GI Joe Resolute Discussion [SPOILERS]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*Billy Dee Williams voice* It's not my fault!

Had Hasbro not dropped the ball on Resolute product this amazing figure would not have been saddled with the shtty ROC figures packaging. But I digress.

I kinda want a 1/6 version now...

Hey, in my book, it's merely a sheep in wolf's clothing. This figure should've been released on a Resolute card. Unfortunately Hasbro's packaging everything on the ROC crap, including the "then and now" 25th anniversary stuff, so we're left to either just eat it, or sit in the corner with our arms folded over our knees pouting with Evilface.

Hey, in my book, it's merely a sheep in wolf's clothing. This figure should've been released on a Resolute card. Unfortunately Hasbro's packaging everything on the ROC crap, including the "then and now" 25th anniversary stuff, so we're left to either just eat it, or sit in the corner with our arms folded over our knees pouting with Evilface.

lol wut?

Only reason I wold care about packaging would be this. You buy something on the ROC cobra card and Hasbro thinks " wow people are really digging ROC. Let's make 2 more movies so people buy more toys."

And it will not be a re-boot or a different take on Joe. Because, they will think the crap they allowed to be released is working.

Only reason I wold care about packaging would be this. You buy something on the ROC cobra card and Hasbro thinks " wow people are really digging ROC. Let's make 2 more movies so people buy more toys."

And it will not be a re-boot or a different take on Joe. Because, they will think the crap they allowed to be released is working.

Not how it works. It all depends on the ticket sales; toy sales are very neligible. A movie studio won't give a ???? that the toy company wants more movies when the first one underperformed; it's not worth the financial risk.

Not that it matters; the ROC toys have pretty much bombed anyways from what I heard.

:lecture:lecture:lecture This is exactly why I care what's on the packaging!

i know this thread is old but i just watched this last night

i was so impressed! wow! this is the way GI Joe should be (now that we're adults)

I loved hearing actual gunfire and not laser like sounds...people on both sides were actually injured or killed! this is the most realistic GI Joe ever!

Snake eyes was amazing in this!

Loved it!

Does anyone know if there is a Blu Ray release planned for it??

5/5 !!! awesome!

Pre-ordered both sets from bbts last night. They look very neat, and it's nice that they gave us a different Duke and tweaked Snake-eyes sword to not have a hilt for accuracy. The only gripe I have is that Cobra Commander is the same one released on the Resolute card and re-released in the 5-pack (I have both cus I'm a dummy). Aside from that they all look much nicer than the Cobra Island packs released last year.

These are nice, but I'm phasing out the 3 3/4" lines for Sideshow.

Hey man, welcome back? Nice vaca? :lol

Regarding the RES packs, they do look nice but I'm with Nam here, phasing out of the 3 3/4 stuff. All I have left is my carded SE's, SS's, and a 25th original Firefly.

I'm really surprised that Hasbro changed some of the figures like the Duke and the Trooper. I would have figured with as much respect as they've shown for RES that it would have been the exact same figures we already got and then the ones that got cancelled and never released.

I really love Resolute and I'll definately pick these up and probably some extra Ally Vipers. I'm also pretty excited about the upcomming G.I. Joe: Renegades especially after reading this:

* The series will premiere in the fall on the Hub network, a partnership between Hasbro and the Discovery Channel

* Margaret Loesch is the Executive Producer

* 26 episodes will be a part of the first season, with a 2 part pilot and the 7th & 8th episodes focusing on Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow

* Additional mini-arcs will also occur during the season

* The new series has no continuity with prior classic series, Resolute or the film series

* The series is essentially "GI Joe Year One" and will focus on the characters as grunts and spooks during the beginning of GI Joe

* The team is on the run from Cobra

* We will learn where the characters got their nicknames

* Cobra Commander will wear his distinctive mask

* Destro's mask has a purpose

* The core team consists of characters with distinctive personalities

* The animation is traditional 2D with extensive focus on light and shadow. The backgrounds appear to have a watercolor look

* The stories are not written for kids, but the series will not use bullets or any traditional weaponry. Characters will have signature weapons

* Toy line will launch in Fall 2011

the box sets look cool but the only figure i really want is ss since i already have se.

Back