GI Joe - A Real American Hero: Season One - Part 1 out July 21st!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Irish, is there anything GI Joe you do like? :lol

Yeah... all the stuff that doesn't suck, like: the Larry Hama Marvel Comics series (at least the first 75 issues or so); the original Hasbro toy lines ('82 - '85); some elements of the Sunbow cartoon (notably the voice talent); the 25th Anniversary toy line; the IDW comics (so far, anyway); and the Sideshow 1:6 figures aside from Cherry Cobra Commander.

And even though I think the toons are cheesy as hell and even embarrassing at times (Boy George Snake Eyes, Cold Slither, most of the '87 movie, etc) I still like it enough from a sentimental, nostalgic standpoint to be purchasing the footlocker set. Also, like I said, most of the voice talent rocks. Well, except for the voice of Barbecue, which is beyond awful. :lol But don't even get me started on the wretched DIC stuff...

Good enough?

Yeah... all the stuff that doesn't suck, like: the Larry Hama Marvel Comics series (at least the first 75 issues or so); the original Hasbro toy lines ('82 - '85); some elements of the Sunbow cartoon (notably the voice talent); the 25th Anniversary toy line; the IDW comics (so far, anyway); and the Sideshow 1:6 figures aside from Cherry Cobra Commander.

I see it didn't take long for the novelty of Resolute to wear off. ;)

I see it didn't take long for the novelty of Resolute to wear off. ;)

I do like RESOLUTE! It's much better made than the original toons. Just overlooked mentioning it, probably because it's even less canon than the Sunbow stuff. :lol

Yes, G.I. Joe Extreme. :yuck

It wasn't ARAH, though. It was Sgt. Savage stuff with Lt. Stone. The main bad guy was Iron Claw.

I liked the Sgt Savage line and thought it would have sold FAR better if they were 3 3/4 scale.

But that Extreme and Stone stuff was absolute garbage. In Hablowkenners defense, most of the toys made during that timeframe where garbage too.

I agree, the Sgt. Savage toy line was pretty kewl. Definitely much better than anything else they made between the classic RAH and 25th Anniversary lines.

$18 @ target $29 @ fye , WTF?

i already have the old anchor bay set so kinda pointless to buy this as most i already have...

Back