GI Joe - A Real American Hero: Season One - Part 1 out July 21st!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, as cheesy as it was at times this show really did have some classic moments... most of them sarcastic banter between the characters. For example:

Destro: Using the full power of the laser core on Washington could leave us vulnerable to counter-attack!

Zartan: Nonsense! There is no possible way for G.I. Joe to resist the Weather Dominator!

Destro: I will not have my opinions questioned by a penny-ante quick-change artist!

Cobra Commander: What would you have me do with Washington, Destro? Pepper it with spitballs?

-----------------
and

Destro: The ion attractor generates forces strong enough to pull down the Aurora Borealis, the ions melt the ice, eventually raising the water level eighty feet around the world. Every coastal city will be flooded! And then with the world in chaos, Cobra strikes!

Lady Jaye: Brilliant, Destro! I bet you'd take first prize at the science fair!

Destro: Beware, Lady Jaye! With so sharp a tongue you could cut your own throat!

Just a heads up to everyone, Shout! released this a week early. Just picked it up at Target for $16.99. I figured I'd just get the individual sets and get the whole series for $64. Even I couldn't justify spending an extra $84 for just the foot locker packaging and 60 page book. Plus these will be able to fit on the shelf with my other DVD's. Can't wait to watch some classic Joe tonight!

unknown-2.jpg

Does this new box set go past the Season 2.1., I have all the Rhino DVD's for GI JOE AND Tranformers...?

Last edited:
The huge footlocker set has ALL of the episodes, including the initial 2 mini-series. Everything except the '87 movie.

And with the foolocker set you get exclusive extras. I'm happy to report my Transformer box set shipped with no problems and arrived in pristine condition.

Which link are you using, there was a couple but I got confused as to which one ppl were talkn abt as the complete set minus the movie...?

https://www.gijoecollectorsset.com/

THIS ^^

The main extras I wanted are the PSA's and the old Hasbro toy commercials. Those are included in both the individual sets and the foot locker. The foot locker also comes with a USB drive featuring a couple of comics, an extra featurette with the original voice actors, and a 60 page book.

The foot locker is $145 and the four box sets are $16.99 to $19.99.

The main extras I wanted are the PSA's and the old Hasbro toy commercials. Those are included in both the individual sets and the foot locker. The foot locker also comes with a USB drive featuring a couple of comics, an extra featurette with the original voice actors, and a 60 page book.

The foot locker is $145 and the four box sets are $16.99 to $19.99.

Hm the extras in the footlocker aren't enough to get me to buy a bunch of dvds over again but they do sound cool.

Just a heads up to everyone, Shout! released this a week early. Just picked it up at Target for $16.99. I figured I'd just get the individual sets and get the whole series for $64. Even I couldn't justify spending an extra $84 for just the foot locker packaging and 60 page book. Plus these will be able to fit on the shelf with my other DVD's. Can't wait to watch some classic Joe tonight!

unknown-2.jpg

Well, don't cry then when they cancel the run after Season 2.1 :lol! I have absolutely no faith that they'll see the series all the way through, despite what's promised.

Well you can bet I'll be hunting down the foot locker if it comes to that. :p

Hence why I just ponied up from the start. I figure it's worth the extra $$$ vs. pay even more finding one aftermarket should the ball be dropped like last time. I'm also hoping IDW finishes the classic TPBs too. Though I'd rather drop the $$$ on a few hardcover omnibuses.

Watched a couple of episodes last night. The colors and clarity were pretty amazing (which everyone who owns the Rhino sets should already be accustomed to.) I love the old toy ads. They included an ad for the 1982 "collection" of figures, Breaker and the RAM motorcycle, and Snow Job and the Polar Battle Bear.

I really get a kick out of the "Funhouse" episode.

Alpine (to Bazooka): "How come whenever we split up Flint gets to go off with Lady Jaye and I always get stuck with you?" :lol

Face it, the show is pretty bad, but it's vital from a nostalgia standpoint.

I think they should release a soundtrack of the music, too. I'd buy it. :lol

I'm talking about ALL of the music. The stuff that they use in pretty much every episode (and in the '87 movie).

Back