better the TLJ, KOTCS, and Alien Resurrection

It was just a slap in the face to David fans. We wait 20 years to see him in action again, saving lives, fighting villains and he drowns in a puddle by a clover tattoo goon. Awful, almost as bad as what happened with Luke in this new trilogy. Awful awful.

It was just a slap in the face to David fans. We wait 20 years to see him in action again, saving lives, fighting villains and he drowns in a puddle by a clover tattoo goon. Awful, almost as bad as what happened with Luke in this new trilogy. Awful awful.

I cant argue with any of that... So uneventful and like a slap to the face.

I believe 100% that if David lived I would have really liked the film and would have even been fine with the twist.

Saw this earlier. This movie is as perfect as it gets; for a comic book genre. They're not immortal or gods. It certainly blur the lines between superhero, villain, and human. Why, Mr. Green can argue that the ending is even more satisfying in all sort of ways. Hidden forces lost the battle. But life goes on.

Saw this yesterday. What a way to **** on your own legacy. Thank you mr Shyamalan, now every time I watch Unbreakable I’ll know that it all ends with Dunn getting drowned in a poddle by some black ops guy. A big **** you to the fans, this is The Last Jedi level bad.

Not all fans.
Some do accept what he wanted to do.
All the main characters die so the truth can be revealed.
Hard to swallow but you gotta respect the balls of Shyamalan not going the fanboys way.

Not so incredible is how peep become attached to a freshly made characters, especially with the basic power of strength; like Samson and his hair. It's a movie and not like a series like that of Spiderman. Peep want these characters to last forever. Add a few alternate universe version to not bore people. Lets add some latex uniform for the next evolution. By praise or hate, it's all legal. And if they managed to produce sequel after sequel, a death scene will keep fans alive. Who knows, lets clone a few version of them, after the beloved's death; like that of Superman. No, they die doing what they do best and with a purpose. And within the basic of human characters and circumstances.

Not all fans.
Some do accept what he wanted to do.
All the main characters die so the truth can be revealed.
Hard to swallow but you gotta respect the balls of Shyamalan not going the fanboys way.

Except it was so dumb. Everyone who saw those ****** videos would just claim they’re fake. There’s probably stuff like that on YouTube right now.

And also all this garbage about subverting expectations is nonsense. Yeah, it might work every now and then, but most of the time it’s just annoying and feels forced. I’d say this and the last Jedi are perfect examples of how not to do it.

I’m reading Mark Waid’s Flash and in the foreword to the first volume he says that his guiding principle was “do no harm “. Wish more creators would follow that rule.

I don’t think the movie or filmmaker deserve respect simply for going a less typical route. I would respect it if it was well executed. But IMO it’s not - the last minute introduction of a ridiculous new villain to frame the events as a labored allegory was far less interesting and engaging than the simpler, character driven twists and reveals of the previous two movies.

But I still found it entertaining and interesting on first watch despite the weak final reveal.
Knowing where the setups are leading will be a detriment to repeat viewings I imagine.

Yes average people will probably say the videos are fake but the main goal was to awake the others individuals with powers.

It's not just to give him respect for the sake of going against expectations (even if think it is worth respecting).
His universe his rules.
Guys created these characters.
He know them more than anyone.
He choose to do that with them.
I respect his vision.
Even if I don't like it.
In SWTLJ Luke was betrayed by a wannabee smart director.
I don't feel like this here.

But yeah I think most of us really loved Dunn and it was heartbreaking to see him go. Especially that way.

And as I said you can also thank Bruce Willis who made it a pain to work with.

Who is the ridiculous new villain?

it's the
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

:rotfl

Thank you for the reveal. I think I see what he was going for -- a bit of DaVinci Code/reverse Templars -- but simplified to Men-in-Black for the comic book mind.

Overall, I don't see what the point of this "series" was? Seems more like M. Night used the excuse of "world building" in order to try and squeeze a square peg into a round hole. But for what purpose?

Yes average people will probably say the videos are fake but the main goal was to awake the others individuals with powers.

It's not just to give him respect for the sake of going against expectations (even if think it is worth respecting).
His universe his rules.
Guys created these characters.
He know them more than anyone.
He choose to do that with them.
I respect his vision.
Even if I don't like it.
In SWTLJ Luke was betrayed by a wannabee smart director.
I don't feel like this here.

But yeah I think most of us really loved Dunn and it was heartbreaking to see him go. Especially that way.

And as I said you can also thank Bruce Willis who made it a pain to work with.

I’ll go as far as saying I respect his right to do as he pleases with his fiction but I can’t applaud someone for executing a flawed vision. In fact I can’t imagine this movie is the result of creative inspiration at all. There’s nothing organic about it.

:rotfl

Thank you for the reveal. I think I see what he was going for -- a bit of DaVinci Code/reverse Templars -- but simplified to Men-in-Black for the comic book mind.

Overall, I don't see what the point of this "series" was? Seems more like M. Night used the excuse of "world building" in order to try and squeeze a square peg into a round hole. But for what purpose?

I think this was just an exercise to create the sequel people wanted while also being all “twisty.”
But as you said, the parts are too disparate and not in a good way. Instead of a glorious Dreadnok Thunder Machine we got a badly tailored Hillary Pants Suit.

M. Night has become the twist. Every so often you’re like oh **** this is actually really good! Didn’t see that coming.

But all things considered I’ll always check out his movies. He’s always putting out original work, which ain’t easy, especially being in the “gotcha!” genre.

Finally saw this.

Pretty sucky. I should have just read the spoilers and not bothered.

Back