GI Joe - A Real American Hero: Season One - Part 1 out July 21st!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm considering selling my older "Season 1" sets, but without knowing the quality of these yet. . .I don't know if I should get rid of these or not.

I don't think they will look that much better on Blu-Ray, but it would be a great option. You know at some point they will come back and milk us again with a Blu-Ray edition later.....so its just a way to get paid twice. Look at the first season of the original Star Trek. Its been re-mastered, then on HD-DVD, and now on Blu-Ray......and its way older than G.I. Joe or Transformers.

Yeah, but you are talking about the live-action series, right?

Lines in a cartoon aren't going to get THAT much sharper.

Yeah, but you are talking about the live-action series, right?

Lines in a cartoon aren't going to get THAT much sharper.

I can actually back that. The Disney animated movies that they're putting out on BluRay only have brighter colors. There's virtually NO difference in the animation. Seeing as how these have been remastered with the color changes fixed, given that G.I. Joe was already one of the brightest cartoons of the 80's, and the fact that BluRay players play normal DVDs, and it includes the entire series, this will be my final purchase of G.I. Joe cartoons.

Now up for preorder!

https://www.gijoecollectorsset.com/

attachment.php

attachment.php

:rock

:rock :rock :rock Looks bad-ass!! Definitely getting it but i think i'm gonna wait a couple months until Amazon has it at a cheaper price.

I'm actually going to wait and pick it up in person since it'll also be sold in stores this summer. I'd rather be able to hand pick a set and guarantee no creases or corner dings, especially for $145. That's just how I am.

I'm actually going to wait and pick it up in person since it'll also be sold in stores this summer. I'd rather be able to hand pick a set and guarantee no creases or corner dings, especially for $145. That's just how I am.

I wish i could do that :monkey2

lol, we collectors are a picky lot, aren't we? I'm just the same.

thats what I'm doing.

I believe that's direct from Shout Factory. They also have a site for the Transformers series.

Bazooka's an odd choice down there with all the Cobras. Suprised they didn't go with Firefly...

King Darkness said:
Who is this being sold by? Is this a reliable place to order from? And do they charge now or when they ship?

It's directly from Shout themselves. They put a temp charge on your credit card that goes away after 5 days then they charge it when it ships.

I'd like to wait myself and buy it from a store but B Ward said it's only going to be availabe at SDCC and online for a period of time and he didn't know how long that was going to be.

Firefly didn't really do much on the show.
Maybe not, but in Revenge of Cobra, he has some of the most powerful grenades I've ever seen! He threw them onto the street, and they created a massive wall of flames that the Joes could not pass through. That's why he is a bad-ass.

It's directly from Shout themselves. They put a temp charge on your credit card that goes away after 5 days then they charge it when it ships.

I'd like to wait myself and buy it from a store but B Ward said it's only going to be availabe at SDCC and online for a period of time and he didn't know how long that was going to be.

They will also be avaliable for purchase in stores and places like Amazon later on. Might even be this holiday. But i'm gonna keep an eye on them because i'm not gonna miss out on them. I just don't want to pay $145 now when Amazon could sell them for less.

Back