GIMLI Customs...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did notice the starting off simple with the Rings and now the sculpt and casting.. I'll pretty much be down for everything you are doing.

Thank you for the kind words, but you haven't seen nuttin yet. My plans are starting off simply and only increasing in complexity and the amount of 'from scratch' stuff. Once I get the pressure pot, things will begin to expand. I'm still too slow, though. :banghead

Awesome to hear!! Great work on everything up to this point, top notch!

Awesome to hear!! Great work on everything up to this point, top notch!

:bow

Thank you. Your work and that of the other very talented people here has been inspiring.

The encouragement and positive responses from my fellow SSfreaks are indeed motivating. I've made customs for myself for years now but being able to share with others has been more rewarding than I counted on. It's great to be a part of this community. :rock

:bow

Thank you. Your work and that of the other very talented people here has been inspiring.

The encouragement and positive responses from my fellow SSfreaks are indeed motivating. I've made customs for myself for years now but being able to share with others has been more rewarding than I counted on. It's great to be a part of this community. :rock

You are quite welcome! Being able to help each other and see cool customs grow from it is what make this hobby fun and worth it.

And I've finally done it. Forgive the crap cell phone shots but I was excited to say I finally made Gimli using EC's awesome sculpt. I plan to add the Lothlorien cloak and a little something extra yet but right now I am more than happy. This if my first, self painted, full 1/6 scale figure.

0427090156.jpg

0427090154.jpg

0427090153.jpg

Wow! That looks really good even with the blurriness. The coloring is great and he looks quite badass. Nice job! :rock

Minor nit, and it's tough to tell in the pics, but the neck *might* need a bit of sanding/grinding to get it to sit a bit lower. When sculpting it, I erred on the side of a bit longer than too short. But the beard length does look a lot better, imo. ;)

Yea neck is a bit high but I'll see how it ends up once I throw a cloak on him. I have to say, I was a bit nervous using your sculpt as a first full attempt but I think it came out OK.

On mine I have complete sanded the neck off. It was a feature I was excited about but the more I looked into it, Gimli was kind of a neckless fellow. :lol

Took some better shots last night, just need to load them up. I relied on a card reader for so long that I have no idea where my transfer cable is, and now I don't have a card reader active and no transfer cable :lol Ahh Murphy's Law.

That Gimli looks great! Has anyone done a cast of Aragorn's head and modified it for the full beard like he had during his coronation?

Back