GIMLI Customs...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my special EntropyChicken Super Upgrade GEAR...

Here's the shoulder armor:

Gimli1-1.jpg

Beautiful cast and paintwork! Looks so real in hand!

And of course, I got one of EC's Giml heads...

Gimli2.jpg
Gimli3.jpg

Weathered and cranky...

Gimli4.jpg

For those curious by compares: Original vs. Upgrade

Gimli7.jpg

Gimli6-1.jpg

Gimli8-1.jpg

Last pic with helmet -- Warrior Dwarf!

Gimli10.jpg

Great pics! So glad you like him, buddy! :duff

And yes, he does look quite cranky. :D

:lol

Thanks EC! You did an amazing job on my stuff! Absolutely love it!

:duff

You can see by the compare above that the big distractors from my original custom were the head and the shoulder armor -- and you got that fixed for me! It'll be fun to add the FINAL GIMLI to that compare and see how drastically he's improved with your upgrade.

I know this project is a little passed its prime and most have moved on from the LOTR section, but I hope people check in and get to see your great work here.

I know this project is a little passed its prime and most have moved on from the LOTR section, but I hope people check in and get to see your great work here.

My fault I'm afraid. I really must get quicker at this stuff. :eek:
I do sense the time fast approaches for a great 1:6 custom LotR resurgence. :naughty

And your comparison pics are fantastic and great references for all customizers.

looks great! I still need to figure out a way to paint my EC head.. it is still sitting here, as i need to practice before trying it.. not to mention get paint, etc. I have no clue how i'm gonna do that. shoulda just had him paint it! lol. And i'm just waiting for my painted shoulder armor from him, and i'll be all set too! My custom looks great as is.. but that armor will really make it pop. And once i get the new head painted? PERFECT.

So happy with the way this custom turned out!

And yeah, i'm VERY looking forward to a resurgence and some merry/pip sculpts worthy of our time! Want to finish my darn fellowship already! :)

Got my special EntropyChicken Super Upgrade GEAR...

Here's the shoulder armor:

Gimli1-1.jpg

Beautiful cast and paintwork! Looks so real in hand!

And of course, I got one of EC's Giml heads...

Gimli2.jpg
Gimli3.jpg

Weathered and cranky...

Gimli4.jpg

For those curious by compares: Original vs. Upgrade

Gimli7.jpg

Gimli6-1.jpg

Gimli8-1.jpg

Last pic with helmet -- Warrior Dwarf!

Gimli10.jpg

:rock :rock

Looks great WG!!!!

I still need to get my Gimli sculpt painted.

I think you've done a great paintjob on Entropy Chicken's sculpt Wor-Gar. The hair and beard colour looks a far better match than on the original sculpt and yes, you've really captured the "cranky" look.
I really wish I could have picked up one of the sculpts, as I've assembled the rest of my own Gimli figure and just have the original head left to repaint. For the shoulder armour, I used the Toybiz ones after heating and stretching them a bit and repainting them.

Hopefully these are still available... I finally got round to doing some work on my Gimli... still looking for the rotocast but I have the DiD, fatsuit and replacement mail all in hand now.

I also managed to pick up an Arwen... its actually quite nice and the outfit fits onto other 1/6th female bodies but could do with a new sculpt. The head would work well with one of the 1/6th wigs... maybe we should be looking at an Arwen sculpt.

OK, I'm here all alone but here it goes anyway...

GIMLI with EC head and shoulder armor:

Gimlinew8-2-09PSheadadj.jpg

I had to PS the head a bit lower as I haven't yet filed down the neck post. I have to strip Gimli down to do that. But when that's done he should look like this. Dreading having to take all this clothing off and dealing with all that sparkly ^^^^ again on the chainmail.

Here's an AFTER and BEFORE compare to show the improvements. The light kind of sucks so the new shoulder armor doesn't quite jump like it does in hand.

Newvsoldcompare.jpg

BTW, the shoulder armor does indeed fit over the shirt and chainmail. I need to trim down the chainmail a bit so it doesn't bunch up as much around the elbow.

Here's a "bobblehead" GIF for fun -- it shows the true placement of the Gimli head at the moment against the PS adjust I did to lower the head to where it will be when I fix the neck post on the body.

Gimlibobbleheadcompslower.gif

Last edited:
Looks awesome WG. The helmet looks like it is riding too high. Can you push it down further or is that where it rests?

Back