Giles coming!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing you can count on at SS is excellent customer service.

I finally got exclusive Cigarette Smoking Man. I asked for him to be shipped with Giles to save some $$. My card was declined; due to me not filling out some identify form with my credit card provider. Well that takes like 2 weeks to process. As we know SS only give you 5 days to pay. I wrote to them and said how I could pay using another card but it would take me a little over the 5 days to get to the bank to put the money into the account and asked if would that be ok, and sure enough they gave me the extension.

I'm so happy after having to cancel Cordy, and yellow suit version of Lorne I was cut up over the idea of missing out on Giles too.

At least I start a new job in a few months with a much better pay that will help support my habit.

I got a bulk order in and Giles is the only one on the invoice NOT showing as shipping soon. Hopefully that will correct and the whole lot will ship together (Spiderman -Red & Blue, Spiderman - Black, Venom, Sarah Conner & Giles).

Oh thank you very much for posting those!!

Hmmm, not bad. Two things bug me, and that is the likeness still isn't that great, (but miles better then the new DST 7'' version) and that pale stitching on the suit really looks weird.

I can see I'm going to try and delicately hand touch up those with a felt pen or something.

Thanks for posting those Jmlsuperman!
I'm not happy with the way the head is painted, the weird light colored jagged edge painted on the eyebrows and the glossy paint on the hair look terrible. And the way the eyes are painted makes him look really tired. I'm also not liking the loss of detail in his hair the prototype had and the unnecessary lighter colored stitching.
Oh well, it will only cost me about $9 anyways.

Wow, I just received mine! No tracking email from Sideshow though.
I have the same eyebrows as Jmlsuperman but the eyes on mine look a little better. Same glossy hair though and a bit of slop around the hair line.
I don't like the light stitching on the suit, but it's not as bad as I thought.
A very strange thing though is the box art, it has Cordy and Lemon Yellow Suit Lorne on it but the box is most definitely in the Buffy line.
I love the little Gachnar Demon, and this is the first time I received a sword from Sideshow that was perfect!

Overall a very nice figure.
I'll try and take some pics soon.

Thanks for the pics. I was hoping the finished figure would look better than the prototye but compared to that he looks really different. He looks older too. I'm still gonna get him though cause he's part of the gang and i need him

Here's a couple quick ones, minor futzing done:
picture1025ox9.jpg

picture1028os2.jpg

There's a ton of tape used to secure him to the tray.
The extra left hand is almost identical to the other left hand included. And the paint on the fingernails on all but one hand make them look like they're dirty.
I'm having a minor issue keeping his glasses from sliding off his head but they look great when in place.

The prototype looked MUCH MUCH better and far more accurate to Anthony Stewart Head. I am so glad I waited for the fan pics. This is the kind of stuff I dislike. When you pluck down money for an item expecting to get what was originally posted and instead get this, something that looks so far off from the original prototype pictures that sold us on the piece in the first place.

In screaming's last two pics and the way the face is angled it looks much closer to the prototype pics.

It's funny how lighting and angle of pics effect the look of a piece.

Back