GI Joe Official Movie Publicity Photos - LARGE PICS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^^ING HOLLYWOOD!!!! ^^^^ YOU HOLLYWOOD!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, I was one of those Transformes movie detractors...And to this day, I still think the movie sux...and Gijoe looks even less interesting...definite fail in my book.

Same here

None of those scream "GI Joe" to me. Looks like some Metal Gear crap.

:rotfl:rotfl so true :rotfl:rotfl

oreillyface-727911.jpg

The f'n thing sucks!

By the way, I was one of those Transformers movie detractors...And to this day, I still think the movie sux...and Gijoe looks even less interesting...definite fail in my book.

Shai I have a new found respect for you.

That movie did suck. I'm glad somebody else had the guts to say it. :monkey2

I don't think we can count on being that lucky. The main reason that HULK was revived was because Marvel Studios took over. Hasbro neither has the clout or the balls to make that happen with any of their IPs. TRANSFORMERS is about as good as it will get for them as far as movies, and even that has enough of its problems.

An even better example of a reboot than Hulk is Batman Begins and DC Comics wasn't running the production like Marvel does with their new movies. Its all a matter of simply finding a competent director with the passion to do justice to the material. Not that its likely, but the precedent is there so we can only hope.

Transformers didn't suck. ;)

No it most certainly did not. It was terrific popcorn entertainment and a very worthy representation of those classic characters.

This writer perfectly captures my thoughts:

Let's Talk About the G.I. Joe Movie Poster and Title
Posted at 3:00 PM Jun 23, 2008

Duke_Poster__scaled_300.jpg
Hey, it's the official live-action G.I. Joe movie poster! It's a big picture of Chanum Tatum in his black body armor as Duke! And look, it's the full title: Rise of Cobra! Say, let's play a game! Let's pretend we don't see the logo on the bottom, and count all of the things that make this poster just scream "G.I. Joe!"

1)
2)
3)
4)
5) Well, ^^^^.

There's nothing—nothing—that is G.I. Joe in this picture. Since Tatum is neither blond nor 30-something, he looks zero percent like the Duke character from the toys and cartoon. Perhaps making him younger would be fine, but in that totally generic black body armor, he's also dressed nothing like his original character. And maybe even that would be fine if there were AN AMERICAN FLAG OR SOMETHING THAT EVEN VAGUELY SUGGESTED THIS ^^^^^^^ IS A REAL AMERICAN HERO SOMEWHERE. If you take away the logo, there is absolutely nothing that would indicate this is a G.I. Joe flick—it's just some generic action movie. And that, my friends, is what we're going to get.

Totally agree Mike.

Notice how even after dramatic updates for last year's live-action Hasbro flick they still didn't have to actually put a caption on this poster stating "Optimus Prime."

optimus_1sheet_final_500.jpg

Who the heck is this guy? Oh, I guess its Duke because, um...the caption says so... :lol

44268.jpg

Re: GI Joe Official Movie Publicity Photos

Why is StormShadow wearing sneakers????

He's a ninja...he "sneaks" up on people, right?!?!

at least, that's probably what they were thinking when they came up with it.

MY THOUGHTS...

-That Storm Shadow belongs in The Matrix, not Gi Joe.

-The Baroness is hot, but she's not hot in the MILF way you'd expect The Baroness to look. This version seems more like the chick from She's All That (or if you watch adult films, think Randi Wright in her "Naughty Office" work)

-Ripcord was a white dude with red hair in the REAL Gi Joe and Duke didn't look like the current high school quarterback.

-I still like Snake Eyes the best. If they reveal that his whole jaw was destroyed, the mask could make sense as he'd probably need some type of facial structure (I'm just saying, it's the least of my worries so far).

-The Gi Joe logo camo is a shi-tastrophe.

:rotfl I like how Heavy Duty is firing his machine gun while it's resting on his stomach with his hand draped across the spinning barrels.
The posters look the same as the the costumes, like S^^^.
And there's no Cobra Commander pictured!

:rotfl I like how Heavy Duty is firing his machine gun while it's resting on his stomach with his hand draped across the spinning barrels.

Isn't that how supposed you're fire it?? Doesn't you gut have to take the recoil???:gun

No ^^^^. Where is Cobra Commander?? And do they believe people will think that dude on the right is Destro???

UGGGGG what a POS movie!!!!

the best part.. besides... Hawks "I smell ^^^^ expression", is Heavy D's (should have been roadblock) Gun firing when he's not shooting. His freaking hand is resting on the Barrel!!!!!! They can't produce a good poster... HOW can anyone think this will be good????

oops... didn't see Screamingmetal alreay pointed it out! :)

This is Duke right?
This is how I remember him from the toys.

gijoe_duke.jpg

Spot the difference!:banghead

duke-gi-joe.jpg

Last edited:
Yea, one rocks and the other is so horrible that they won't even let you hotlink the garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back