Giles coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh wonderful! I actually think I prefer him without the glasses myself.

I can't wait to try get him off eBay! :D

Thanks for the pics both of you (even though I can't see superman's). I agree, hair and eyebrows look bad, but I think the rest is pretty much the same as the prototype, and the likeness is there. I will be happy to add Giles to my collection.

I think he's better than the proto and will look great with the rest of the gang,the only improvement would be to darken his brows.
Carn't wait for mine to arrive.

Darklord Dave said:
In hand it looks exactly like the prototype except the glasses are better.

I argee totally.

I'm also of the same mind that he looks better without his glasses. Currently I have him holding his glassses in his right hand and the holding an opened book that came with Der Kindestod in his left. For an added effect, I have a copy of the Vampyr book laying at his feet.

I would take pictures of him but I currently having probelm with my digital camera.

Funny, Giles is the very first Buffy figure (not including the Angel line which I view as separate) that I pre-ordered and had directly shipped to me from Sideshow. All the rest have been Ebay purchases. I had originally ordered D'Hoffryn but cancelled him after viewing all the episodes and not being too impresed with the character. :rolleyes:

And now he is unfortunately going to be the last. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

The head sculpt does look better in person, very close to the prototype with only a slight loss of detail in the hair. The slightly sloppy paint and light colored stitching are the worst parts to me.

I just looked at this thread title and thought I better get an african american female buck and make an Olivia for poor Rupert.

This will likely be my final Buffy figure...the end of an era. It ends on a good note for me. Now that I'll soon have Giles in my hand, my Buffy collection will be complete.

I just got Giles. I am very happy with the figure and the sculpt is awesome. The eyebrows however suck and they definitely need a repaint.

If I got Giles he would have to be repainted because the prototype pictures had me falling in love with this figure.

However, from what I seen, while his sculpt hasn't suffered, the paint apps have. Definitely would have to get him repainted.

What would you (those who own him) rate Giles? Be honest. Also, give me the positives and negatives. You maybe able to persuade me to either keep him or stay away.

If you have a Buffy collection a that you are satisfied with then you will feel Giles is high on the list. If Faith is a 1 and Graduation day Buffy is a 10, Giles is an 8. The lighter stitching on the suit is no where near as annoying in person as it is in photos. Likewise the detail in the sculpt is fabulous and although I think the paint is a little too thick this is definitely Giles.
The accessories are cool. I like the extra hands, the cross looks a little disproportionate, but the Gachnar figure is very cool. Although I have never seen a pair of 1:6 glasses look really good, these are the best I have seen. My least favorite thing is the sword, as its pretty flimsy.

You are amazing! You gave me what I asked for and more! Thanks buddy!

I do have quite a few Buffy 1/6 figures. I honestly would love a Giles, but my collection room is getting overly stressed with too many collectibles. I may have to sell a few items. I was thinking of getting rid of some of my MOSC Buffy figures. Just from the Mac to DST line. I'll keep some of my favs, like my MOSC human faced Spike and series 2 Buffy! But yeah I have a lot of variants. Should have sold my Buffy figures 2-3 years ago when they went for a LOT more and there was still a huge mass of people gorging on Buffy collectibles.

The thought of selling any piece of my Buffy collection makes me shiver. Even 12" Faith or DST the Buffybot (or the Monsterbot).

Well, I am not sold on the idea yet, but I have branched into more higher end pieces. Like for 1/6 figures... DiD, Hot Toys, and Medicom. For statues... SideShow's Premium Format line. Odd SS statue piece, and stuff from Gentle Giant, DC Direct, and now from the Final Fantasy PF line!

Game worn jerseys. Movie props. Have no idea how I make it happen, but I find a way! hehe

So something has to go to make room for these bigger pieces.

Unfortunately it maybe my MAC, DST, and McFarlane 6" figures that go.

I feel your pain... I had to sell all of my Medicom Star Wars figures to focus on other collectibles. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Eli26 said:
If I got Giles he would have to be repainted because the prototype pictures had me falling in love with this figure.

However, from what I seen, while his sculpt hasn't suffered, the paint apps have. Definitely would have to get him repainted.

What would you (those who own him) rate Giles? Be honest. Also, give me the positives and negatives. You maybe able to persuade me to either keep him or stay away.
I just recently bought a Legacy Pierce Brosnan Bond and I have to say that I'm far more satisfied with Giles. If I had to rate Giles I'd give it an 8 and G-day Buffy would get a 9, a point deducted for being too tall and having lose joints.

I got my Giles today I was more than happy with him but I wanted him to look more like he did in season 1. So I put some stuff together and this is how he came out. here some pictures (sorry cam. phone):D

jacket-SideShow Get Smart "Chief", shirt- Dragon "G4", pants-BBI "???" and bag- Project ARE "Civilian Duffel Bag" :eek:
most of it I got at The OLDjOE Infirmary and the bag at Good stuff to go.

Back