GI Joe Official Movie Publicity Photos - LARGE PICS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I plan on seeing the movie. I am an old "die-hard" Joe fan of the comics and the cartoon TV series. But again, I'm going in with an open mind. I know it's not going to be what I, or any other fan wants or expects. I know we wish we could all have a good sit down and talk with Larry Hama...starting out with the question..."why". At least I would. Stephen Sommers, is what he is. Just like Jerry Bruckheimer, and Michael Bay, and all of the other directors who are known to do "what they do". Not straying far if any from their tried and true, and mostly predictable formula movies. But, I'm also guilty of seeing all of their movies anyway. So I will go see it and have fun with it. I am not going to take it seriously at all. I know it's meant to be a "popcorn summer action movie" for the general public that either doesn't know what G.I. Joe really is about, and/or just doesn't care and wants to see another big action movie on the screen. I am looking forward to seeing my favorite Joe, Snake Eyes fight Storm Shadow. I really like Ray Park, and to me it's always amazing to see him show off his martial arts and sword-fighting skills on film. I just don't understand why Storm Shadow is shown mostly in the movie with his mask off, and even from what I've seen in recent trailers, with half of his ninja outfit torn off? What's going on with that "laudanum09"?

Honestly this movie will probably make insane amounts of money. Not sure if it will be a Michael Bay situation where he gets to sit back and say ^^^^ you to everyone but it'll make a huge amount. They've kept a lot of the older elements in terms of who the characters are but redeveloped them and everything else for a new audience. They aren't going for classic diehards, they want new fans and they are going for it. I guarantee you this is a hit with kids and with tweens.

All of these positive reviews are making me scratch my head a bit especially when some sites are posting a receipt of swag including SDCC exclusives a couple of weeks before them but I'll wait to see what the general consensus on here is. I can't go Friday anyway so might as well see if its a good as they are saying or if those are payoffs.

I don't care how much money it makes, the movie will be a piece of ^^^^ and I have no desire to ever see it.

Just got back from the screening. It was an entertaining movie. Lots of actions :rock Exciting movie all the way to the end. Also, Marlon Wayans didn't have a big part so he didn't kill the movie. Tatum is great as Duke. One thing I didn't like was the romantic stuffs though.

I give it 8/10. Movie theatre is the way to go for this movie.

I just don't understand why Storm Shadow is shown mostly in the movie with his mask off, and even from what I've seen in recent trailers, with half of his ninja outfit torn off? What's going on with that "laudanum09"?

He has his mask off maybe 55% of the time. Two major fight sequences involve him with his mask on for sure. For the other scenes, it's just dialogue or action that emerges out of a situation like that. It makes sense when he's in 'civilian' uniform and I kind of preferred his all white suit. He had some badass white leather kicks too. He was actually really awesome, slit a lot of throats and has a huge body count.

He has his mask off maybe 55% of the time. Two major fight sequences involve him with his mask on for sure. For the other scenes, it's just dialogue or action that emerges out of a situation like that. It makes sense when he's in 'civilian' uniform and I kind of preferred his all white suit. He had some badass white leather kicks too. He was actually really awesome, slit a lot of throats and has a huge body count.

Wow, just like the Storm Shadow we all grew up with.

I don't care how much money it makes, the movie will be a piece of ^^^^ and I have no desire to ever see it.

yeah.. I don't think I can bring myself to betray my childhood either. I'll wait for netflix... and even thats a big if.

that was amazing to watch, hope there are more parts for that soon or already out. Sad thing is this thing is prob gonna be alot better then the actual movie....

I feel asleep twice last watching the movie.. I only liked the SE scenes.. Even my nephew thought the movie wasn't that good..

I have zero history and connection to anything GI JOE so this mini review isn't meant for the die hard fans, nothing I could say would alter their feelings towards this movie.

This movie kicked some serious ass!

I ^^^^ you not but I had a guy in his 50's sitting to my left who fell asleep during the beginning credits and who was snoring really really loud, 3 teen girls in front of me text messaging each other and giggling throughout the entire movie and to my right was a group of mentally retarded adults in wheelchairs with their guardians (not trying to be mean spirited here) all making incomprehensible loud noises.....

YET, I was able to enjoy the movie.......It was good enough that I was able to sit back and ignore my surroundings and just take the craziness all in.

THAT's how much bad assness was on display in this movie.

There was scenes in there that have never before been seen in any action movie, and the stuff that has been seen before, well....they took it to a whole new level.

An excellent and enjoyable spectacle!

It was like they combined James Bond movies, Ninja movies, War movies and Disaster movies and gave it a shot of massive amounts of steroids!

Heck, there was even some Star Wars thrown in there for good measure.

FUN!

I could, and have done, much worse with $10.00!

This is why stand alone items from a movie, be they character photos, scripts, interviews, blah blah blah need to be taken with a grain of salt until the final product is seen within the appropriate context intended, only then can a fair review be made.

Was it a perfect action movie? Is anything in life ever perfect?

Well, let me see....none of this could ever happen in real life....wait....I love The Empire Strikes Back.....crap....that really didn't happen.

Man this movie kicked serious ass!

:rock

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back