GI Joe Official Movie Publicity Photos - LARGE PICS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
44268.jpg

I just want this movie to go away already.

I hope more people than just me have the balls to tell the producers how badly they have FAILED when they try and push this crap at SDCC.

I hope more people than just me have the balls to tell the producers how badly they have FAILED when they try and push this crap at SDCC.

But what if nobody else feels they failed?

Looks pretty good to me so far. I realize the behind-the-scenes pics are horrible. But how the costumes translate to the big screen when the rubber hits the road is where it counts. And the posters don't look that bad if you can get past the colors not matching the comics. And as a fan of the black uniform/armor idea in ANY story...I am kind of digging on it. Especially the women's uniforms.

But what if nobody else feels they failed?

Looks pretty good to me so far. I realize the behind-the-scenes pics are horrible. But how the costumes translate to the big screen when the rubber hits the road is where it counts. And the posters don't look that bad if you can get past the colors not matching the comics. And as a fan of the black uniform/armor idea in ANY story...I am kind of digging on it. Especially the women's uniforms.

You are obviously entitled to your own opinion and it's great if you think it looks good, so far. But you are also quite clearly in the minority.

By the way, I was one of those Transformes movie detractors...And to this day, I still think the movie sux...and Gijoe looks even less interesting...definite fail in my book.

The problems wih G.I. JOE vastly overshadow those of TRANSFORMERS, imho. And it all starts at the top. As hackish as Michael Bay can be, he's Orson Welles compared to Stephen Sommers.

I like how the movie logo still only has periods after "G" and "I" as if its still an acronym for Government Issue. It should either be GIJOE or G.I.J.O.E. based on the Global Integrated lameness. Of course I realize that proper punctuation is the *least* of the film's problems....

I'm actually wondering if the best thing for GI Joe would be for this movie to open huge and then DIE IMMEDIATELY similar to Ang Lee's Hulk. Then the producers might get that a lot of people are clamoring for GI Joe on the big screen but only if its done well. The Hulk got a fresh reboot after only a few years. We can only hope the same could happen with GI Joe.

I don't think we can count on being that lucky. The main reason that HULK was revived was because Marvel Studios took over. Hasbro neither has the clout or the balls to make that happen with any of their IPs. TRANSFORMERS is about as good as it will get for them as far as movies, and even that has enough of its problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back